Point 69 RV 47

E High
All State

Re: Friday,2/10/23 games and scores

Post by E High »

muskiefan11 wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:56 pm Sheridan 39
John Glenn 33
Final
. JG appears to be getting ready for baseball n track. Nice pieces, but it isn’t working. New season ahead. Good luck 👍

Auntyjp
Waterboy

Post by Auntyjp »

Congratulations VC on your TVC Championship

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Seofanatic wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:46 pm
syyoung wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:33 pm Minford 64
Burg 28
Final

Kayser 31 on 14-18 shooting
:o Burg has been playing some great ball. Goes to show just how dominant Minford is.
First off, I have no idea what happened in this game other than seeing the final score, plus the fact that one of the Falcons scored 31 points. I know that Minford is a very good basketball team, but I also know that the Burg is a good basketball team. I'm just having trouble grasping that someone is going to beat the Burg by 36 points, let along hold the Burg to 28 points in addition to the game being played at the Burg. I know that it happened, I'm just a little puzzled as to how it happened ?

syyoung
Waterboy

Post by syyoung »

From what I seen from the game, Minford was all over Wheelersburg from the start defensively. They played a trap defense that Wheelersburg had a hard time dealing with and turned the ball over many times leading to transition baskets. The score was opened up late in the first, but Wheelersburg closed the first quarter hitting some big shots leaving it 14-10 Minford. The 2nd and 3rd quarter from Minford were as dominant as anything I've seen from them all season on both ends. Defense forcing turnovers. Rebounding very well. And at halftime, the Burg live stream stats showed Minford 50%. There was hardly any scoring to be spoken of in the 4th quarter due to the running clock, so most of what happened took place through 3. Montgomery even had what some would say was an off night. I think he still had 15 but I believe the announcers for the game had him at 6 for 21 at one point. I thought Wheelersburg did really well on him defensively. But as most know that have watched Minford play this year, they easily have 5 starters that can go over 20 any given night. They shoot well, rebound well, play great defense and don't turn the ball over excessively. Wheelersburg is an outstanding team. 2nd place in SOC and 6 seed in D3 is pretty impressive. Just a well played game by Minford.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

VetteMan wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:52 am
syyoung wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:33 pm Minford 64
Burg 28
Final

Kayser 31 on 14-18 shooting
:o Burg has been playing some great ball. Goes to show just how dominant Minford is.
First off, I have no idea what happened in this game other than seeing the final score, plus the fact that one of the Falcons scored 31 points. I know that Minford is a very good basketball team, but I also know that the Burg is a good basketball team. I'm just having trouble grasping that someone is going to beat the Burg by 36 points, let along hold the Burg to 28 points in addition to the game being played at the Burg. I know that it happened, I'm just a little puzzled as to how it happened ?
Perfect storm. Minford played at a high level. Burg looked lethargic and unenthusiastic.

Why minford is really good is they have three components in high school basketball that make you really good. Guard play, a lengthy wing player and post play.

The only weakness I see in them is depth. A team like Zane trace would give them fits because they could negate the post play a little but they definitely have the tools to get to regional pretty easy.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

South Gallia vs Symmes score?

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Congrats to the Green Bobcats

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
muskiefan11
JV Team

Post by muskiefan11 »

E High wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 12:24 am
muskiefan11 wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:56 pm Sheridan 39
John Glenn 33
Final
. JG appears to be getting ready for baseball n track. Nice pieces, but it isn’t working. New season ahead. Good luck 👍
Definitely agree, would be shocked if we beat Steubenville in the sectional. Too one dimensional on offense (Walker has no help scoring), take too many rushed shots, and don’t play hard on defense.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

wobycat wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:09 am

Perfect storm. Minford played at a high level. Burg looked lethargic and unenthusiastic.

Why minford is really good is they have three components in high school basketball that make you really good. Guard play, a lengthy wing player and post play.

The only weakness I see in them is depth. A team like Zane trace would give them fits because they could negate the post play a little but they definitely have the tools to get to regional pretty easy.
Thanks wobycat.

VCTailgater
Waterboy

Post by VCTailgater »

Congratulations VC! TVC Champs!
Congratulations Coach Kight for a TVC championship in your first year as Head Coach of the Vikings!

pembrook burrows III
JV Team

Post by pembrook burrows III »

Ironton 79
Portsmouth 64
Final

Ironton super-sophs lead way - Shaun Terry with 23 points, 5 assists, and Braden Schreck with 16 points, 10 rebounds, and 10 assists. The win (14-6, 10-3) clinches runner-up spot in OVC to South Point.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

wobycat wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:09 am

Minford is at least a Regional Final team. I don't think anybody in the Southeast District can beat them unless they have a real bad shooting night. Nobody down South has a kid that can guard Montgomery. True, Zane Trace has inside guys that can push them around, but ZT has to get there first. They will have to beat Wheelersburg and South Point.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Zane Trace will not beat Minford….

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Any score from last night for :

Symmes Valley vs South Gallia ??? I think that's the only one I'm missing ...

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

syyoung wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:30 am From what I seen from the game, Minford was all over Wheelersburg from the start defensively. They played a trap defense that Wheelersburg had a hard time dealing with and turned the ball over many times leading to transition baskets. The score was opened up late in the first, but Wheelersburg closed the first quarter hitting some big shots leaving it 14-10 Minford. The 2nd and 3rd quarter from Minford were as dominant as anything I've seen from them all season on both ends. Defense forcing turnovers. Rebounding very well. And at halftime, the Burg live stream stats showed Minford 50%. There was hardly any scoring to be spoken of in the 4th quarter due to the running clock, so most of what happened took place through 3. Montgomery even had what some would say was an off night. I think he still had 15 but I believe the announcers for the game had him at 6 for 21 at one point. I thought Wheelersburg did really well on him defensively. But as most know that have watched Minford play this year, they easily have 5 starters that can go over 20 any given night. They shoot well, rebound well, play great defense and don't turn the ball over excessively. Wheelersburg is an outstanding team. 2nd place in SOC and 6 seed in D3 is pretty impressive. Just a well played game by Minford.
Thank you. Good rundown as to what happened.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

smurray wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:06 pm Zane Trace will not beat Minford….
I agree but they are a team that could upset them because they could defend the paint.

Hookshot
Varsity

Post by Hookshot »

wobycat wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 3:03 pm
smurray wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:06 pm Zane Trace will not beat Minford….
I agree but they are a team that could upset them because they could defend the paint.
People who use words like can’t, won’t etc. especially in sports just do not know. Perhaps a loss or win is very unlikely or would be surprising or even shocking, but what about the Jets in the ‘69 Super Bowl? Buster Douglas? Villanova over Georgetown in ‘85?

Alvin1
Waterboy

Post by Alvin1 »

SV 50- SG 43

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Alvin1 wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 8:31 pmSV 50- SG 43
Thanks Alvin1 - greatly appreciated ... I couldn't find it anywhere ...

Return to “Boys Basketball”