Gov. DeWine Requests 'No fans in the stands', OHSAA To Respond

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Gov. DeWine Requests 'No fans in the stands', OHSAA To Respond

Post by Ironman92 »

mlittle wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:27 am
baseball16 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:38 am Sad , but the biggest losers in all of this are the players ! This virus does very little to this age group! Most kids show absolutely no signs. 70% of deaths are 70 and above. Protect the vulnerable , protect the elderly and let the kids play!!!!!!
I even hate that there won’t be any big crowds. The atmosphere of high school sports is one of the things that makes it so special. And it’s gonna be really hard for me especially at the games because I like to yell dumb stuff at officials and I need the crowd noise to drown me out a little 😬
I’ve been watching some livestreams and they have audio...you could have a nice crowd to hear your brilliant comments. Your persona could really take off with the new online crowd

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Bulldog84 wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:04 pm
mlittle wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:00 pm
Bulldog84 wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:41 pm

We as fans and parents have to do whatever it takes so these student athletes can play. Just wear the stinking masks!
WE ARE WEARING THE MASKS. EVERYONE IS WEARING THE GD MASKS.

Virus gonna virus. The masked are doing very little if anything to slow the spike
Lol, dang man calm down! I get your frustration because I don’t think the masks do anything. I’m just saying wear the stupid mask to keep all the stupid people making the rules happy.

And you all can prove that mask don't work how???? Yeah, I know some doctors say they don't work and some do but just what IF we hadn't been wearing the mask the numbers would be tripled.

I for one believe they work because of the amount of people I've been face to face with at my job since March. I wear my mask to work and to everywhere I go. I know of a few people hear in my county that have gotten it and some are in bad shape and when I would ask them if they wore a mask they scoff and say, I didn't need that darn mask. Mask is just plain stupid. I bet they wish now they would have worn them.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:33 pm

Virus gonna virus. The masked are doing very little if anything to slow the spike
Lol, dang man calm down! I get your frustration because I don’t think the masks do anything. I’m just saying wear the stupid mask to keep all the stupid people making the rules happy.

And you all can prove that mask don't work how???? Yeah, I know some doctors say they don't work and some do but just what IF we hadn't been wearing the mask the numbers would be tripled.

I for one believe they work because of the amount of people I've been face to face with at my job since March. I wear my mask to work and to everywhere I go. I know of a few people hear in my county that have gotten it and some are in bad shape and when I would ask them if they wore a mask they scoff and say, I didn't need that darn mask. Mask is just plain stupid. I bet they wish now they would have worn them.
Just take a look at the spikes in states that have the strictest mask and lock down mandates. They are as high or higher than states who aren’t wearing masks. Don’t need a doctorate in science to figure that out.

baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

mlittle wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:00 pm WE ARE WEARING THE MASKS. EVERYONE IS WEARING THE GD MASKS.

masks are being worn everywhere. It's mandatory, but numbers continue to rise! Plus, even if you are wearing a mask the contact tracing is placing you in contact and you are given a mandatory 14 day quarantine. Why? If masks work why are you quarantined?? It's absolutely out of control!
I'm sorry for the losses and again there are no guarantees or science saying the numbers would be tripled without masks. People on the both sides are not wrong or right, it's a virus and its contagious. Protect the vulnerable as well as the elderly. By the way, we have over 800000 abortions but nothing is said about these deaths. I ask this, what is the true pandemic!?

Kids are going to be fine and recover! That's what the science says!

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

This is my view on it really, I know of several ppl that have had to quarantine because they were working with someone who tested positive. None of them got the virus, and the common theme was each of them had a mask on. Is there ppl who have wore a mask that got it, I'm sure there is, but I just know to many personally where they didn't contract the virus after direct contact in close quarters with someone who was positive. No one can say but this states numbers are high and they have masked compared to this one. While it says it's mandated you have no idea what they are doing in other states and if they're following protocols. We'll see what happens there's light at the end of the tunnel and I hope ppl can buckle down the best way they can.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:56 pm It’s for the kids so if it takes no fans that’s fine as long as they get to play.
True but as a player don’t u want ur classmates there reeking havoc in the cheerblock

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

These masks are not doin a freakin thing. Me and my family wear one every time we go out. GUESS WHAT!! We still got it

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

The question of quarantine is a matter for the employer. I know for a fact that an employer has sent people home for being in a carpool with a potentially infected person, yet not send men home when a worker in the same breakroom tests positive. There is no consistency with any of this.
But if wearing a mask has the CHANCE to protect me or others, why wouldn't I wear it?

WEAR THE STUPID MASK!!

