2020 SVC POY

Spartan12
Freshman Team

Re: 2020 SVC POY

Post by Spartan12 »

mlittle wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:45 pm
WhiskeyTwoFive wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:35 pm Little I think you did a great job with your bias. I will definitely agree that nobody thought UHS would be battling for the SVC but I disagree that nobody thought Issac would be in the running for POY...just my opinion.

I obviously failed with Chandler but I havent seen him in person so that's my fault.

I cant agree that ZT has the best team from top to bottom. Sure I'll say that Evans, Nesser and Swain are 3 of the best in our league at their respective positions..but I think your team is better overall.

ZT hasnt played more than 6 guys in most games I have seen. Brice Johnson has played his role well. But after that?
They have talent. People talk about how deep we are. It’s more about trust and allowing our kids to evolve. Saturday’s game vs Adena our starters watched our second string play 4 minutes into the 4th with a 2 point lead. We had 1 starter in at that point. That takes a set from the coaching staff. Our second string stretched the lead to 9 in that span. They have developed that confidence throughout the season with playing time. So instead of beating everyone by 30 playing 6 we play 9-10 players in our rotation and hopefully those kids have gained some confidence that we can use down the stretch. Then again maybe not 🤷‍♂️

I’ll just say what everyone else is afraid to say. Unioto is deep with all of the other SVC players.

Little-piketon
Wheeler- SE
Debord-ZT
Debord-ZT. (Twins)
Lambert - ZT
Lambert- ZT (Twins)
Greenwalt - ZT

Are these Unioto top 7-8 players? Who are the real Unioto players and not transfers? These kids do not live in Unioto district. Why doesn’t anyone mention this?

No need to get upset. Just stating the facts.

Oh, I don’t think it’s a question on who the POY is. Unless someone’s father disagrees.

svc_guy
Freshman Team

Post by svc_guy »

Cam is POY IMO. He deserves it and his stats back it up. The league does not have a lot of elite talent as it has in the past but there are a lot of really tough players that are similar so its made for a fun year of games that are unpredictable. I think once you get beyond the first 3-4 there is a drop but again its been fun. I will take a run at it...

1st team
Cam Evans - POY
Bennett
Little
Chandler
Nesser

Second team
Newland, Beeler, Wyman, Swain, Grubb

Third Team
Blackburn, Debord, Wheeler, Lambert, Davidson

Good luck to all the teams in the tournament.

Big Daddy 7371
Varsity

Post by Big Daddy 7371 »

Spartan12 wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:48 pm
WhiskeyTwoFive wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:35 pm Little I think you did a great job with your bias. I will definitely agree that nobody thought UHS would be battling for the SVC but I disagree that nobody thought Issac would be in the running for POY...just my opinion.

I obviously failed with Chandler but I havent seen him in person so that's my fault.

I cant agree that ZT has the best team from top to bottom. Sure I'll say that Evans, Nesser and Swain are 3 of the best in our league at their respective positions..but I think your team is better overall.

ZT hasnt played more than 6 guys in most games I have seen. Brice Johnson has played his role well. But after that?
They have talent. People talk about how deep we are. It’s more about trust and allowing our kids to evolve. Saturday’s game vs Adena our starters watched our second string play 4 minutes into the 4th with a 2 point lead. We had 1 starter in at that point. That takes a set from the coaching staff. Our second string stretched the lead to 9 in that span. They have developed that confidence throughout the season with playing time. So instead of beating everyone by 30 playing 6 we play 9-10 players in our rotation and hopefully those kids have gained some confidence that we can use down the stretch. Then again maybe not 🤷‍♂️

I’ll just say what everyone else is afraid to say. Unioto is deep with all of the other SVC players.

Little-piketon
Wheeler- SE
Debord-ZT
Debord-ZT. (Twins)
Lambert - ZT
Lambert- ZT (Twins)
Greenwalt - ZT

Are these Unioto top 7-8 players? Who are the real Unioto players and not transfers? These kids do not live in Unioto district. Why doesn’t anyone mention this?

