All State

Re: SVC 2020/2021 🏀🏀🏀

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Why all the technicals?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:08 pm Why all the technicals?
Of all the touting you do in your posts you can’t figure it out by reading this thread?

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

I know the U fans will be all over me for this, but there seems to be a bit of a discipline issue with this team. In the 3 games i've seen, they've had 5 T's. I didn't watch the Huntington game,but did see the video of Little and Galloway's on court shoving match with each other. I know it's hard for coaches these days, because when you try to discipline a kid, they'll just run off and play at another school or their parents will jump on social media and cause even more issues. When I played for Larry Jordan, a T got you 1000 walls and a 2 game suspension. Coaches just can't do that anymore and keep their jobs.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

se-alum wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:45 pm I know the U fans will be all over me for this, but there seems to be a bit of a discipline issue with this team. In the 3 games i've seen, they've had 5 T's. I didn't watch the Huntington game,but did see the video of Little and Galloway's on court shoving match with each other. I know it's hard for coaches these days, because when you try to discipline a kid, they'll just run off and play at another school or their parents will jump on social media and cause even more issues. When I played for Larry Jordan, a T got you 1000 walls and a 2 game suspension. Coaches just can't do that anymore and keep their jobs.
The players who had the technicals last night were running their walls today during my practice.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

se-alum wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:45 pm I know the U fans will be all over me for this, but there seems to be a bit of a discipline issue with this team. In the 3 games i've seen, they've had 5 T's. I didn't watch the Huntington game,but did see the video of Little and Galloway's on court shoving match with each other. I know it's hard for coaches these days, because when you try to discipline a kid, they'll just run off and play at another school or their parents will jump on social media and cause even more issues. When I played for Larry Jordan, a T got you 1000 walls and a 2 game suspension. Coaches just can't do that anymore and keep their jobs.
I have no issue with coaches taking disciplinary actions on my kid. It’s hard to justify the players getting a T but 3 in a qtr and 2 fans tossed in a game your team shoots 1 foul shot and watches the other team shoot 22 you have to ask yourself how many adults on here would struggle in that situation. My kid got a technical after getting suplexed on a layup with no call. He is to run 1000 walls before he can play in a game and I have no problem with that and he’ll run every single one for punishment. My question is who’s holding the officials accountable for their mistakes? So quick to judge kids

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

While at Jackson I watched Jordan walk 35 feet onto the oppo side of the court to question the officials and none of them would T him up...it was like they would’ve had to run 1000 walls if they did.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

So 15-18 miles of running for each technical? Impressive

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:27 pm
So 15-18 miles of running for each technical? Impressive
Sometimes the punishment is worth it. Doesn’t seem to be the case here. Lol

thebarlowbandit
All State

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:26 pm
Of all the touting you do in your posts you can’t figure it out by reading this thread?
I did not tread through every post no. Some of us have real jobs not teachers with all the free time.

svc_guy
Freshman Team

Post by svc_guy »

I’m going to jump in on this one and admit I did not watch the first half...but...many of the free throws came as a result of fouling in the fourth quarter to extend game(nunnemaker hit several). Dani Cali said it perfectly..Westfall outplayed Unioto last night regardless of the refs. What I saw was very reactive defense, and on offense attacking the rim and drawing legit fouls to get to the free throw line. As far as discipline, that’s really no ones business except the players and coaches. I’m pretty sure Hoops knows how to control his team. He would not have won ten thousand league games in a row if he didn’t. I watched my son get absolutely thrown 8 feet out of bounds with two hands extended right in front of the ref and he got up and ran down to play defense and said nothing to player or ref. The ref later told him he was acting. That game happen to be a very close game with the league leaders and we would have loved to have got that call. I know how frustrating it can be watching bad refs but I am not a fan of using that as an excuse for losing a game. Westfall deserved to win last night based on their performance. Not the performance of the refs.

thebarlowbandit
All State

mlittle wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:17 pm
I have no issue with coaches taking disciplinary actions on my kid. It’s hard to justify the players getting a T but 3 in a qtr and 2 fans tossed in a game your team shoots 1 foul shot and watches the other team shoot 22 you have to ask yourself how many adults on here would struggle in that situation. My kid got a technical after getting suplexed on a layup with no call. He is to run 1000 walls before he can play in a game and I have no problem with that and he’ll run every single one for punishment. My question is who’s holding the officials accountable for their mistakes? So quick to judge kids
Who said they made a mistake? And if officials do a bad job schools simply tell the assignor they are banned from said school. The way I hear more and more are quiting because of the stupid stuff going on. You will really love it when there are cancelled games because no officials.

And it’s pretty easy, one game with several T’s, well thAt may be an abnormally, but when it just keeps happening? Yeah, can’t keep blaming officials.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:50 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:26 pm
I did not tread through every post no. Some of us have real jobs not teachers with all the free time.
You work a job where you don’t have 4 min to read through 40 posts? Insulting teachers? Lol 👏👏👏

Your initial question seemed quite rhetorical but mlittle, while a fireball for this site is impressively honest when things go poorly....he had a few posts that pretty well spell out the technicals.

Take care

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:57 pm
mlittle wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:17 pm
Who said they made a mistake? And if officials do a bad job schools simply tell the assignor they are banned from said school. The way I hear more and more are quiting because of the stupid stuff going on. You will really love it when there are cancelled games because no officials.

And it’s pretty easy, one game with several T’s, well thAt may be an abnormally, but when it just keeps happening? Yeah, can’t keep blaming officials.
I’d rather a game get cancelled over seeing some of stuff I’ve seen the last couple years. Refs aren’t quitting because of the stuff going on in stands or on court. If they quit for that then they had no business being there to start with and I commend them for at least having the self awareness to know that and quit.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Well Mlittle when you don’t have a son playing, why don’t you put your expertise on display and show everyone what good officiating is.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:07 pm Well Mlittle when you don’t have a son playing, why don’t you put your expertise on display and show everyone what good officiating is.
Sadly I think he has one in junior high so we’ll have to wait

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:07 pm Well Mlittle when you don’t have a son playing, why don’t you put your expertise on display and show everyone what good officiating is.
I’d have to put on 70 pounds, smoke weed all day and grey my hair or I’m afraid my application wouldn’t be accepted. But don’t worry I’ve been in direct contact with Wayne Horsley and he’s got the ball rolling trying to clean this official thing up for me.

nodumpinpike
Riding the Bench

Post by nodumpinpike »

Westfall 50
Southeastern 48

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

nodumpinpike wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:59 pm Westfall 50
Southeastern 48
Which means SE beats us by 11

Prince
Riding the Bench

Post by Prince »

Being From Tiger Town . Unioto needs to forget and move on . Bad loss happens. From what I have seen on this post they can and we’ll bounce back Good Luck to the Shermans

peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

I have no dog in this fight. I watched most of this game and Westfall was the aggressor and played harder and made shots. I saw the game and yes there were some missed calls bothways.
Before all the technicals the fouls were 4 to 2 against Unioto I think. 6 fouls shots made off of them.

Return to “Boys Basketball”