Wednesday 12/28 Games/Updates/Finals

Crab's Brother
SEO

Re: Wednesday 12/28 Games/Updates/Finals

Post by Crab's Brother »

Southeastern won by about 20.

I had a great view, but can't remember the final.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

AnkleBraces wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 9:37 pm Eastern Pike 60
Western Pike 57

Western was up 51-41 with 7:30 to go. Eastern went on 17-1 run and held on.
Eastern Pike was waaaaaaay underestimated heading into this season (myself included). Wins over Burg, Valley, and Western tell me they are a real D4 team.*

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

I agree. But the loss to waverly is odd. Just an off night I guess. It happens.

Hoopster98
Freshman Team

Post by Hoopster98 »

Eastern Pike is very tricky. They beat Valley, Burg, and Western but then lose to two of the worse teams in the SOC II Oak Hill & Waverly. When Eastern is hitting they are tough to beat. Interested to see how they do in 2nd half of season. I am glad to see Eastern has been playing well and hopefully can make some noise in D4.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

smurray wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:14 pm End of Three at Amanda
Huntington 48
Amanda 25

The Huntsmen must have hit 8 or 9 triples that quarter.
(the last word on this game last night)
smurray! do you have a final on this one?

AnkleBraces
Freshman Team

Post by AnkleBraces »

art_vandelay wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 10:18 am
AnkleBraces wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 9:37 pm Eastern Pike 60
Western Pike 57

Western was up 51-41 with 7:30 to go. Eastern went on 17-1 run and held on.
Eastern Pike was waaaaaaay underestimated heading into this season (myself included). Wins over Burg, Valley, and Western tell me they are a real D4 team.*
Western 2/13 from the line and probably gave up 30 points in transition.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

danicalifornia wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:02 pm
pfloyd wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:23 pm Needs scores for :

Southeastern
Portsmouth Clay

Amanda CC
Huntington

Spring Valley 62
Portsmouth 49
You’d think the SVC guy could help you with that, but you’d be wrong lol especially since I’m certain both won.
Huntington 54
Amanda 34 a final

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Post by Tigernation2021 »

transplant wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 10:29 am I agree. But the loss to waverly is odd. Just an off night I guess. It happens.
That Waverly loss might be a big wake-up call for them, they went into that game already thinking they had it won. Watching the game they simply looked like a team going through the motions, losses to Green, Oak Hill, Waverly and could’ve easily lost to Western tells me they’re playing down to their competition. Even JV game their guys were telling players how they only lost to Burg by 6 in JV no way we lose to you guys that’s a huge mentality problem if you’re telling players that in the middle of a game in which you’re losing. Game 2 of eastern and Waverly I look to be much different, also keeping in mind Waverly was without 2 guys. Also think we found we have a better lineup without 30 in, he was in foul trouble but offensively and defensively we’re just better with him on the bench and more of a role player.

BigGuy10
Varsity

Post by BigGuy10 »

Tigernation2021 wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:07 pm
transplant wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 10:29 am I agree. But the loss to waverly is odd. Just an off night I guess. It happens.
That Waverly loss might be a big wake-up call for them, they went into that game already thinking they had it won. Watching the game they simply looked like a team going through the motions, losses to Green, Oak Hill, Waverly and could’ve easily lost to Western tells me they’re playing down to their competition. Even JV game their guys were telling players how they only lost to Burg by 6 in JV no way we lose to you guys that’s a huge mentality problem if you’re telling players that in the middle of a game in which you’re losing. Game 2 of eastern and Waverly I look to be much different, also keeping in mind Waverly was without 2 guys. Also think we found we have a better lineup without 30 in, he was in foul trouble but offensively and defensively we’re just better with him on the bench and more of a role player.
Couple things: One, how do you know that exchange took place during the JV game? Did they tell you that? And secondly, you may have not meant any harm in saying this but it doesn't look too good when you single 1 specific kid out in a post saying he just needs to be on the bench cause he doesn't help us. Easier to just keep that comment to yourself.. after all, he is a HS kid and you're an adult.

