Ironton @ Wheelersburg 1/11

Paulcrew
JV Team

Re: Ironton @ Wheelersburg 1/11

Post by Paulcrew »

Swanker Pine wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:25 am
VetteMan wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:57 am A little surprised at the lack of comments about this game. I know everyone was not at the Beasts of the Southeast. Was it just a back and forth game, a great defensive game or what ? It's very rare that any team can hold the Burg to 47 pts, especially on there home floor.

Ironton and Burg aren’t powerhouses this year maybe why.

Other than that’s its a Saturday night, you know everyone is at Fred’s and Sakuras
Honestly I laughed out loud at the Fred’s and Sakura comment

Burg Bias
Riding the Bench

Post by Burg Bias »

VetteMan wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:57 am A little surprised at the lack of comments about this game. I know everyone was not at the Beasts of the Southeast. Was it just a back and forth game, a great defensive game or what ? It's very rare that any team can hold the Burg to 47 pts, especially on there home floor.
I’ll comment on it.
Burg gives up WAY too many lay ups.
Ironton was too physical for Wheelersburg.
The Tigers played some stifling defense all game.
Both teams, actually every team I’ve seen this year, need to stop complaining to the refs after every call.
Wheelersburg misses too many shots in the paint.
Ironton has a very well balanced offense. They are all a threat to score and that’s tough to defend.
*The refs need to call a foul when players push the man setting a pick five feet into the ball handler making a cut. The pick and roll is one of the most basic plays in basketball but if this defensive tactic is allowed then I’m not sure where the game is headed. I’ve seen this happening more and more this year.
Aaron Jolly played a nice game for Wheelersburg.
As always Go Burg

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

Burg Bias wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:56 am
I’ll comment on it.
Both teams, actually every team I’ve seen this year, need to stop complaining to the refs after every call.
Ironton has a very well balanced offense. They are all a threat to score and that’s tough to defend.
*The refs need to call a foul when players push the man setting a pick five feet into the ball handler making a cut. The pick and roll is one of the most basic plays in basketball but if this defensive tactic is allowed then I’m not sure where the game is headed. I’ve seen this happening more and more this year.
As always Go Burg
Totally on point BB. Physical game, and those three refs will let you play. You’ve gotta understand that going in, and SHUT YOUR MOUTH and just play.
Defensively, no midline principles, and burg tries to extend and that’s a bad combination.
Offensively, no team game to speak of. How many times was 21 open in the post and we don’t throw it in? Too much 1 on 1 and settling for quick shots. JMO

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Jack Sparrow wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:06 am
I’ll comment on it.
As always Go Burg
Totally on point BB. Physical game, and those three refs will let you play. You’ve gotta understand that going in, and SHUT YOUR MOUTH and just play.
Defensively, no midline principles, and burg tries to extend and that’s a bad combination.
Offensively, no team game to speak of. How many times was 21 open in the post and we don’t throw it in? Too much 1 on 1 and settling for quick shots. JMO
Both BB and JS are on point with their assessments.

mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

Wasn't at the game but agree 100% about the jawing that goes on with all teams. Years ago you raised your hand and walked away when you fouled. Now the players throw out arms like there checking to see if it's raining, running mouth and crying like a 2 year old. It's not players fault for acting out it's the Refs and Coaches who have let it get to this point. Let the Coach argue with refs...Coaches should tell players walk away after you foul. I'll do the arguing. You can't tell me that these refs who have to deal with this aren't quicker to blow whistle on the mouths. Here's the deal. If refs start Teeing up these players then the fans start crying that the ref wants attention!!! Softness of todays society..It's all bout the kiddo's!!!! I'm not just talking about players jawing after a foul. It goes on through out the games. It usually starts when a supposed star is getting Schooled and not getting his 20 plus points and wants to start punking the game up running his mouth or pushing and shoving.....