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

GalliaGrad78 wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:36 am The question of quarantine is a matter for the employer. I know for a fact that an employer has sent people home for being in a carpool with a potentially infected person, yet not send men home when a worker in the same breakroom tests positive. There is no consistency with any of this.
But if wearing a mask has the CHANCE to protect me or others, why wouldn't I wear it?

WEAR THE STUPID MASK!!
It’s a proven scientific fact that masks do nothing

wch125
All State

Post by wch125 »

mlittle wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:36 pm
GalliaGrad78 wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:36 am The question of quarantine is a matter for the employer. I know for a fact that an employer has sent people home for being in a carpool with a potentially infected person, yet not send men home when a worker in the same breakroom tests positive. There is no consistency with any of this.

WEAR THE STUPID MASK!!
Thats not true about mask. They offer some protection. Are they 100% safe no , neither are condoms . Here is a website that offers some data from real scientist not just opinions.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... nt-studies

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

wch125 wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:11 pm

WEAR THE STUPID MASK!!
Thats not true about mask. They offer some protection. Are they 100% safe no , neither are condoms . Here is a website that offers some data from real scientist not just opinions.

I can also show a study from cdc that shows no correlation between masks and reduced infection. ZERO

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Mad-Dogg wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:28 am These masks are not doin a freakin thing. Me and my family wear one every time we go out. GUESS WHAT!! We still got it
Same here!

wch125
All State

Post by wch125 »

mlittle wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:35 pm

I can also show a study from cdc that shows no correlation between masks and reduced infection. ZERO
Then you should post it . The science behind everything is ever changing . You can believe what you want but a mask depending on the type is going to protect you more than it would not.

My post is from the CDC , and yes originally they said it did not help. Now after studying things , it has changed. Ultimately if you want to wear one you will and you don't you won''t. To think they have no effect on things is scientifically not true. FACTS

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

wch125 wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:40 pm

Then you should post it . The science behind everything is ever changing . You can believe what you want but a mask depending on the type is going to protect you more than it would not.

My post is from the CDC , and yes originally they said it did not help. Now after studying things , it has changed. Ultimately if you want to wear one you will and you don't you won''t. To think they have no effect on things is scientifically not true. FACTS
https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26/5/19-0994_article

Skip down to the face mask section. It’s a good ways down. The cdc is only currently changing their stance “somewhat” on masks from political pressure not new evidence they all of the sudden work.

wch125
All State

Post by wch125 »

mlittle wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:10 pm

Skip down to the face mask section. It’s a good ways down. The cdc is only currently changing their stance “somewhat” on masks from political pressure not new evidence they all of the sudden work.
Thanks it is a good read. This study was done for the Flu. Coronavirus different but similar . Also it did say there was some evidence that it helps with transmission. It did also say transmission could be worse if worn improperly and there was no mask education.

Like I said I'm sure it help somes , do I agree with everything being done no. I just want to see people healthy and kids being able to go about things semi normal for now , whatever that may look like.

Thanks for the link and information!

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Mad-Dogg wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:23 am
Beergogglebluez wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:56 pm It’s for the kids so if it takes no fans that’s fine as long as they get to play.
True but as a player don’t u want ur classmates there reeking havoc in the cheerblock
I agree 100% but that’s not going to happen right now. We have to obey the silly rules or plug is pulled for kids. Hopefully it ends in a few months.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

wch125 wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:22 pm

Thanks it is a good read. This study was done for the Flu. Coronavirus different but similar . Also it did say there was some evidence that it helps with transmission. It did also say transmission could be worse if worn improperly and there was no mask education.

Like I said I'm sure it help somes , do I agree with everything being done no. I just want to see people healthy and kids being able to go about things semi normal for now , whatever that may look like.

I did notice that as well the study was for influenza which is why I posted it because the covid particles are actually smaller than influenza which makes the masks even less useful. But I understand. I’m complying now because I’m required to but I don’t like it

wch125
All State

Post by wch125 »

mlittle wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:29 pm

I did notice that as well the study was for influenza which is why I posted it because the covid particles are actually smaller than influenza which makes the masks even less useful. But I understand. I’m complying now because I’m required to but I don’t like it
I am with you I do not like it alot either but I am complying and yes the particles are much smaller. Good Talk ! Hope season is going well for you guys and good luck !

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

wch125 wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:02 pm
mlittle wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:29 pm

I am with you I do not like it alot either but I am complying and yes the particles are much smaller. Good Talk ! Hope season is going well for you guys and good luck !
Same

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

2020 is on pace to be the 6th deadliest year of the decade in the United States. (2011-2020)

QUESTION: Why is it called a PANDEMIC?

ANSWER: Big OVERREACTION

Return to “Boys Basketball”