Waverly vs Colonel Crawford at Smithville Sunday at 6:00

SOCS
Waterboy

Re: Waverly vs Colonel Crawford at Smithville Sunday at 6:00

Post by SOCS »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:30 pm I’ve been on here a long time….it’s been several several years since I’ve seen a game thread and a post that said it looked like Waverly had tired legs
That may not have been it, I was just watching the stream which wasn’t great quality. Their shots all seemed to be flat, weren’t getting much lift off the floor in the lane and leaving a lot short around the basket. Made some mental errors that they don’t typically make that I would contribute to maybe being tired.

They did give everything they had and played hard which is hard to do when you can’t buy a bucket. They ran their stuff well and had a ton of great looks just couldn’t throw it in the ocean.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Waverly held CC to a season low 44 points when they were averaging 66 points per game coming into this one.
They had game of 86, 78, 77, 76, 69, 69, 68, 68, 67.
Waverly did very well defensively but for whatever reason couldn’t hit any open looks.

https://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/c ... hedule.htm

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

I watched this game on the live feed. Lot of people saying Waverly couldn’t hit shots. Folks there is a reason for that. I think their length bothered waverly. I’m not sure what the kids sizes were but it looked like they were long all over the court. That bothers kids so even when you think they have an open shot it’s always rushed in their minds. As far as them only scoring 44, I’m not sure what the rush should be to get to 70 when if you keep playing on the defensive end your opponent might not even crack 10. In my opinion it’s just a bad game, it happens these are high school kids. I still think Waverly has a really nice team and this game didn’t change my opinion of that.

BigGuy10
Varsity

Post by BigGuy10 »

mlittle wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:52 am I watched this game on the live feed. Lot of people saying Waverly couldn’t hit shots. Folks there is a reason for that. I think their length bothered waverly. I’m not sure what the kids sizes were but it looked like they were long all over the court. That bothers kids so even when you think they have an open shot it’s always rushed in their minds. As far as them only scoring 44, I’m not sure what the rush should be to get to 70 when if you keep playing on the defensive end your opponent might not even crack 10. In my opinion it’s just a bad game, it happens these are high school kids. I still think Waverly has a really nice team and this game didn’t change my opinion of that.
I'd say that's a very fair breakdown. I'm not sure of their exact heights either but I saw us lined up for a FT with Futhey and Morrison lined up, CC had 2 kids at least 2 inches taller than our guys so that showed they have some height!

CC is a good team as their records show, so like you mentioned not knocking Waverly at all. Scheduled a good team and it just wasn't our night. Doesn't affect the tournament. Only getting more experience!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

BigGuy10 wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:02 am
mlittle wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:52 am I watched this game on the live feed. Lot of people saying Waverly couldn’t hit shots. Folks there is a reason for that. I think their length bothered waverly. I’m not sure what the kids sizes were but it looked like they were long all over the court. That bothers kids so even when you think they have an open shot it’s always rushed in their minds. As far as them only scoring 44, I’m not sure what the rush should be to get to 70 when if you keep playing on the defensive end your opponent might not even crack 10. In my opinion it’s just a bad game, it happens these are high school kids. I still think Waverly has a really nice team and this game didn’t change my opinion of that.
I'd say that's a very fair breakdown. I'm not sure of their exact heights either but I saw us lined up for a FT with Futhey and Morrison lined up, CC had 2 kids at least 2 inches taller than our guys so that showed they have some height!

CC is a good team as their records show, so like you mentioned not knocking Waverly at all. Scheduled a good team and it just wasn't our night. Doesn't affect the tournament. Only getting more experience!
Maybe a blessing in disguise heading into the tournament.
Of course the Tigers have a league title to claim so that means putting this game behind them and focusing on the trip to Oak Hill tomorrow night.

E High
All State

Post by E High »

That game is over. Play well and on to the park regionals

Return to “Boys Basketball”