Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #8

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #8

Post by pfloyd »

#1 Logan , with no league affiliation will play 3 of the top 8 teams currently ranked in the Elite 8:

#3 Chillicothe @ Chillicothe
#5 Sheridan
#7 Warren @ the WarriorDome
#17 Athens (who lived in the Elite 8 earlier this season)
#30 Vinton County @ VC

add to that the unranked , outside our listening area :
Massillon Washington
Parkersburg South both will be at Logan

... waiting to hear about the makeups for the 2 games lost due to the weather - Hartley/ Marion Franklin ... probably not with those teams but hoping for 2 games to replace those ... we'll see
Last edited by pfloyd on Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

VetteMan wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:22 pm Pfloyd, Am I overlooking something, but why is Amanda not in your rankings ?
Amanda is not a SE District team - they are Central District ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:23 pm
VetteMan wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:22 pm Pfloyd, Am I overlooking something, but why is Amanda not in your rankings ?
Coach Carpenter has done an outstanding job at Amanda - I believe he is in year #4 or 5? bman can help use with that one though ... I've only see Amanda maybe 1 time per year - as they do play a number of SE district teams (those that are in the MSL for sure but others as well ie Paint Valley in the Zane Trace Tip Off Classic - Amanda seems to always start their season at the classic the last 4-5 years)...

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Sorry, I thought it might be something to that effect. Being that close to Circleville and even Fairfield Union just seems a little strange to me. No doubt I don't really understand how they place teams the way they do.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

VetteMan wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:39 pm Sorry, I thought it might be something to that effect. Being that close to Circleville and even Fairfield Union just seems a little strange to me. No doubt I don't really understand how they place teams the way they do.
... nothing to be sorry about ... Fort Frye is like right next to Waterford BUT FF is East District and Waterford is SE District ...

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Thanks for the clarification!

BlueRoots
Waterboy

Post by BlueRoots »

Isn’t Eastern Brown 11-4?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

BlueRoots wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:02 pm Isn’t Eastern Brown 11-4?
Yes they are THAT was the mistake with the NA record I gave W to NA and L to EB when I recorded the game results - my mistake... it should be fixed now ... thank you for pointing the error out ...

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:28 pm
pfloyd wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:23 pm
Coach Carpenter has done an outstanding job at Amanda - I believe he is in year #4 or 5? bman can help use with that one though ... I've only see Amanda maybe 1 time per year - as they do play a number of SE district teams (those that are in the MSL for sure but others as well ie Paint Valley in the Zane Trace Tip Off Classic - Amanda seems to always start their season at the classic the last 4-5 years)...
Cody's in his fourth year at Amanda. Three of these kids started as freshmen and they went 1-22 that season. Amanda's game against Logan Elm has been the best game I've seen them put together over his tenure at the helm. Good defense, shared the ball, dominated the glass and used their strengths well. If the kids can keep that focus and continue to play that style, Amanda is going to be a very dangerous team down the stretch and could win a couple of tournament games in a very tough district.

Unbiased
Waterboy

Post by Unbiased »

Great list PFloyd! I am happy to see that the Dragons have finally snuck into the top 8. The OVC overall is looking to represent strongly. My only question is, in the Fairland/Jackson and Coal Grove/ Ironton ties. How do Coal Grove and Fairland not get that spot alone by winning the only head to head matchups?

Nigel Tufnel
Waterboy

Post by Nigel Tufnel »

VetteMan wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:39 pm Sorry, I thought it might be something to that effect. Being that close to Circleville and even Fairfield Union just seems a little strange to me. No doubt I don't really understand how they place teams the way they do.
Sorry not trying to derail pfloyds rankings, but I agree that geographically and demographically Amanda-CLEARCREEK (sorry I get peeved at the Amanda thing) is a SE Ohio school. They are much more like the Pickaway, Fayette, and Ross county schools than Hartley or Marion Pleasant, for example. All Fairfield County schools used to be in the Central District, but years ago Fairfield Union was moved (I think they had moved to Div. 2 at that point and the SE district needed more Div. 2 schools). I know of at least two times in the past that A-C has asked to be moved to the SE district, but the Central District has needed medium-sized schools. They usually play about 1/2 SE district schools in basketball (10 games this year I believe).
It's good to see them having a good year. The Aces have never been consistently good in basketball (I don't believe they have ever won an MSL league title), though have had a good run here and there with 2-3 good classes in a row.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:43 pm
... nothing to be sorry about ... Fort Frye is like right next to Waterford BUT FF is East District and Waterford is SE District ...
Logan is Central District ...

That is all

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

93Bulldog wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:59 am

That is all

Also Chillicothe...

Pa Trojan
JV Team

Post by Pa Trojan »

stop it, I never want to see Pfloyds elite 8 of Central District teams....lol

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Chillicothe is grandfathered in due to being a member of a southeast district league. lol

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

93Bulldog wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:59 am

That is all

Don't hate on us Bulldog :D :D

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

If divisions weren't the reason, the district could use a little realignment.

The furthest north team is Thornville Sheridan
The furthest east is Marietta
The furthest west is either North Adams, Western Brown
The furthest south is South Point

If you draw a line on a map between all 4 - there are a lot of schools inside the diamond that are not in the southeast district.

You could drop Mt. Orab Western Brown, Sardinia Eastern Brown and Seamen North Adams ... And add Fort Frye, Berne Union and Amanda ... But again, it's divisions (number of schools) that dictates map.

SPfan4LIFE
Waterboy

Post by SPfan4LIFE »

South Point should be higher, especially after the way they played Burg. If it wasn't for them playing at Burg, I believe we would've won that game.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

93Bulldog wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:07 am If divisions weren't the reason, the district could use a little realignment.

If you draw a line on a map between all 4 - there are a lot of schools inside the diamond that are not in the southeast district.

You could drop Mt. Orab Western Brown, Sardinia Eastern Brown and Seamen North Adams ... And add Fort Frye, Berne Union and Amanda ... But again, it's divisions (number of schools) that dictates map.
Westerm Brown is more west than North Adams, but they're not in the SE district. Eastern Brown is also more west than North Adams and they do play in the SE District, so I believe Eastern Brown is the "SE District team" that is furthest west.

Guessing the furthest team south probably didn't take much effort :P

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

bbjunky81 wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:16 am
93Bulldog wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:07 am If divisions weren't the reason, the district could use a little realignment.

Westerm Brown is more west than North Adams, but they're not in the SE district. Eastern Brown is also more west than North Adams and they do play in the SE District, so I believe Eastern Brown is the "SE District team" that is furthest west.

Guessing the furthest team south probably didn't take much effort :P
Whiteoak has them by about 5 miles. Lynchburg Clay might be a touch more west than Whiteoak

Return to “Boys Basketball”