Fed @ Trimble

Steely Dan
SEOP

Re: Fed @ Trimble

Post by Steely Dan »

Chief Kdogg wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:18 pm Fed will put one on Howie. I know there are people from Fed like Steely Dan and GW who want to see Howie take one on the chin so bad they can hardly stand it. As for Fed, the only challenge they'll get is when they play at Southern. For some reason Southern is beating everyone at their place, but struggling everywhere else. :o
Hey now, hey now! Wait just a minute. I feel like I am being accused and indicted in one stroke of the pen. Howie is a legend that I have the utmost respect for, I don't want him to take one on the chin. I just want to see that penny loafer explode and his big toe throb like someone dropped a brick on it. :D Really, no ill will towards Howie, he's a great coach. This game's gonna be a dandy and worth the price of admission! I think when it is all said and done, the championship of the Hocking will be between these two teams.

Doing someone else's Dirty Work....
coachK
JV Team

Post by coachK »

Trimble will win at home with “help from the refs”

JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

coachK wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:53 pm Trimble will win at home with “help from the refs”
Trimble uses an assigner like most of the TVC. I don’t think you will hear one person blame a ref in this one. Regardless of who wins. That being said. Lancers handle the Tomcats on the road.

footballfan
JV Team

Post by footballfan »

Trimble uses an assigner like most of the TVC. I don’t think you will hear one person blame a ref in this one. Regardless of who wins. That being said. Lancers handle the Tomcats on the road.
[/quote]

Wrong. Trimble does not use an assigner. The TVC Ohio uses the same assigner but the Hocking does their own thing. I have heard that the hocking may join the Ohio and use the same assigner in the Future.

JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

footballfan wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:39 pm Trimble uses an assigner like most of the TVC. I don’t think you will hear one person blame a ref in this one. Regardless of who wins. That being said. Lancers handle the Tomcats on the road.
Wrong. Trimble does not use an assigner. The TVC Ohio uses the same assigner but the Hocking does their own thing. I have heard that the hocking may join the Ohio and use the same assigner in the Future.
[/quote]

I know for a fact Fed Hock uses an assigner. I thought everyone outside of Meigs county did.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Pfloyd is looking forward to seeing this one Friday night ! should be an outstanding game - 2 excellent TEAMS ! Federal Hocking looking to prove with a W they deserve to be talked about among the top teams in SEO while the Tomcats of Coach Howie Caldwell ARE the program in the Hocking Division of the TVC that ALL others are compared to ... I always try to see Trimble during the holiday break - this season I will see Howie's Tomcats Friday night AND get a bonus "eye test" when Trimble travels to Chesapeake Jan 11th to take on the Peebles Indians ... more twizzlers, water and hot dogs ! best of luck to both Fed Hock and Trimble , Friday night's game will be a " barn burner" !

footballfan
JV Team

Post by footballfan »

JC2124 wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:54 pm
footballfan wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:39 pm Trimble uses an assigner like most of the TVC. I don’t think you will hear one person blame a ref in this one. Regardless of who wins. That being said. Lancers handle the Tomcats on the road.
I know for a fact Fed Hock uses an assigner. I thought everyone outside of Meigs county did.
[/quote]

Belpre and Eastern uses an assigner also but Trimble, Miller, Southern, does not. Im not sure about waterford and South Gallia. In the Ohio everyone is now using an assigner.

JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

I think it should be a league requirement. Take that element out of the game. Use the same assigner, just my opinion of course

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:33 pm Trimble 57
Fed Hock 47
Final
Trimble 59
Fed Hock 52

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

I made the trip to Glouster to watch this one and was not disappointed. Trimble is a veteran team that knows how to win. Fed is still in the process of learning how to win. Trimble was consistently able to beat the press, number 3 for Trimble must have been tired from running the length of the floor about 30 times getting wide open lay ups. Also thought number 22 for Trimble was a beast. Federal had some very talented kids number 4 was a nice player along with number 34. Overall I just think that Trimble was better prepared and that comes down to coaching.

Stop making excuses and start making things happen!
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Bulldog84 wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:27 pm I made the trip to Glouster to watch this one and was not disappointed. Trimble is a veteran team that knows how to win. Fed is still in the process of learning how to win. Trimble was consistently able to beat the press, number 3 for Trimble must have been tired from running the length of the floor about 30 times getting wide open lay ups. Also thought number 22 for Trimble was a beast. Federal had some very talented kids number 4 was a nice player along with number 34. Overall I just think that Trimble was better prepared and that comes down to coaching.
Who was #3 for Trimble?

The Warrior
Riding the Bench

Post by The Warrior »

JC2124 wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:51 pm
dagger19 wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:05 am
JC2124 wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:46 pm I didn’t take it as you wanting us to lose. Hell its fine if you do lol. I have watched both teams. Trimble lost a starter from last years team and they lack depth. FH will press and run the wheels off of opposing teams. The X factor is Howie and playing on their court. I think it’s gonna be a good game. I will post updates on ScoreStream and here.

