Post by mattash »

Thoughts?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
bbjunky81
SEO

Re: Convo 3/3 3:45PM Trimble v Peebles

Post by bbjunky81 »

Two young, well coached teams. I think Peebles has the best overall player in Browning, while Trimble has an edge in physicality. Neither have a real threat in the post.

I think Trimble wins but it's definitely a 50/50 game.

Trimble 42
Peebles 39

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Didn't get to see Trimble this year yet. I know there are two good coaches and two young teams. Should be a very good game. I know Peebles has a very deep bench as shown last night when they had to use their bench alot. Peebles guard Hunter White came of age and hit all free throws and two of three shots from the field,pulled down 4 rebounds in his short time in that contest. Peebles is a work in progress and is progressing well. Good luck and stay healthy to both squads.

Truth Serum
Riding the Bench

Post by Truth Serum »

bbjunky81 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:00 am Two young, well coached teams. I think Peebles has the best overall player in Browning, while Trimble has an edge in physicality. Neither have a real threat in the post.

I think Trimble wins but it's definitely a 50/50 game.

Trimble 42
Peebles 39
I agree but I will take Peebles by 3

tomcat82
Freshman Team

Post by tomcat82 »

I'm going to take Trimble by 6 they are to disciplined and Howie will have them prepared and they also could go deep if they had to...

KC Java
Freshman Team

Post by KC Java »

tomcat82 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:30 pm I'm going to take Trimble by 6 they are to disciplined and Howie will have them prepared and they also could go deep if they had to...
Howie getting the Trimble job was akin to him getting the Eastern job several years ago. He had nearly buried himself in Racine when Eastern came a knocking and his career was resurrected. Then he lost his marbles and headed to FH after their talent had ran out. He was on the road to burying himself there when out of the blue he got a call from Trimble. Once again, his career has been resurrected. Wish him well in this one, and if "luck" or good fortune have anything to do with it I wouldn't bet against him.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

This will be a fun game. I believe both coaches will have their squads ready battle at the CONVO. The big air in the convo will be the difference maker. Who adjusts better.good luck to all but, Go Indians!

JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

I’ve seen both play and I think Peebles is the better team. I don’t think Trimble has an answer for Browning. One of the best point guards I’ve seen this year. I think it will be close because no one plays harder or is better prepared than the Tomcats. My prediction is Peebles 54 Trimble 46.

tomcat82
Freshman Team

Post by tomcat82 »

It will be a good game for sure. I always enjoyed watching peebles in tournament action at the convo... Go Tomcats!!

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Should and could be a very good ballgame. Both teams are very well coached, and will be very prepared. Browning, for Peebles is an outstanding Point Guard, don't know that much about Trimble's players. Hope for an injury free game for both teams, and may the best team win.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Howie will not have Trimble any more prepared than Arey

I think Trimble wins though

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Rest assured all of Peebles and half of Adams county will be present at the CONVO tomorrow. The Peebles Regional semi finalist girls squad will be there,the Peebles State champion indoors girls track team will be there,the babies and the kids will be there and If I don't have a heart attack, I will be there front and center. Go SHAC and Go Indians.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Updates in 20 minutes on Scores thread at top of page.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Another great win for the Cats and Howie. One game at a time.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Trimble vs New Boston. Howie will have to come up with a masterful game plan here, New Boston is a solid team but Trimble is more than capable with Howie on sideline here.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Congrats to Trimble on a great game. My Indians came out to nervous tonight but it came down to O T to decide it. Good luck Tomcats. Good job Howie.
My Indians never quit,but sure wish that last 3 would have dropped. Great coaching coach Arey to get things back in order.Good season Indians ,you will all be back for next year so work hard and learn from your mistakes.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Was really impressed with how this young Peebles team never lost compusure,even being down 14..huge credit to Coach Arey and PG Browning for that. Switched to zone which was an excellent decision,also Dawson Mills! WOW!my first time watching him play and I didn't know he was that good!Peebles has great basketball tradition and all these young men will be back next year to add to that tradition! Indians will be one of the top D4 teams in SE District for next few years! Congrats to the Tomcats on advancing..Howie's teams always play hard and are well coached.. I thought Weber was excellent for Trimble today. 2 of the best Coaches in district went at it today. Was a pleasure to watch.
Last edited by beaverlover on Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

beaverlover wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:21 pm Was really impressed with how this young Peebles team never lost compusure,even being down 14..huge credit to Coach Arey and PG Browning for that. Switched to zone which was an excellent decision,also Austin Mills! WOW!my first time watching him play and I didn't know he was that good!Peebles has great basketball tradition and all these young men will be back next year to add to that tradition! Indians will be one of the top D4 teams in SE District for next few years! Congrats to the Tomcats on advancing..Howie's teams always play hard and are well coached.. I thought Weber was excellent for Trimble today. 2 of the best Coaches in district went at it today. Was a pleasure to watch.
Thanks!. I think Coach went for the three to win at the end because several players were in serious foul trouble . Credit Trimble for no foul trouble and many fouls to give . I knew we wouldn't get a good look cause they could guard hard. Congrats Trimble and I think my Indians will be a tough out for the next Two years at least. Coach Arey will have them ready. That's Dawson Mills and two fouls on him first quarter killed us. Also the two quick fouls second half made him unusable for defense. He's a good shot blocker but we got to get some meat on his bones. Weight program definitely in the future.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

I apologize to Dawson..I'll edit. As for the last play,I also think that was as good of a look u could ask for giving the situation with Trimble not being in bonus. Was just very impressed by the way the Indians battled today. Future is definitely bright.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

beaverlover wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:49 pm I apologize to Dawson..I'll edit. As for the last play,I also think that was as good of a look u could ask for giving the situation with Trimble not being in bonus. Was just very impressed by the way the Indians battled today. Future is definitely bright.
We are at 83 boys so we should be D4 for a good while. Good luck to your Eagles next year .I know you guys will handle the move well to SOC2. Coach will have them ready and the fans will have them stoked.

Return to “Boys Basketball”