Valley at Waverly Friday 2/11

bbjunky81
SEO

Re: Valley at Waverly Friday 2/11

Post by bbjunky81 »

coop wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:26 am

It’s embarrassing a fan can walk on a court and act that way, and I know that’s not what the Valley community wants, and I’m sure they’re embarrassed!

Valley is a great community, but on the video you can see and hear a good chunk of the Valley crowd openly cheering when the crazy lady walked on the floor.

The lady needs banned from all future games and some type of charges need pressed. Walking on the floor is a no no. Period. Zero excuse for it regardless of what has occurred.

The problem is this —— you guys think society is soft? The majority of todays school administrators are worse. I’ll be absolutely shocked if anything at all gets done.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
oldschoolqb13
Varsity

Post by oldschoolqb13 »

It was great to see the players and coaches hugging and talking after the game. You could see the mutual respect and admiration and it was great to see. But, I won’t forget what I saw from many of the Valley faithful. It changed some opinions I had for sure.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

oldschoolqb13 wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:19 am It was great to see the players and coaches hugging and talking after the game. You could see the mutual respect and admiration and it was great to see. But, I won’t forget what I saw from many of the Valley faithful. It changed some opinions I had for sure.
Players, coaches, fans from both sides on the floor long after the game chatting, congratulating, wishing each other long tourny runs, etc. The floor was packed long after the game, no one wanting to go home - it was awesome to see and be a part of.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Don’t let one bad apple change your mind of the whole community. As a valley fan I’m embarrassed too. I’ve yelled at ball games plenty of times. Even stood up and yelled at times. But never would I go on to the court. I do not know the lady personally to know if this is common behavior for her or if she just had a bad night. Not taking up for her at all, it was an intense game. The players and coaches from both teams kept their cool and the sportsmanship between them showed. Again, I’m not condoning the behavior, just don’t let it ruin your views of the rest of us. It was a great game between two good programs. Hope both make long tournament runs. Good luck to both teams moving on.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Sounded like a great game until seconds left and waverly hit their foul shots

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

It was. The 3 by futhey, I think it was, was a big one. Valley had a few empty possessions after that then had to foul. Very good game.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

transplant wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:31 am It was. The 3 by futhey, I think it was, was a big one. Valley had a few empty possessions after that then had to foul. Very good game.
4:32 Wade Futhey 3 made it 49-43
3:49 Stewart and one made it 49-46
3:10 Valley ball - Robertson steal and bucket made it 51-46.
2:41 Robertson bucket made it 53-46
From there is it was FT’s.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Yeah. I think that 3 was the turning point. That and the steal and bucket by Robertson. I’m not one for moral victories, but I’ll take that game last night. Great effort by both teams.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lRrPrGp8UzM

Here’s a link to the game…. It starts out with end of the JV game, Senior night and warmups.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

bbjunky81 wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:59 am

It’s embarrassing a fan can walk on a court and act that way, and I know that’s not what the Valley community wants, and I’m sure they’re embarrassed!

Valley is a great community, but on the video you can see and hear a good chunk of the Valley crowd openly cheering when the crazy lady walked on the floor.

The lady needs banned from all future games and some type of charges need pressed. Walking on the floor is a no no. Period. Zero excuse for it regardless of what has occurred.

The problem is this —— you guys think society is soft? The majority of todays school administrators are worse. I’ll be absolutely shocked if anything at all gets done.

What charges would you be able to press 👀

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:22 pm
bbjunky81 wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:59 am

What charges would you be able to press 👀
Is there a link to the SW/Oak Hill game?

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

https://youtu.be/i0RaTlwWNQY

3:55 hours into it is when it gets juicy. The whole second half was juicy

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:30 pm https://youtu.be/i0RaTlwWNQY

3:55 hours into it is when it gets juicy. The whole second half was juicy
Thanks, I’ll check it out

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Congrats to Waverly on the soc2 title

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
oldschoolqb13
Varsity

Post by oldschoolqb13 »

transplant wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:12 am Don’t let one bad apple change your mind of the whole community. As a valley fan I’m embarrassed too. I’ve yelled at ball games plenty of times. Even stood up and yelled at times. But never would I go on to the court. I do not know the lady personally to know if this is common behavior for her or if she just had a bad night. Not taking up for her at all, it was an intense game. The players and coaches from both teams kept their cool and the sportsmanship between them showed. Again, I’m not condoning the behavior, just don’t let it ruin your views of the rest of us. It was a great game between two good programs. Hope both make long tournament runs. Good luck to both teams moving on.
No, you’re right transplant. I have many good friends from there and some who live their currently, including your newly retired football coach. Your kids are an absolute joy to watch and they are going to get even with plenty of teams in the next few years. And, from what I’ve seen, your coaches do a nice job and acted with class during and after the game.

Shoedaddy
Freshman Team

Post by Shoedaddy »

1. The refs let this one get out of control early by calling VERY little. This was an experienced crew that does many big game so I was a bit surprised. I know that letting them play seems to be the norm but there were ALOT of missed calls both ways.
2. Waverly's physicality causes problems for younger teams. Not only physically but mentally.
3. Opponent fans of Waverly seem to consistently get out of control, the MInford game was bad too, here is my theory. A) Physicality B) Other teams players complain to refs way more than Waverly because Travis does all the complaining to the officials. By Travis doing all the complaining to officials, the opposing fans get more wound up and they see their boys complaining about getting fouled and that irks them even more.
4. Why does the real big kid from Valley not play more? He seems like a matchup nightmare.
5. Other than Robertson, the rest of the team STRUGGLES from the line. In a close game, it will cost them.
6. Anyone coming on the floor should at least receive a Citation and be banned from HS sports for at least a year.
7. Thankfully the Waverly FD is quicker than the PD on duty that night. Otherwise every house fire in Waverly would burn the whole town down.
8. Hopefully both teams make a good run.

Return to “Boys Basketball”