Unioto vs Athens...Sectional Final 2/25

bman
SEO

Re: Unioto vs Athens...Sectional Final 2/25

Post by bman »

93Bulldog wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:10 am
bman wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:15 am After the Westfall game, you knew Unioto was going to be a bear and it wasn't going to be pretty. Congrats to the U, and we'll see you up here next week.
I'm still trying to figure out how Unioto was a 7 seed.

As a 2 seed, I dont think LE got a very good draw here. Just my observation.
I felt LE actually got a better draw than Warren with Sheridan and Waverly on the other bracket. There are a number of solid teams in the district and LE is going to have to play well to advance against a very athletic Unioto squad.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

mlittle wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:46 am
bman wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:15 am After the Westfall game, you knew Unioto was going to be a bear and it wasn't going to be pretty. Congrats to the U, and we'll see you up here next week.
It’s great to see others step up the way they have while Little is regaining his strength. Last night we just played so hard and so tough and the ball wasn’t sticking to anyone’s hands on offense. It seemed like every basket we had was assisted on. It really was a fun game for us. That game had the makings on paper to be a lot closer and our kids just weren’t having it. From the start our defense was just so intense. Athens just looked shocked.
Especially when you had an "honorable mention all-conference" selection in Galloway help to take over the game. BTW...who does the all-conference voting in the SVC? :lol: Unioto is a well-coached team that is very athletic and skilled. We'll have a lot of good kids on the floor up here at LE next week competing and scrapping for a chance to play for a district final. Should be a good game.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

bman wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:42 am
mlittle wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:46 am
It’s great to see others step up the way they have while Little is regaining his strength. Last night we just played so hard and so tough and the ball wasn’t sticking to anyone’s hands on offense. It seemed like every basket we had was assisted on. It really was a fun game for us. That game had the makings on paper to be a lot closer and our kids just weren’t having it. From the start our defense was just so intense. Athens just looked shocked.
Especially when you had an "honorable mention all-conference" selection in Galloway help to take over the game. BTW...who does the all-conference voting in the SVC? :lol: Unioto is a well-coached team that is very athletic and skilled. We'll have a lot of good kids on the floor up here at LE next week competing and scrapping for a chance to play for a district final. Should be a good game.
Coaches with a grudge is who selects those all league teams. It’s either that or they’re operating on a 5th grade educational level with recess as their best subject. It’s one of the 2 and I haven’t figured it out yet. Probably both

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

It shows how weak the TVC Ohio is---been a bad year, :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Return to “Boys Basketball”