Vinton County 51 Jackson 82 a final ...

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Vinton County 51 Jackson 82 a final ...

Post by Ironman92 »

Dundas wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:12 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:40 pm
Dundas wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:29 pm

Here I am complimenting your team and your teams best player and you take a shot. This is why no one likes Jackson. Can’t even give you a complement. 🙄
He’s not one of us....if he is he only posts to get after Wellston/VC

“No one” likes Jackson

Please don’t lump one person into an entire fan base community. It seems very few in VC like Jackson. Jackson people all over the Convo for years cheering on VC. Our program thinks the world of Coach Combs and his program and it’s great to finally be successful. I hope VC wins the TVC and finds a way to the Convo again (without beating us)...I wonder a bit how many VC fans feel the same towards Jackson? Might be a bigger number than I’m thinking but it doesn’t seem to be a big number.
If you read my compliment, I stated Jackson should be the 1 seed and wished them well the rest of the way. I love the Jackson/VC rivalry. It’s great for both programs. Jackson and Vinton Counties are more connected than most other counties. They have the same papers, the radio has a blanket over both counties. It’s more like one big county with two separate names. I’ve been to plenty of Jackson playoff games pulling for Red. We (VC) aren’t jealous or wish you ill will. But there are (more than I can count) instances of arrogance and pure disrespect from certain Jackson folks. So when I read it on here, yes, you’re going to get a response. Anywho, I hope Jackson wins the district. I believe they are the best team and they have a player that opposing teams are going to struggle to contain. Easily the best player I’ve seen this season. Good luck. VC is rooting for you.
Where did I say anything about jealous? You picked a poster with Wellston in his name who rarely posts and most of those are weird trolling of Wellston/VC and went with it.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Ironman92 wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:40 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:40 pm

He’s not one of us....if he is he only posts to get after Wellston/VC

“No one” likes Jackson

Please don’t lump one person into an entire fan base community. It seems very few in VC like Jackson. Jackson people all over the Convo for years cheering on VC. Our program thinks the world of Coach Combs and his program and it’s great to finally be successful. I hope VC wins the TVC and finds a way to the Convo again (without beating us)...I wonder a bit how many VC fans feel the same towards Jackson? Might be a bigger number than I’m thinking but it doesn’t seem to be a big number.
If you read my compliment, I stated Jackson should be the 1 seed and wished them well the rest of the way. I love the Jackson/VC rivalry. It’s great for both programs. Jackson and Vinton Counties are more connected than most other counties. They have the same papers, the radio has a blanket over both counties. It’s more like one big county with two separate names. I’ve been to plenty of Jackson playoff games pulling for Red. We (VC) aren’t jealous or wish you ill will. But there are (more than I can count) instances of arrogance and pure disrespect from certain Jackson folks. So when I read it on here, yes, you’re going to get a response. Anywho, I hope Jackson wins the district. I believe they are the best team and they have a player that opposing teams are going to struggle to contain. Easily the best player I’ve seen this season. Good luck. VC is rooting for you.
Where did I say anything about jealous? You picked a poster with Wellston in his name who rarely posts and most of those are weird trolling of Wellston/VC and went with it.
Technically, he picked me. I would’ve loved to have met you Tuesday night btw. Maybe we can meet up at the convo this year. I’m sure Jackson will be there for at least a few weeks. Poo bear is paying my parking fee at the convo this year.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Dundas wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:52 pm

Technically, he picked me. I would’ve loved to have met you Tuesday night btw. Maybe we can meet up at the convo this year. I’m sure Jackson will be there for at least a few weeks. Poo bear is paying my parking fee at the convo this year.
I’d advise bringing an extra $5 with you to the Convo

Just let me know the next Jackson game you are at and we can meet up.

Poo Bear going to pay my parking 😂

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Ironman92 wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:19 pm

🤣🤣

Poo bear is good on his word!

