Athens at Alexander online stream - 2/2

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Athens at Alexander online stream - 2/2

Post by 93Bulldog »

Tonight's game at The Alley, which was postponed Friday, can be heard live on 970WATH & 97.1FM or streamed online at 970wath.com

HERE IS THE LINK ... https://streamdb3web.securenetsystems.n ... lSign=WATH

Ryan Boyd and Lukas Moore will be on the call from The Alley tonight

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: Athens at Alexander online stream - 2/2

Post by 93Bulldog »

Freshmen game

Alexander 28
Athens 25

Final

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Listening

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Athens JV win fairly easily. Improve to 13-2

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Maxfield hard into the wall
If he cant return, dogs be in tough spot.

Athens 9
Alex 5

Midway 1st

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Athens 32
Alexander 31

4th

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Defense

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Athens 53
Alexander 38

Final

Allthewayup11
Freshman Team

Post by Allthewayup11 »

93Bulldog wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:14 pm Athens 53
Alexander 38

Final
What a game!!! So glad I made it. Total team effort and glad no injuries. Saw Maxfield, Butcher and Williams all take some shots. Defensive battle. Hard to even come up with a player of the game for this one. Could be Hynes, Chubb or Maxfield

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Allthewayup11 wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:04 pm
Alexander 38

Final
What a game!!! So glad I made it. Total team effort and glad no injuries. Saw Maxfield, Butcher and Williams all take some shots. Defensive battle. Hard to even come up with a player of the game for this one. Could be Hynes, Chubb or Maxfield
Any idea who led all scorers? Thought I heard a guy from that Hardwood Heroes show say Chubb was 12 of 12 from the line? Not sure what he finished with. Maxfield maybe 11? Total team effort tonight.

Allthewayup11
Freshman Team

Post by Allthewayup11 »

VisionQuest wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:17 pm
Allthewayup11 wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:04 pm
Alexander 38

Final
Any idea who led all scorers? Thought I heard a guy from that Hardwood Heroes show say Chubb was 12 of 12 from the line? Not sure what he finished with. Maxfield maybe 11? Total team effort tonight.
If I have it right, Chubb 14. Hynes 12, Maxfield 11, Williams 11

spartans_fan
Varsity

Post by spartans_fan »

Williams is player of the game. His ability to break down the defense with the dribble and get to the lane killed Alexander defense. Alexander struggled so much against a AAU zone, just an extended 2-3 that looked more like a 4-1. The best offense we could come up with in the second have was shooting 30 foot jump shots. Really a poor effort offensively from the coaching staff. Athens coaches did what they needed to do to give their team the best chance to win. The players executed really well.

Alexander made some great runs in the first half. Athens was not very good in the first half at the end of periods shooting too early and giving Alexander chances to score. Alexander hit a 22 foot jump shot at the buzzer to go up 22-21 at the half. Alexander never established the post, again a lot of credit to Athen's scheme. In the third Athens had the ball with 30 seconds left and held for the last shot and Hynes hit a huge three giving Athens the lead that I don't think they ever gave up.

Alexander has a chance to make a tournament run, but match up and style of play will be a huge issue going forward.

Go Alex.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

spartans_fan wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:36 pm Williams is player of the game. His ability to break down the defense with the dribble and get to the lane killed Alexander defense. Alexander struggled so much against a AAU zone, just an extended 2-3 that looked more like a 4-1. The best offense we could come up with in the second have was shooting 30 foot jump shots. Really a poor effort offensively from the coaching staff. Athens coaches did what they needed to do to give their team the best chance to win. The players executed really well.

Alexander made some great runs in the first half. Athens was not very good in the first half at the end of periods shooting too early and giving Alexander chances to score. Alexander hit a 22 foot jump shot at the buzzer to go up 22-21 at the half. Alexander never established the post, again a lot of credit to Athen's scheme. In the third Athens had the ball with 30 seconds left and held for the last shot and Hynes hit a huge three giving Athens the lead that I don't think they ever gave up.

Alexander has a chance to make a tournament run, but match up and style of play will be a huge issue going forward.

Go Alex.
Williams would be my player of the game also. Had some great rebounds. Maxfield played good defense after getting hammered by Mecum in what I thought was an intentional foul. Chubb didn’t shoot many shots tonight but was calm cool and collected all night and ran the point when Williams was in foul trouble, 12 of 12 from the foul line with 14 total. Again great team effort tonight. Butcher took a charge that changed momentum. The Hynes 3 was huge ending the 3rd!

Reds Fan
JV Team

Post by Reds Fan »

Congrats to Athens

Allthewayup11
Freshman Team

Post by Allthewayup11 »

spartans_fan wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:36 pm Williams is player of the game. His ability to break down the defense with the dribble and get to the lane killed Alexander defense. Alexander struggled so much against a AAU zone, just an extended 2-3 that looked more like a 4-1. The best offense we could come up with in the second have was shooting 30 foot jump shots. Really a poor effort offensively from the coaching staff. Athens coaches did what they needed to do to give their team the best chance to win. The players executed really well.

Go Alex.
Think the announcers on radio said Maxfield player of Game with his 9 points in the 4th quarter after coming back from injury. Hard to pick one to be honest.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

I don’t take much stock in what “certain” radio announcers say. I will just leave it at that.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Go Alex.
After watching the Spartans play against Oak Hill, and even though they shot the 3 ball very well , I never thought they really tried to go in to the big man very much at all. Was it the Zone that Athens was playing, or did they not even attempt to go inside. That 3 ball is great when its going in, but its not always there every game.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

VetteMan wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:52 pm

Go Alex.
After watching the Spartans play against Oak Hill, and even though they shot the 3 ball very well , I never thought they really tried to go in to the big man very much at all. Was it the Zone that Athens was playing, or did they not even attempt to go inside. That 3 ball is great when its going in, but its not always there every game.
I think Terry may have gotten 6 or 7 touches all night. After half they tried to get it into him more often.
Athens done a great job on Kearns he may have made 2 3s and had a few in and out. Maybe 7 points total tonight. The technicals on a couple of Alex’s players really helped change momentum.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Terry has to get touches, caught some of this game on the streaming! Athens plays like that and we may be crying the blues come tournament time. Their defense looked very good! And on the stream the place looked packed! Like a Warren Athens game in the Warrior Dome.

Allthewayup11
Freshman Team

Post by Allthewayup11 »

If you take away the two non covered three pointers at the end cause Athens couldn’t extend, press or fouls them for the clock, Athens shut down a power house offense in their own house to only 32 points. Pretty amazing feat and testament to that Athens Defense. I think Athens should potentially climb a spot or two in the Logan sectional if the can win the final two TVC games and steal a game from Lancaster and Jackson. Thoughts?

Return to “Boys Basketball”