Tigernation2021
Varsity

BigGuy10 wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:34 pm
Couple things: One, how do you know that exchange took place during the JV game? Did they tell you that? And secondly, you may have not meant any harm in saying this but it doesn't look too good when you single 1 specific kid out in a post saying he just needs to be on the bench cause he doesn't help us. Easier to just keep that comment to yourself.. after all, he is a HS kid and you're an adult.
Nope no harm meant but it was pretty apparent the lineup looked much more fluent with the group that was out there for a big part of the game. Didn't knock the kid, didn't say he couldn't play just said we looked better with him coming off the bench of more of a role player. Seems like you read more into it than anything guessing you're related to him; its ok just next time understand what was said. As to the 1st point probably because a player said it, LOL.

BigGuy10
Varsity

Post by BigGuy10 »

Tigernation2021 wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 6:19 pm

Nope no harm meant but it was pretty apparent the lineup looked much more fluent with the group that was out there for a big part of the game. Didn't knock the kid, didn't say he couldn't play just said we looked better with him coming off the bench of more of a role player. Seems like you read more into it than anything guessing you're related to him; its ok just next time understand what was said. As to the 1st point probably because a player said it, LOL.
Not related to him at all. Just a Waverly supporter and didn’t find it necessary to single a kid out. We gotta try and build them up. Waverly played hard and earned their first win. A nice team effort. Have a nice night

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Can't get win #2 UNTIL you get that first one - when you have a team which is trying to come together as a TEAM - one where everyone has figured out their roles, figured out their strengths & weaknesses - where COACHES have figured out the players strengths/weaknesses and roles ... it ALL takes time ... learning what it takes to get a TEAM win ??? ... "darn" hard ! especially for a group of kids trying to play "UP" to the varsity level strength, speed, quickness of opponents who in many cases have the varsity experience, have figured it out, have played with their TEAM for multiple seasons ... then throw in the "expectations" of the winning culture that Waverly has, has had - a difficult situation ... the struggles ARE real, the REWARDS ? priceless when things start coming together ... I personally wish nothing but the best for the new coaching staff - Coach Callihan/Coach Buckler, and the Tigers who are giving their best every time they walk on the court ... pfloyd wishes TEAM Tigers nothing but more successes as the season unfolds ...

BigGuy10
Varsity

Post by BigGuy10 »

pfloyd wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 9:56 pm Can't get win #2 UNTIL you get that first one - when you have a team which is trying to come together as a TEAM - one where everyone has figured out their roles, figured out their strengths & weaknesses - where COACHES have figured out the players strengths/weaknesses and roles ... it ALL takes time ... learning what it takes to get a TEAM win ??? ... "darn" hard ! especially for a group of kids trying to play "UP" to the varsity level strength, speed, quickness of opponents who in many cases have the varsity experience, have figured it out, have played with their TEAM for multiple seasons ... then throw in the "expectations" of the winning culture that Waverly has, has had - a difficult situation ... the struggles ARE real, the REWARDS ? priceless when things start coming together ... I personally wish nothing but the best for the new coaching staff - Coach Callihan/Coach Buckler, and the Tigers who are giving their best every time they walk on the court ... pfloyd wishes TEAM Tigers nothing but more successes as the season unfolds ...
Love it pfloyd!!

Tigernation2021
Varsity

BigGuy10 wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 9:43 pm
Tigernation2021 wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 6:19 pm

Not related to him at all. Just a Waverly supporter and didn’t find it necessary to single a kid out. We gotta try and build them up. Waverly played hard and earned their first win. A nice team effort. Have a nice night
Understandable and as you can see he wasn't singled out for his play at all, just a pretty easy observation that dates farther back to this game if we're being honest it goes back to +/- with players being on the court it's as simple as that really. Turnovers were kept to a minimum in this one, probably the first game we outrebounded the other team I'm guessing and obviously we finally let the team shoot three's and they were falling that night. Every player in the rotation has a role to play and without Hudson those roles will need to expand and be relied upon even more and I'm sure the players and coaches are trying to figure that very thing out moving forward. Heck I'm just happy we've scored the most post all season in back to back games as we were unable to crack 40 before the Hillsboro game.

Return to “Boys Basketball”