Chillicothe Boys Basketball

Ohio1234
JV Team

Chillicothe Boys Basketball

Post by Ohio1234 »

For years chillicothe basketball was one of the best programs in the area. For the past 4 or 5 years Chillicothe has fallen on hard times. Chillicothe started a new tradition with the cavapalooza basketball show case and it was a success, the energy, the fun and the young talent from middle school up is great. The young cavs are back in the mix. Mark my word southeastern Ohio is going to be surprised with the production of this years team, they will have some growing pains but I believe Coach Beard and staff have got them in the right direction cavs will compete for the FAC crown and within two years I look for this group to be back in the state picture. Excited for cavalier hoops again.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Re: Chillicothe Boys Basketball

Post by trojandave »

Ohio1234: I would like to see Chillicothe basketball on the rise again. One of the best programs in the SE district historically. When my Portsmouth Trojans scrimmaged the Cavaliers this summer, I noticed the all time Wins Board on the wall. CHS has 1,240 wins all time, and not too many schools in our district can say that. In addition, the 2008 D2 State Champions were one of the best teams to ever come out of our district.

I have campaigned for a long time to see Portsmouth and Chillicothe get back together again on the hardwood, and I believe that next year it will happen with the Trojans new coach Jeff Lisath who wants to upgrade the non-conference schedule, and at the same time wants to renew an old rivalry that was one of the most intense on PHS's schedule. Chillicothe is the 2nd most common opponent all time for Portsmouth, having played the Cavaliers 88 times, with CHS having a 45-43 lead after dominating the Trojans in the SEOAL a decade ago, winning 18 of the last 21 after PHS held a once commanding lead. The 2 schools have met 13 times in the tournament, either in the sectional or district, and the games were super intense, with the Trojans holding a 9-4 lead. Sadly, they haven't met in the postseason since 1976 due to PHS's big drop in enrollment.

Chillicothe always has athletes, so it's a mystery as to why the program has slipped to where it is. Give Coach Beard time and he will rise the Cavaliers again. It won't be long before he puts the SE district on notice that Chillicothe hoops is back.

BeatOfTheSEOhio
Waterboy

Re: Chillicothe Boys Basketball

Post by BeatOfTheSEOhio »

One senior, six juniors, one sophomore, three freshmen is what appears to be Chillicothe's varsity makeup. The opener with Bexley will be interesting.

Return to “Boys Basketball”