Oh, I don’t think it’s a question on who the POY is. Unless someone’s father disagrees.
Little lives in district
Wheeler lives in district
Lamberts live in district
Debords transfered in 7th grade
and the same for Greenwalt

if I'm not mistaken wasn't Nick Nesser there also then Kellough got him to come back

Prove_It
Waterboy

Post by Prove_It »

Big Daddy 7371 wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:43 am

Little-piketon
Wheeler- SE
Debord-ZT
Debord-ZT. (Twins)
Lambert - ZT
Lambert- ZT (Twins)
Greenwalt - ZT

Little lives in district
Wheeler lives in district
Lamberts live in district
Debords transfered in 7th grade
and the same for Greenwalt

if I'm not mistaken wasn't Nick Nesser there also then Kellough got him to come back
Greenwalt and the DeBord boys have been at Unioto since the end of the 6th grade

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Little-piketon
Wheeler- SE
Debord-ZT
Debord-ZT. (Twins)
Lambert - ZT
Lambert- ZT (Twins)
Greenwalt - ZT

We live in the district

Also, I’m not saying Little is better than Evans. If Evans wins poy out right I won’t be upset or surprised. Cam is awesome and very deserving. Im making a case for the sake of conversation and based off my original post I’m not wrong.
Last edited by mlittle on Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

svc_guy wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:21 am Cam is POY IMO. He deserves it and his stats back it up. The league does not have a lot of elite talent as it has in the past but there are a lot of really tough players that are similar so its made for a fun year of games that are unpredictable. I think once you get beyond the first 3-4 there is a drop but again its been fun. I will take a run at it...

1st team
Cam Evans - POY
Bennett
Little
Chandler
Nesser

Second team
Newland, Beeler, Wyman, Swain, Grubb

Third Team
Blackburn, Debord, Wheeler, Lambert, Davidson

Good luck to all the teams in the tournament.
Solid.

I doubt we get 3 on third team. But I’d put Keiser in over grubb at Second team.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Little-piketon
Wheeler- SE
Debord-ZT
Debord-ZT. (Twins)
Lambert - ZT
Lambert- ZT (Twins)
Greenwalt - ZT

Swain and Evans are both transfers as well if we’re getting technical. But it really doesn’t matter. If Little was still at piketon we’d have beat you there too.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Evans came to Zane Trace when he was young like 4th grade. Swain was a sophomore. Davidson has always went there.
Last edited by Bozo on Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

Little-piketon
Wheeler- SE
Debord-ZT
Debord-ZT. (Twins)
Lambert - ZT
Lambert- ZT (Twins)
Greenwalt - ZT

Evans - Unioto (if you’re going back to 6th graders moving, I can too)
Nesser - Unioto (if you want to be technical)
Swain - Waverly
Davidson - lives in the Adena district

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Oh goodness, this whole thing is going to get out of hand

bucknuts09
Freshman Team

Post by bucknuts09 »

Going to be even crazier come next year as far as transferring goes from what I have heard ! :?: I don’t really care about the whole transfer thing because a lot of the schools in the final four are usually hand picked teams, not very often do we see a southern Ohio team make it there.....

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

danicalifornia wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:07 am Oh goodness, this whole thing is going to get out of hand
LOL just the way we like it

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Bozo wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:56 am Evans came to Zane Trace when he was young like 4th grade. Swain was a sophomore. Davidson has always went there.
I know this. I’m just being silly.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

No amount of belly aching will stop kids from moving.

Seopnation
Freshman Team

Post by Seopnation »

seen a fair amount of svc teams this year. it also pays to have svcsportszone compile all of the stats which should help with some of the Team discussions. Trying to get back on track with the topic here-

1st Team:
Evans
Nesser
Little
Bennett
Chandler

2nd Team:
Swain
Lambert
Newland
Beeler
Wyman

3rd Team:
Fuller
Grubb
Sykes
Blackburn
Gillum

A lot of my opinion is also based on where the teams finish in the league. I find it hard to believe that someone can be first team all league if their team finishes in the bottom couple of the league.
ZT gets 3 (2 1st and a 2nd)
Unioto gets 2 (1 1st and a 2nd)
Adena gets 2 (1 1st and a 3rd)
Piketon gets 2 (1 1st and a 3rd)
Westfall gets 2 (1 2nd and a 3rd)
PV gets 2 (1 2nd and a 3rd)
SE gets 1( 3rd)
Huntington gets 1 (2nd)

As for POY and COY, these are always fun to debate because there's two sides to it: 1) Whos the best player on the best team? (Could go to Evans or Little with that) or 2) whos the most valuable to their team? (With that could go with a Chandler or a Bennett cause if you take them off their teams there is a major drop). COY would have the same criterias: I would say Hoops has done the best based on preseason assumptions of that team. I would also put guys like Miller and Meister in that category based on last years teams, what they had coming back, and how they finish(ed).