We are all enjoying the success and the coaching staff has them headed in the right direction. I don’t think we have played our best ball yet. We also have another kid coming back too. He has been out with mono since the beginning of the season. 6’4 kid that can really jump.

That’s good I believe Trimble plays better at a fast paced game. Also height helps but basketball position is 90% of the battle
If basketball was 90% position then why isn’t there a bunch of 6’1 kids playing post in college. It’s a valid point but it’s not 90%. As long as this game doesn’t turn into a weight lifting competition I like the Lancers chances. I really hope Trimble wants to try to run with the Lancers. That’s right in our wheelhouse. Howie is smart and I expect he tries to slow it down.
Well this game was just as I expected! Trimble made the Fed press look like a slice of Swiss cheese. And you were right when you said Howie is smart but, he will not slow things down for no one. He knew Fed couldn’t handle the speed and pace that Trimble plays at. And there weren’t any weights on the floor but you could certainly tell that Trimble has used them far more times than Fed can count.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:30 pm
Bulldog84 wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:27 pm I made the trip to Glouster to watch this one and was not disappointed. Trimble is a veteran team that knows how to win. Fed is still in the process of learning how to win. Trimble was consistently able to beat the press, number 3 for Trimble must have been tired from running the length of the floor about 30 times getting wide open lay ups. Also thought number 22 for Trimble was a beast. Federal had some very talented kids number 4 was a nice player along with number 34. Overall I just think that Trimble was better prepared and that comes down to coaching.
Who was #3 for Trimble?
Weber. He had 17 points. Idk why Fed Hock tried to run with Trimble. Fed Hock is a very good team but they are better at slowing it down and using their size advantage

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

Raider6309 wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:40 pm
Who was #3 for Trimble?
Weber. He had 17 points. Idk why Fed Hock tried to run with Trimble. Fed Hock is a very good team but they are better at slowing it down and using their size advantage
I think the issue is Trimble doesn’t really allow you to slow it down. Also I thought it was odd that Fed had about 14 kids out for football and it looked like between the jv team and varsity team they had about 30 kids.

Stop making excuses and start making things happen!
JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

Fed can run just fine with Trimble. Trimble did slow it down. Fed just didn’t hit their shots and Trimble did. Officials did fine, they let them play. Slow start and fed never recovered. We had a two week lay off and it showed. We will see you in Stewart!

JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

The Warrior wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:38 pm
JC2124 wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:51 pm
dagger19 wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:05 am

That’s good I believe Trimble plays better at a fast paced game. Also height helps but basketball position is 90% of the battle
If basketball was 90% position then why isn’t there a bunch of 6’1 kids playing post in college. It’s a valid point but it’s not 90%. As long as this game doesn’t turn into a weight lifting competition I like the Lancers chances. I really hope Trimble wants to try to run with the Lancers. That’s right in our wheelhouse. Howie is smart and I expect he tries to slow it down.
Well this game was just as I expected! Trimble made the Fed press look like a slice of Swiss cheese. And you were right when you said Howie is smart but, he will not slow things down for no one. He knew Fed couldn’t handle the speed and pace that Trimble plays at. And there weren’t any weights on the floor but you could certainly tell that Trimble has used them far more times than Fed can count.
Yeah you can tell Trimble hits the weights. They are physical. Hats off to them.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Raider6309 wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:40 pm
Who was #3 for Trimble?
Breydon the senior or Tyler the sophomore?

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

The senior

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Raider6309 wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:56 pmThe senior
Yeah....funny. I coach XC and my son runs also. I was at the Wellston Invitational this year and there were 15 schools there and 112 varsity boy runners.

Brayden Weber (a.k.a. #3)....he won the entire race. He ain’t getting tired running up and down the court 30x, he relishes it, and then could play another game or 3.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

This is going to be a two part post, and I am going to make the first part short. GW and I did show up and enjoy the game. We won't let one person with a sanctimonious attitude prevent us from showing up and supporting the kids. Thanks JC2124 and thanks O&B for sticking up for us when we got trolled on another thread. That troll can live in their Castle of Misery and not come to another Fed Hock game as far as I am concerned. The folks at Trimble, thanks for being great hosts.

The game. It was as advertised. Lancers are long, lean, athletic, and can run. They did not shoot well, or handle the ball particularly well tonight from a guard standpoint. At this point, your guards need to be using both hands and be fully ambidextrous. I'll leave that at that. They are young and learning. Coach Thompson has done a great job with these kids. A little more experience, some better guard play, and being disciplined in running your offense through to get the BEST shot will pay dividends. Trimble, well coached as alway, your experience showed. #22 is a player, hard to believe he's just a sophomore. It was a great game, packed house, so glad I went.

Congrats to the Tomcats on the win, and Lancers, get ready for the next game, because now things really get going!

Doing someone else's Dirty Work....

Return to “Boys Basketball”