(4) Unioto vs (5) Waverly Sat 2/22

mlittle
SEOP

Re: (4) Unioto vs (5) Waverly Sat 2/22

Post by mlittle »

toast wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:37 am Waverly comes in as a slight underdog in this contest. Unioto at the 4 spot and Waverly a 5 seed.

Zeke getting healthy and back on track was a life saver last night. Double double by him and Will I believe.

Lots of grabbing and holding off the ball last night. Trey could of ended up at the line more than he did. He got around his man and took it all the way to the rim more than he normally does. He takes a lot of body shots as defenders come at odd angles to contest the shot and end up contacting as he is shooting. Gotta make that call.

Should be a dandy game.
Lol. He shot 15 foul shots last night. Our whole team took 9. You would think we took 30 threes with that few of trips to the line. WE SHOT 6. We lived in the paint and took 9 foul shots. Oh and I forgot to mention 6 of those 9 were intentional fouls late in the game. So we took 3 foul shots on shot attempts in the entire game. If those numbers were coming from the Waverly game the internet would’ve exploded last night. Trust me Waverly does not want to play in a game like that. Nobody does
Last edited by mlittle on Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

toast wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:37 am Waverly comes in as a slight underdog in this contest. Unioto at the 4 spot and Waverly a 5 seed.

Zeke getting healthy and back on track was a life saver last night. Double double by him and Will I believe.

Lots of grabbing and holding off the ball last night. Trey could of ended up at the line more than he did. He got around his man and took it all the way to the rim more than he normally does. He takes a lot of body shots as defenders come at odd angles to contest the shot and end up contacting as he is shooting. Gotta make that call.

Should be a dandy game.
Zeke played like he had been earlier in the year before getting the flu. Like Coach Robertson told him after the game, Welcome Back. Hopefully he is able to have a repeat performance on Saturday, as Waverly will need it. When 100% and if he is dialed in and focused, he is a handful. Great defender, rebounder, can finish around the rim and can jump out of the gym.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

mlittle wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:04 am

Should be a dandy game.
Lol. He shot 15 foul shots last night. Our whole team took 9. You would think we took 30 threes with that few of trips to the line. WE SHOT 6. We lived in the paint and took 9 foul shots. Oh and I forgot to mention 6 of those 9 were intentional fouls late in the game. So we took 3 foul shots on shot attempts in the entire game. If those numbers were coming from the Waverly game the internet would’ve exploded last night. Trust me Waverly does not want to play in a game like that. Nobody does
Crews are different, no doubt about it. I watched the Unioto game. They seemed to get in the paint and take jump shots. Or in the paint and do "multiple fakes" and then do a "fade away jump shot". You're not going to get as many calls doing that. Trey on the other hand took it full speed into the paint all the way to the rim. Kinda baited defenders in to drawing contact. He didn't fade away. Just a different style in my view. And of course Trey was face guarded most of the game with a lot of holding, bumping and grinding.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

MasterOfNone wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:05 am

Should be a dandy game.
Zeke played like he had been earlier in the year before getting the flu. Like Coach Robertson told him after the game, Welcome Back. Hopefully he is able to have a repeat performance on Saturday, as Waverly will need it. When 100% and if he is dialed in and focused, he is a handful. Great defender, rebounder, can finish around the rim and can jump out of the gym.
We will need Zeke playing at the top of his game Saturday for sure. I heard Coach Robertson told him that after the game. Love it!

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Who else handles the ball for the Tanks, besides Little? I was at the game last night but it's hard to remember and it was my first time seeing them. Just seemed like he was the only one that handled it well, especially late in the game. The others didn't seem too confident when the pressure got turned on. Like I said, first time seeing them so maybe it was an off game.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

toast wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:31 am

Should be a dandy game.
Crews are different, no doubt about it. I watched the Unioto game. They seemed to get in the paint and take jump shots. Or in the paint and do "multiple fakes" and then do a "fade away jump shot". You're not going to get as many calls doing that. Trey on the other hand took it full speed into the paint all the way to the rim. Kinda baited defenders in to drawing contact. He didn't fade away. Just a different style in my view. And of course Trey was face guarded most of the game with a lot of holding, bumping and grinding.
The last sentence sounds like an old R Kelly song

