PARENTS GETTING EJECTED

Crab's Brother
SEO

Re: PARENTS GETTING EJECTED

Post by Crab's Brother »

clevelandbrowns#1 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:54 am I know that many of you get on here and make up little funny things about ejections and all in good humor. Realize that some on here are telling the truth about getting ejected. Please ask yourself how does this make my son/daughter feel when this happens? The answer that many of you will get is, embarrassed or your son/daughter not wanting you to come. I had a player on a SHAC team whose dad got thrown out of a game I was involved in years ago for inappropriate language. The young man came up to me and said, "that was my dad and he gets kicked out of many ballgames". I found that to be a very embarrassing and experience that that young man would take with him forever. You could tell it really bothered him. I said to him,"I'm sorry but you keep playing hard and try not to think about it." The young man came back up to me toward the end of the game, during free throws being shot and shook my hand and said, "I'm sorry that my dad acts that way". Again, some of you who regularly go to games and act like this should ask yourself, "how does this make my son/daughter look and or feel? You might just get an answer that you don't really want to hear.
Great post!

I had a young man come up to me at a game at Gallia last year (not from Gallia) and asked me if I would throw his grandma out because she was embarrassing him. I felt truly sorry for the young man.

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

Let’s really think about this for a minute. If you really stop and think about it, giving an official a little crap is part of the game. Imagine how boring it would be to just sit in the bleachers and you only have a reaction when your team scores a basket, you only clap for the few seconds it takes to recognize the basket. I have kids that participate in sports and I sometimes like to talk to officials during the game. There are a few officials that can shake off a comment and they may actually agree with you that they missed the call, if not actually agreeing they a least make you believe they are. There are officials that actually enjoy making bad calls, they try to get you worked up so they can toss you. I guess the only way to stop it would be to send these officials through a real class and really start to examine their character before giving them any authority. I’m sick of hearing that officials don’t get paid to be heckled by fans. They knew what they signed up for.

Stop making excuses and start making things happen!
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Bulldog84 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:54 am Let’s really think about this for a minute. If you really stop and think about it, giving an official a little crap is part of the game. Imagine how boring it would be to just sit in the bleachers and you only have a reaction when your team scores a basket, you only clap for the few seconds it takes to recognize the basket. I have kids that participate in sports and I sometimes like to talk to officials during the game. There are a few officials that can shake off a comment and they may actually agree with you that they missed the call, if not actually agreeing they a least make you believe they are. There are officials that actually enjoy making bad calls, they try to get you worked up so they can toss you. I guess the only way to stop it would be to send these officials through a real class and really start to examine their character before giving them any authority. I’m sick of hearing that officials don’t get paid to be heckled by fans. They knew what they signed up for.
Barlowbandit in

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

clevelandbrowns#1 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:54 am I know that many of you get on here and make up little funny things about ejections and all in good humor. Realize that some on here are telling the truth about getting ejected. Please ask yourself how does this make my son/daughter feel when this happens? The answer that many of you will get is, embarrassed or your son/daughter not wanting you to come. I had a player on a SHAC team whose dad got thrown out of a game I was involved in years ago for inappropriate language. The young man came up to me and said, "that was my dad and he gets kicked out of many ballgames". I found that to be a very embarrassing and experience that that young man would take with him forever. You could tell it really bothered him. I said to him,"I'm sorry but you keep playing hard and try not to think about it." The young man came back up to me toward the end of the game, during free throws being shot and shook my hand and said, "I'm sorry that my dad acts that way". Again, some of you who regularly go to games and act like this should ask yourself, "how does this make my son/daughter look and or feel? You might just get an answer that you don't really want to hear.
As parents we have earned the right to embarrass our children. It builds character

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:29 am
Bulldog84 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:54 am Let’s really think about this for a minute. If you really stop and think about it, giving an official a little crap is part of the game. Imagine how boring it would be to just sit in the bleachers and you only have a reaction when your team scores a basket, you only clap for the few seconds it takes to recognize the basket. I have kids that participate in sports and I sometimes like to talk to officials during the game. There are a few officials that can shake off a comment and they may actually agree with you that they missed the call, if not actually agreeing they a least make you believe they are. There are officials that actually enjoy making bad calls, they try to get you worked up so they can toss you. I guess the only way to stop it would be to send these officials through a real class and really start to examine their character before giving them any authority. I’m sick of hearing that officials don’t get paid to be heckled by fans. They knew what they signed up for.
Barlowbandit in

😆😆😆

Big Daddy 7371
Varsity

Post by Big Daddy 7371 »

mlittle wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:44 am
Ironman92 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:29 am
Barlowbandit in

😆😆😆
:lol: :lol: :lol:

:o :o :o

6-4-3=2o
Varsity

Post by 6-4-3=2o »

So speaking of such, what in the world happened at VC last night? I'm in the stands at the Athens game hearing from friends that 2, then more, then 8 fans getting ejected for VC??? Based on scores I was receiving, sounds like a really bad night offensively for VC, but that many fans/parents getting tossed? That's a full blown nuclear meltdown in McArthur! Anyone confirm or deny these events?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

6-4-3=2o wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:18 pm So speaking of such, what in the world happened at VC last night? I'm in the stands at the Athens game hearing from friends that 2, then more, then 8 fans getting ejected for VC??? Based on scores I was receiving, sounds like a really bad night offensively for VC, but that many fans/parents getting tossed? That's a full blown nuclear meltdown in McArthur! Anyone confirm or deny these events?
Yep, let’s hear it

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

6-4-3=2o wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:18 pm So speaking of such, what in the world happened at VC last night? I'm in the stands at the Athens game hearing from friends that 2, then more, then 8 fans getting ejected for VC??? Based on scores I was receiving, sounds like a really bad night offensively for VC, but that many fans/parents getting tossed? That's a full blown nuclear meltdown in McArthur! Anyone confirm or deny these events?
7 people were ejected during the game. 2 in the first half, 4 got the boot about halfway through he 4th and then the final ejection was with less than a minute left in the game. Only one was a parent of a player. I’m not sure what was said to warrant the ejections from the referee, but each of those that were ejected left peacefully from my vantage point. VC/Alex is about as heated a rivalry as you can get in boys basketball. Some fans just lost their cool. I would like to point out that I was not one of the ejected. My wife was listening on the radio and immediately called me to make sure I wasn’t acting like a bonehead. 😆
Last edited by Dundas on Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WhiskeyTwoFive
Riding the Bench

Post by WhiskeyTwoFive »

so I know or i guess have known 4 or 5 guys who ref in the area.

one of my favorite things to do each year when they happen to be the crew at a game im watching.....is to just absolutely lay into them...yell at them by name, say they are horrible (but never go past the line) and just wait for them to have enough and quickly turn to see whos screaming at them and then watch their faces when they realize its me lol...

it really never gets old

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Dundas wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:57 pm
7 people were ejected during the game. 2 in the first half, 4 got the boot about halfway through he 4th and then the final ejection was with less than a minute left in the game. Only one was a parent of a player. I’m not sure what was said to warrant the ejections from the referee, but each of those that were ejected left peacefully from my vantage point. VC/Alex is about as heated a rivalry as you can get in boys basketball. Some fans just lost their cool. I would like to point out that I was not one of the ejected. My wife was listening on the radio and immediately called me to make sure I wasn’t acting like a bonehead. 😆
That’s a crazy number though...in 3 different timeframes

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

Not all were from VC--a few for Alex-

96spartan
Freshman Team

Post by 96spartan »

Just to clarify all 7 that took “THE” walk during VC/Alex game were from VC. 6 of them were front row on visitors side and 1 of them, according to a VC parent has been ejected every Alex/VC boys/girls game the last 3 yrs!!! :roll:

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

vcgrad wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:56 am Not all were from VC--a few for Alex-
So Dundas lied?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Did Terry go 20 and 20 I assume since they won big?

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Ironman92 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:07 pm
So Dundas lied?
I know each and every one of them personally. They were all from VC.

We couldn’t stop terry. If Alexander went inside more, this could’ve been even worse.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I sometimes wonder if Coach Kearns or other of their coaches read much on here about how Alex has no coaching and VC has Combs (who is without argument excellent) and therefore VC will be atop the league while Alex is stifled by their coaching. I feel sometimes the stuff put on here can be extra inspiration.

LeftHanded
Freshman Team

Post by LeftHanded »

Dundas wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:33 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:07 pm
So Dundas lied?
I know each and every one of them personally. They were all from VC.

We couldn’t stop terry. If Alexander went inside more, this could’ve been even worse.
Give me about 10 guesses and I could probably name them all! lol

hardhitter ll
Varsity

Post by hardhitter ll »

96spartan wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:53 am Just to clarify all 7 that took “THE” walk during VC/Alex game were from VC. 6 of them were front row on visitors side and 1 of them, according to a VC parent has been ejected every Alex/VC boys/girls game the last 3 yrs!!! :roll:
You can pretty much bet that those officials won't be getting any more games at VC for a while. :lol:

coyote II
Waterboy

Post by coyote II »

A student at a south gallia game had an interesting confrontation with an official a couple weeks ago that got pretty physical. Never seen anything like it in my life. Couldn't believe my eyes.

Return to “Boys Basketball”