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Seopnation wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:35 am seen a fair amount of svc teams this year. it also pays to have svcsportszone compile all of the stats which should help with some of the Team discussions. Trying to get back on track with the topic here-

1st Team:
Evans
Nesser
Little
Bennett
Chandler

2nd Team:
Swain
Lambert
Newland
Beeler
Wyman

3rd Team:
Fuller
Grubb
Sykes
Blackburn
Gillum

A lot of my opinion is also based on where the teams finish in the league. I find it hard to believe that someone can be first team all league if their team finishes in the bottom couple of the league.
ZT gets 3 (2 1st and a 2nd)
Unioto gets 2 (1 1st and a 2nd)
Adena gets 2 (1 1st and a 3rd)
Piketon gets 2 (1 1st and a 3rd)
Westfall gets 2 (1 2nd and a 3rd)
PV gets 2 (1 2nd and a 3rd)
SE gets 1( 3rd)
Huntington gets 1 (2nd)

As for POY and COY, these are always fun to debate because there's two sides to it: 1) Whos the best player on the best team? (Could go to Evans or Little with that) or 2) whos the most valuable to their team? (With that could go with a Chandler or a Bennett cause if you take them off their teams there is a major drop). COY would have the same criterias: I would say Hoops has done the best based on preseason assumptions of that team. I would also put guys like Miller and Meister in that category based on last years teams, what they had coming back, and how they finish(ed).
This is probably the closest to what we will actually see as far as the all league teams. I would have to put Keiser or Wheeler in there somewhere. Good job on this!

Seopnation
Freshman Team

Post by Seopnation »

There are a lot of kids that are deserving that probably won't make the list. I could definitely see a Keiser or Wheeler on there, as well as guys like Davidson, Harris, McKee, Lemaster, Gullion, and Debord to name a few. No real "superstar" in the SVC this year but A LOT of really talented players

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

Evans POY.
I like to think the addition of Wheeler helped put Unioto in the position they are currently in, tied for first. I think people underestimate his presence. adding a 6'4" shot blocker that averaged 10pts. and 9 bds. last season really elevated this team this season. along with the progression of Little becoming a top 3 player in the league. Best of luck the rest of the way

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

KRS wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:01 am Evans POY.
I like to think the addition of Wheeler helped put Unioto in the position they are currently in, tied for first. I think people underestimate his presence. adding a 6'4" shot blocker that averaged 10pts. and 9 bds. last season really elevated this team this season. along with the progression of Little becoming a top 3 player in the league. Best of luck the rest of the way
Wheeler has been a big help for us this year. Definitely wouldn’t be where we are without him no question.

WhiskeyTwoFive
Riding the Bench

Post by WhiskeyTwoFive »

:!: Can we stop with the transfer BS?
This post wasnt made to argue, or to discuss where kids lived when they were in middle school, or whos panties are more in a bunch...

These are kids...or young adults. It gets old seeing people on social media bashing a kid...or trying to fight a kids parents in the stands. WHY?!

These are kids. Let them play the game. Enjoy it. I dont see any of these kids making a living playing basketball. High School basketball is amazing, but its not that serious. Its a great time in these kids lives. They or their parents made a decision to move/transfer bc they thought it was a better opportunity or there was possible an issue with their former coach or school. SO WHAT?

Im proud of every SVC athlete I watch, as long as they represent our conference and schools in a good manner. They are all one of us.

I used to scream things at maybe, possibly, one of the coaches on this thread that would make my mother blush lol but I like him and I respect what he does for these kids.

Return to “Boys Basketball”