The next Jackson game I will be at will be held at the convo. Save me a seat! I’ll buy you a pretzel.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Dundas wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:24 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:19 pm

🤣🤣

Poo bear is good on his word!

The next Jackson game I will be at will be held at the convo. Save me a seat! I’ll buy you a pretzel.
I like pretzels

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

You two...get a room. ;)

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Jackson Ironmen - Sectional, District, and Regional Champions

Wellston Ironman
Freshman Team

Post by Wellston Ironman »

We love those back handed "compliments." And I know of no one who doesn't like Jackson, except people from Wellston and VC. Part of that is envy, and part is because you can't beat us. So, it's understandable. But people from Athens, Logan, Warren, Gallia etc... they like us and love playing us. I don't even think they complain about the $2 parking. :mrgreen:

The BEST thing about people from Wellston is that they have JACKSON on their license plates!
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

hawkeyepierce wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:31 am You two...get a room. ;)
Jealous 😁

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Wellston Ironman wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:24 am We love those back handed "compliments." And I know of no one who doesn't like Jackson, except people from Wellston and VC. Part of that is envy, and part is because you can't beat us. So, it's understandable. But people from Athens, Logan, Warren, Gallia etc... they like us and love playing us. I don't even think they complain about the $2 parking. :mrgreen:
It’s $3

Wellston Ironman
Freshman Team

Post by Wellston Ironman »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:55 am
Wellston Ironman wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:24 am We love those back handed "compliments." And I know of no one who doesn't like Jackson, except people from Wellston and VC. Part of that is envy, and part is because you can't beat us. So, it's understandable. But people from Athens, Logan, Warren, Gallia etc... they like us and love playing us. I don't even think they complain about the $2 parking. :mrgreen:
It’s $3
Yes, but those guys from VC still comment about the "$2" parking fee so I didn't want to set them off by saying it's $3. :mrgreen:

The BEST thing about people from Wellston is that they have JACKSON on their license plates!
hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Paying any amount for high school parking outside of the tournament is pretentious. But again, Jackson has to raise funds to pay for their flag pole at Alumni Stadium.

;) :lol:

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: The best thing about people in Jackson is they stay in Jackson

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

hawkeyepierce wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:24 am Paying any amount for high school parking outside of the tournament is pretentious. But again, Jackson has to raise funds to pay for their flag pole at Alumni Stadium.

Yeah, the moms and dads standing out in the rain or 25 degree temps handling money doesn’t seem too pretentious but they do it so their kids’ programs can receive 1/2 of the money.

Using 5 syllable words when posting on a southeastern Ohio high school sports forum does seem a bit pretentious. Intelligence is cool but making good ol country boys use the thesaurus is not. 😁

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Now gentlemen settle down , this should be a civil discussion, just like Congress 😂

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:55 am
hawkeyepierce wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:24 am Paying any amount for high school parking outside of the tournament is pretentious. But again, Jackson has to raise funds to pay for their flag pole at Alumni Stadium.

Yeah, the moms and dads standing out in the rain or 25 degree temps handling money doesn’t seem too pretentious but they do it so their kids’ programs can receive 1/2 of the money.

Using 5 syllable words when posting on a southeastern Ohio high school sports forum does seem a bit pretentious. Intelligence is cool but making good ol country boys use the thesaurus is not. 😁
I have always been inebriated by the exuberance of my own verbosity.

But, I'm just a kid from Vintin County. So, I can also get all Appalachian on ya. What'cha ya'll doin' takin their hard earned money doesn't seem right and I'm fixin' to say so. :lol:

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:55 am

Me: Still looking for the 5 syllable word in Hawkeyes post.

Also Me: Every other year in Week 1 (up till 2019 that is) waiting 20 minutes to drive up the hill while the non-pretentious attendant (emphasis on singular tense there) collect his/her obligatory toll because it was too hard to figure out how to be faster about that process. Hint 5-syllable word included ;)

Return to “Boys Basketball”