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I have watched 11 Jackson games, Miami Trace 2x and each of these teams 1x

Wheelersburg
Unioto
Chillicothe
Hillsboro
Minford
Washington CH
McClain
North Adams
Meigs

While I don’t recall any player raising their hand on a foul and can’t say I’ve seen a single player jawing during the game.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Paulcrew wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:29 am

Other than that’s its a Saturday night, you know everyone is at Fred’s and Sakuras
Still patiently waiting for Burg to develop into a metropolis with the new highway, as was promised 🥺

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

Ironman 92 if you haven't seen any kids jawing during games you must be watching the refs..Unbelievable.. I didn't say throw up their hand I said throw out their hands....like who me...lol I didn't do anything.... And yes they jaw and stare down if they do something they think was outstanding. Same poop they see on TV......

mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

Most Every Team has a talker or a taunter...Every once in a while a ref will do right thing step in stop game get the 2 players and tell them to knock it off!!!! Most time it's not dealt with. Sometimes Coach see's what's going on and subs.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Swanker Pine wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:38 pm

Still patiently waiting for Burg to develop into a metropolis with the new highway, as was promised 🥺
You and me both. Lol

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:06 pm

You and me both. Lol
Heard tale of all these new truck stops, restaurants, Walmart moving down past Jason Conleys, etc etc. at this point I’d settle for a Roosters

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Swanker Pine wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:11 pm

You and me both. Lol
Heard tale of all these new truck stops, restaurants, Walmart moving down past Jason Conleys, etc etc. at this point I’d settle for a Roosters
Chic fil A would be pretty awesome

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

mrwonderful wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:56 pm Ironman 92 if you haven't seen any kids jawing during games you must be watching the refs..Unbelievable.. I didn't say throw up their hand I said throw out their hands....like who me...lol I didn't do anything.... And yes they jaw and stare down if they do something they think was outstanding. Same poop they see on TV......
I watch the game and things about it pretty well thanks. I can’t think of a single varsity player I’ve watched this year jawing in the game. I’ve seen players upset about what happened when going to bench. I’ve seen ridiculously physical non basketball stuff that should’ve been technicals not get called or wasn’t seen. I’ve watched some players that were a bit dirty and players I haven’t cared for, but I have not seen the jawing you are speaking of. I didn’t say no one was doing what you are saying....I’m saying I haven’t seen it.

I have seen some examples of what you are saying in JV games.

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

You and me both. Lol
Soon, very soon, grasshopper

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Jack Sparrow wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:31 pm

You and me both. Lol
Soon, very soon, grasshopper
Ok Bryan Davis 🙄

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Got to watch some of this game. FighTing Tigers looked great.
OVC is a good conference!
Last edited by Tjhtygeverve on Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I’ll comment on it.
As always Go Burg
Thank you, from the Stats provided by ohbuckeye2, the Burg only shooting 6 foul shots the whole game, I'm not sure if they were just relying on the outside shot, or just not driving and getting inside to the basket. It also very well could have been that both teams were just playing some very good defense, even though the Tigers shooting 20 foul shots did show quite a disparity at least in the amount of free throws attempted. Then again, Ironton may have been trying to score a lot inside, and therefore were getting to the free throw line.

Paulcrew
JV Team

Post by Paulcrew »

:D
VetteMan wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:08 pm
I’ll comment on it.
As always Go Burg
Thank you, from the Stats provided by ohbuckeye2, the Burg only shooting 6 foul shots the whole game, I'm not sure if they were just relying on the outside shot, or just not driving and getting inside to the basket. It also very well could have been that both teams were just playing some very good defense, even though the Tigers shooting 20 foul shots did show quite a disparity at least in the amount of free throws attempted. Then again, Ironton may have been trying to score a lot inside, and therefore were getting to the free throw line.
Ironton shot a lot of FT’s late as Burg trailed most of the 4th quarter
but yes, Ironton much more physical
that Burg

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Paulcrew wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:14 pm :D
VetteMan wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:08 pm
I’ll comment on it.
As always Go Burg
Ironton shot a lot of FT’s late as Burg trailed most of the 4th quarter
but yes, Ironton much more physical
that Burg
Thank you, that does explain the difference in free throws.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

I heard they are starting the outer belt for Burg in two years. Better get your property now.

Return to “Boys Basketball”