All Conference

Re: Canceled games for this weekend - post em up

Post by socfan »

12/23 McClain at Leesburg Fairfield postponed rescheduled for February 7th

baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

Always amazes me how quickly games are cancelled on the First Threat of snow. Come Feb. it takes a foot to cancel games. LOL It's going to be cold tonight and some snow but Friday Forcast is Cold with 0 percent chance of snow during the day. smh There were games cancelled tonight due to a threat of possible snow, when all you had to do was look at forcast and see it was after midnight. Temperature is still in the 40s.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

baseball16 wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:56 pm Always amazes me how quickly games are cancelled on the First Threat of snow. Come Feb. it takes a foot to cancel games. LOL It's going to be cold tonight and some snow but Friday Forcast is Cold with 0 percent chance of snow during the day. smh There were games cancelled tonight due to a threat of possible snow, when all you had to do was look at forcast and see it was after midnight. Temperature is still in the 40s.
Right. You wait until noon and that gives everyone ample time to adjust if it is cancelled. I get being safe, but some of this is crazy.

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Post by Tigernation2021 »

Believe I seen where Western and Notre Dame is already canceled both schools agreed it was best. Western does have some crappy roads before they ever hit the highway.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

baseball16 wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:56 pm Always amazes me how quickly games are cancelled on the First Threat of snow. Come Feb. it takes a foot to cancel games. LOL It's going to be cold tonight and some snow but Friday Forcast is Cold with 0 percent chance of snow during the day. smh There were games cancelled tonight due to a threat of possible snow, when all you had to do was look at forcast and see it was after midnight. Temperature is still in the 40s.

It’s going to be wet all night and then everything will flash freeze when it’s -5 degrees in the morning.

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Tigernation2021
Varsity

Post by Tigernation2021 »

Schools will always err on the side of caution they realize they have busses traveling to these places but they also have 16-17 year old kids driving out in it also. The schools will also give much more respect to any thought of ice vs worrying about snow, so while you're talking about snow the schools are worried about ice. Also, I'd love to hear about the games that were played with a foot of snow on the ground the night before.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Level 2 road conditions throughout the Hocking Hills Region ...

baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

Tigernation2021 wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 12:02 am
Schools will always err on the side of caution they realize they have busses traveling to these places but they also have 16-17 year old kids driving out in it also. The schools will also give much more respect to any thought of ice vs worrying about snow, so while you're talking about snow the schools are worried about ice. Also, I'd love to hear about the games that were played with a foot of snow on the ground the night before.
No Doubt, but tell me that again in Feb. When Tournaments are going and the SE District is saying they have to be played. Also, teams jumped the gun and canceled games last night when it wasn't suppose to turn bad until after midnight. Now teams will need to play a makeup game for a night they shouldn't have canceled. JMO

Buckeye1972
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye1972 »

Southern Ohio Conference - As of 10:00AM

Eastern/Waverly - rescheduled to 12-27

Waverly/Oak Hill - rescheduled to 1/14

South Webster/Northwest - postponed

Western/Notre Dame - postponed

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Jackson and VC postponed to a date to be determined

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

I’d say every back road that is situated with a hillside is covered in ice right now considering how much rained yesterday

Buckeye1972
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye1972 »

Add Rock Hill/Symmes Valley to postponed list

Buckeye1972
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye1972 »

Valley/West & Southeastern/Clay are now postponed

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

All it’s gonna take is one kid wrapped around a telephone pole or a bus full of kids going home from a game sliding over a hill into a creek for someone to say ehhhh maybe they should’ve canceled last night even though they could definitely make it to the game. So what if they have to make one up here and there. There’s 4 nights a week we don’t play ball

Buckeye1972
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye1972 »

Southeastern/Clay rescheduled for 12/28

baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 10:45 am All it’s gonna take is one kid wrapped around a telephone pole or a bus full of kids going home from a game sliding over a hill into a creek for someone to say ehhhh maybe they should’ve canceled last night even though they could definitely make it to the game. So what if they have to make one up here and there. There’s 4 nights a week we don’t play ball

True, but that also can happen any given day. People driving are exactly 5 feet from a possible accident and death. I get it, yes err on the side of caution, but again, let's see how this plays out in February.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I’ve been out in it today 3x about 15 min each

It’s the coldest weather I’ve ever been in. If facing the wind it’s hard to be outside for a minute. My car sounded like it was going to break in half when I drove it around.

clevelandbrowns#1
Varsity

Post by clevelandbrowns#1 »

Unioto @ Hillsboro postponed

Return to “Boys Basketball”