SEOPS HOF

Re: (5) Waverly vs. (8) Warren Sat. 2/29

Post by pfloyd »

... 2nd season with the BBB ...

WWBBB
Freshman Team

Post by WWBBB »

Simoniette isnt a transfer...he just decided to play his ball for his home district school these last 2 years

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

WWBBB wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:20 pm Simoniette isnt a transfer...he just decided to play his ball for his home district school these last 2 years
Thank you, really did not know.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

WWBBB wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:20 pm Simoniette isnt a transfer...he just decided to play his ball for his home district school these last 2 years
and THAT'S the rest of the story - the BBB is glad he made that decision too !!! he has been an excellent addition to the tradition of great hoops at Warren Local ...

6-4-3=2o
Varsity

Post by 6-4-3=2o »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:24 pm
and THAT'S the rest of the story - the BBB is glad he made that decision too !!! he has been an excellent addition to the tradition of great hoops at Warren Local ...
Honest and curious question.....why the heck did he transfer to Belpre?

SEObballwizard
Waterboy

Post by SEObballwizard »

Gotta think Coach Maddox will have his boys on the hunt for revenge. Warren has to be seen as the favorite to this point in the season, considering all aspects. This group consists of the same skill level from top to bottom of the roster, which is big time come Basketball:30.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

SEObballwizard wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:42 pm Gotta think Coach Maddox will have his boys on the hunt for revenge. Warren has to be seen as the favorite to this point in the season, considering all aspects. This group consists of the same skill level from top to bottom of the roster, which is big time come Basketball:30.
... at the very least Coach Maddox AND Coach Robertson will be able to BOTH work the game "standing up, walking court side" as opposed to having to sit on their hands for the 32 minutes in that 1st get-together in Piketon LOL ...

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

It feels like ages since that first matchup of these two at Piketon. It is hard to remember much of it.

Has anyone that has seen Warren play as of late give us a little preview of what to expect?
Maybe some of their tendencies, strengths or weaknesses or who their top players to watch are?

OSU Alumni 2000
Riding the Bench

Post by OSU Alumni 2000 »

Should be a close game. I think Waverly maintains a 3-5 pt lead the entire game ands pulls away on free throws the last minute.
Ill take waverly by 9.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

I like this matchup for Waverly, but as previously mentioned Warren will be prepared. I think Maddox will be creative in terms of how he's defending Robertson. He has several days to prepare. I think it'll be low scoring but I still think Waverly wins by 4-5...

Watching SE Ohio basketball
svc_guy
Freshman Team

Post by svc_guy »

I like Waverly to break through and win this one. Beating a very good Unioto team and doing it playing Uniotos tempo was very impressive. I think point guard play is more important than anything in tournament action and Trey is the real deal. I will take Waverly by 8 and moving on to play LE.

Nipgencounty
Freshman Team

Post by Nipgencounty »

Im gonna take the team with SOC II POY. Mr Robertson

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

[/quote]

... being at the first game , it felt like IF there was one more minute on the clock Warren would have taken this one - the flow of the game was in the BBB favor ... Coach Maddox actually did a brilliant thing - Warren had no time outs left, he called a timeout to stop the clock trailing 62-60 ... technical foul - the Tigers went 1 for 2 - Warren 3 ... Warriors stole the in bounds and threw up a shot to tie LOL ... Warren has now figured out how to play without Seth Dennis, everyone is varsity experienced - the same for Waverly ... Waverly STILL is the much quicker TEAM, and a stronger team than the Warriors ... how that plays out ? Saturday the 29th will tell all ... going to be fun to watch and compare the first outing vs this post season game ...
[/quote]

I'm having a hard time comprehending how calling a time-out you don't have is brilliant in a situation where you are down two. To call time out you either have to have the ball or the clock is stopped. If the clock is stopped, that is what you want by calling time out. If it is not stopped, just foul them and make them shoot FTs so they don't get possession after taking the technical FTs.

WWBBB
Freshman Team

Post by WWBBB »

Pretty sure Warren made a basket to cut the lead down to 1, but it was under 5 seconds left in the game...hence the timeout to stop the clock and give his team a chance although slight......BRILLIANT

WWBBB
Freshman Team

Post by WWBBB »

I am going to guess you cant comprehend because of the Marietta education....lol

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

WWBBB wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:36 pm I am going to guess you cant comprehend because of the Marietta education....lol
I was educated in western and central Ohio. Only our four off-spring were educated in Louisiana and Marietta!

I neglected to remember that in high school the clock still does not stop after a made basket in the last 2 mins.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

A week in between games feels like a century!

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Just got thru fixing Henry Robinson's water heater here in Peebles. His Grandson is Waverly s coach and great great grandson Trey are on his mind. Henry is a WWII veteran who lives for basketball. He so very much looking forward to watching Trey at the Convo. If you happen to see Henry at the convo please thank him for his service. Good luck this weekend Trey and the Tigers.

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

I hope he gets to travel to the convo. At the Unioto game he fell and had to go to the hospital and missed the game. I know it was on travises mind during the game. He was bruised up pretty good but will recover. I love talking to him at games. He is a hero!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Ukfanatic wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:29 pm I hope he gets to travel to the convo. At the Unioto game he fell and had to go to the hospital and missed the game. I know it was on travises mind during the game. He was bruised up pretty good but will recover. I love talking to him at games. He is a hero!
Yes, a true hero. Hope he is able to be there.

Return to “Boys Basketball”