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

MasterOfNone wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:37 am Who else handles the ball for the Tanks, besides Little? I was at the game last night but it's hard to remember and it was my first time seeing them. Just seemed like he was the only one that handled it well, especially late in the game. The others didn't seem too confident when the pressure got turned on. Like I said, first time seeing them so maybe it was an off game.
Keiser and Lambert and Greenwalt usually step in and helps but to anyone watching you can say what you want but that was a very physical game. Even away from the basket. Little isn’t the best ball handler in the world but he’s usually pretty strong with it. His arms look like a wild cat got a hold of him last night but it’s all good He got his 1 foul shot. I believe part of the reason he doesn’t get the calls is because of his strength at the position. It isn’t fair but it is what it is. Smaller guards seem to get more calls

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

toast wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:31 am

Should be a dandy game.
You would’ve been fading away too if you were getting mauled by guys twice your size. Players were forced to adjust so they did. They weren’t calling them. First play of game Little drives “full speed” gets hip checked into the wall, throws it off the side of the backboard Hillsboro ball.

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

Post by JIMMY THE GREEK »

Big game for both programs....I have to roll with the Pike Co. boys...but with a name like "Hoops" leading the Shermans how can you count them out. I have it even...so pickem!

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

JIMMY THE GREEK wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:05 am Big game for both programs....I have to roll with the Pike Co. boys...but with a name like "Hoops" leading the Shermans how can you count them out. I have it even...so pickem!
I’ll cheer for the Streaks if you cheer for Unioto?

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

mlittle wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:57 am
MasterOfNone wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:37 am Who else handles the ball for the Tanks, besides Little? I was at the game last night but it's hard to remember and it was my first time seeing them. Just seemed like he was the only one that handled it well, especially late in the game. The others didn't seem too confident when the pressure got turned on. Like I said, first time seeing them so maybe it was an off game.
Keiser and Lambert and Greenwalt usually step in and helps but to anyone watching you can say what you want but that was a very physical game. Even away from the basket. Little isn’t the best ball handler in the world but he’s usually pretty strong with it. His arms look like a wild cat got a hold of him last night but it’s all good He got his 1 foul shot. I believe part of the reason he doesn’t get the calls is because of his strength at the position. It isn’t fair but it is what it is. Smaller guards seem to get more calls
The LeBron effect.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

MasterOfNone wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:46 am
mlittle wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:57 am
The LeBron effect.
Basically. Just a whiter, smaller, far less athletic, whimper version.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

geaux tigers by 7

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
AnkleBraces
Freshman Team

Post by AnkleBraces »

mlittle wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:23 am
JIMMY THE GREEK wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:05 am Big game for both programs....I have to roll with the Pike Co. boys...but with a name like "Hoops" leading the Shermans how can you count them out. I have it even...so pickem!
NEVER

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

AnkleBraces wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:12 pm
mlittle wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:23 am
NEVER
LOL

porkyfan
Waterboy

Post by porkyfan »

after seeing trey robertson,supposed to be one of the best players in southeast ohio made 2 baskets against Gallia Academy and proabably went 2 for 10 and ended up with 16 points because he gets every call. I think unioto will win. I think trey is overrated and or had a bad game. But they need to be careful not to get in foul trouble. Unioto by 8+

varsity 1000 point club 6th man
MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

porkyfan wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:23 pm after seeing trey robertson,supposed to be one of the best players in southeast ohio made 2 baskets against Gallia Academy and proabably went 2 for 10 and ended up with 16 points because he gets every call. I think unioto will win. I think trey is overrated and or had a bad game. But they need to be careful not to get in foul trouble. Unioto by 8+
:lol: :lol: :lol:

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

MasterOfNone wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:26 pm
porkyfan wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:23 pm after seeing trey robertson,supposed to be one of the best players in southeast ohio made 2 baskets against Gallia Academy and proabably went 2 for 10 and ended up with 16 points because he gets every call. I think unioto will win. I think trey is overrated and or had a bad game. But they need to be careful not to get in foul trouble. Unioto by 8+
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Double hilarious!!!!!!

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

He very well may have not had a good game, but I don't think that he is overrated at all. Also remember, he's in the 10th grade.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

VetteMan wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:43 pm
He very well may have not had a good game, but I don't think that he is overrated at all. Also remember, he's in the 10th grade.
You can’t call anyone overrated that demands that much attention on the defensive end.

Return to “Boys Basketball”