D4 Tournament Thread

The Voice aka LR
Waterboy

Re: D4 Tournament Thread

Post by The Voice aka LR »

Donnie Hagglethorpe wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:21 pm How’s Thimble doing? Haven’t heard much about them lately. Surely Howdeee has them rolling into the tournament. Tell me he does.
The Men of Glouster are doing just fine thank you. Coach Howard has them boys working overtime to prep for waht we expect will be a deep and exciting tourney run. You heard it here first. No way Stewart beats us three times on the same season. We aint bred that way.

BasketballFan22
Riding the Bench

Post by BasketballFan22 »

93Bulldog wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:52 pm Could very well see (2) Fed vs (10) Trimble at Athens h.s.

Thank god we don't have to travel to Wellston.
Don't look over Eastern Pike just yet... When the kids come to play, they're a great all around team.

trampoline
Riding the Bench

Post by trampoline »

The Voice aka LR wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:35 am
Donnie Hagglethorpe wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:21 pm How’s Thimble doing? Haven’t heard much about them lately. Surely Howdeee has them rolling into the tournament. Tell me he does.
The Men of Glouster are doing just fine thank you. Coach Howard has them boys working overtime to prep for waht we expect will be a deep and exciting tourney run. You heard it here first. No way Stewart beats us three times on the same season. We aint bred that way.
now this is funny!

BasketballFan22
Riding the Bench

Tomcat Queen wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:16 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:11 pm
Farmer Yoder wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:04 pm I really believe Waterford has a great chance to beat Western Brown. Sony sleep on the cats!
Maybe…but Waterford is closer to Pennsylvania than Western High School. Western got the draw they wanted I’m guessing.

Western by 16
Yes they did, they certainly didn’t want to face Howie again. Howie would be on top of the refs this time and they wouldn’t get all the calls. Howie gets an easy game against Eastern and then the revenge game in the second round against Fed Hocker, if they make it.
Easy game against Eastern? I don't think you have watched Eastern play if you honestly believe that. When Eastern comes to play, they're an extremely talented team.

Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

BasketballFan22 wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:21 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:11 pm

Maybe…but Waterford is closer to Pennsylvania than Western High School. Western got the draw they wanted I’m guessing.

Western by 16
Yes they did, they certainly didn’t want to face Howie again. Howie would be on top of the refs this time and they wouldn’t get all the calls. Howie gets an easy game against Eastern and then the revenge game in the second round against Fed Hocker, if they make it.
Easy game against Eastern? I don't think you have watched Eastern play if you honestly believe that. When Eastern comes to play, they're an extremely talented team.
Howie’s boys will run them out of the gym if the refs don’t get us in foul trouble.

Don’t hate us just because you ain’t us.
Fullpress
Waterboy

Post by Fullpress »

The Voice aka LR wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:35 am
Your tomcats and “Howard” better pack a lunch for Eastern. I’d worry more about winning the first one cause you won’t win the second

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

5 games on the 20th

Symmes Valley vs East…..nice to see East push towards 10 wins but Symmes Valley by 14 at home

Manchester vs Southern….long long trip and Manchester is improving. Greyhounds by 9

New Boston vs Miller…another long trip and New Boston will move on in this one. NB by 18

Ironton St Joe vs Clay….ISJ advances on. ISJ by 19

South Gallia vs Eastern…..could be interesting. South Gallia at home though. SG by 11

Frequent Flyer
Riding the Bench

Post by Frequent Flyer »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:02 pm 5 games on the 20th

Symmes Valley vs East…..nice to see East push towards 10 wins but Symmes Valley by 14 at home

Manchester vs Southern….long long trip and Manchester is improving. Greyhounds by 9

New Boston vs Miller…another long trip and New Boston will move on in this one. NB by 18

South Gallia vs Eastern…..could be interesting. South Gallia at home though. SG by 11

Lets go St Jude! Beat them Cats

BasketballFan22
Riding the Bench

Tomcat Queen wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:47 pm
BasketballFan22 wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:21 pm

Howie’s boys will run them out of the gym if the refs don’t get us in foul trouble.

Are you seriously blaming the refs already? That's classy. Maybe, you should become an official.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

My picks:

Symmes Valley by 11, 2nd time in a week could keep it interesting through
Manchester by 14
New Boston by 12
ISJ by 14
Eastern by 2

Western24
Freshman Team

Post by Western24 »

danicalifornia wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 8:31 am

My picks:

Symmes Valley by 11, 2nd time in a week could keep it interesting through
Manchester by 14
New Boston by 12
ISJ by 14
Eastern by 2
Symmes by 16
Manchester by 18
New Boston by 8
ISJ by 25
SG by 6

Fairfield over Symmes, Western Over Waterford, PV over NB, Green over ISJ, Fed Hock over Manchester, Eastern over Trimble, Webster over Gallia, Whiteoak over ND.
Not a lot of upsets, but the only potential upsets I could see happening are ND game and Trimble game but I doubt that one.

Koondogger 2.1
Freshman Team

Post by Koondogger 2.1 »

Western Brown goes down in first game. You heard it hear first. Them boys is overrated.

Hoopster98
Freshman Team

Post by Hoopster98 »

Whiteoak is a tough opponent, but the way ND is playing and ND's size I think ND will come away with a tough victory. I think Trimble beats Eastern.

trampoline
Riding the Bench

Post by trampoline »

Hoopster98 wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:29 am Whiteoak is a tough opponent, but the way ND is playing and ND's size I think ND will come away with a tough victory. I think Trimble beats Eastern.
if eastern loses to trimble then they must not be very good. trimble is bad.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Don’t be surprised if Beaver hits 15 threes on Trimble.

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

trampoline wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 1:21 pm
Hoopster98 wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:29 am Whiteoak is a tough opponent, but the way ND is playing and ND's size I think ND will come away with a tough victory. I think Trimble beats Eastern.
I know that everyone is aware that Trimble teams create nicknames and motto’s for many of their teams, ie: hold the rope, mowhawk mafia, defense ministers, etc. They especially like to do this during playoffs. In that vein they have dubbed this year’s tourny run team “the gym runners.” By rotating 8 to 10 players in every game they plan to run teams out of the gym. Hence the name, “the gym runners.”

eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

Tomcat Queen wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 1:41 pm
I know that everyone is aware that Trimble teams create nicknames and motto’s for many of their teams, ie: hold the rope, mowhawk mafia, defense ministers, etc. They especially like to do this during playoffs. In that vein they have dubbed this year’s tourny run team “the gym runners.” By rotating 8 to 10 players in every game they plan to run teams out of the gym. Hence the name, “the gym runners.”
I’m sure Howsie has them running aplenty. But they ain’t running Fed Hock outta nowhere. If they even get that far.

Frequent Flyer
Riding the Bench

Post by Frequent Flyer »

eagle25 wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:59 am
Tomcat Queen wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 1:41 pm

[/
I’m sure Howsie has them running aplenty. But they ain’t running Fed Hock outta nowhere. If they even get that far.
Trimble and “Howsie” will get housed by Eastern. Could get ugly if they don’t call off the dogs.

Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 1:39 pm Don’t be surprised if Beaver hits 15 threes on Trimble.
I hope they try to beat us by shooting 3’s. That plays to our strengths. If they try that it’s off to play Fed Hocker for the Cats.

Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

Oh yeah, well we’ll show you. Howie will have our boys ready. You just wait and see. Thanks for the bulletin board material though. When we beat them you can say you helped us win.

Return to “Boys Basketball”