Best coach in SEO

Wellston Ironman
Freshman Team

Re: Best coach in SEO

Post by Wellston Ironman »

He is from Thimble. You expected better?

silly boy.

The BEST thing about people from Wellston is that they have JACKSON on their license plates!
Picket Fence
Riding the Bench

Post by Picket Fence »

Norm has a state championship. Just saying. I’m in no way a big Stormin’ Norman fan but his teams were prepared and heck, his Chesapeake team was the team to end my HS career many years ago.

Howie is very good. But Norm is amongst the best in the state. Blaine Maddox is up there as well…and he’s loyal to the Warren fanbase. Gardner from Marietta is the most impressive young coach I have seen in many years…the bad thing is he has no ties to the Marietta community and I’ve heard that he is possibility pursuing college coaching opportunities as an assistant. Coach Miller for Piketon is a wonderful young head coach as well. He played overseas and knows what it takes to develop as a player. Plus, he is a great dude, someone you want your children to be around and look up to.

DUNK1
Freshman Team

Post by DUNK1 »

Lots of kids can say he ended their career. Let’s be honest. You weren’t that good .

Picket Fence
Riding the Bench

Post by Picket Fence »

Dunk1…..sounds like you’re speaking Glousterese. Good luck to your team this year.

boss8
JV Team

Post by boss8 »

Best coach in SEO has to be Mark Duckworth…how many other guys have 400 combined JV and Freshmen wins?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Prater from Burg. He will end up being one of the greats. His pulse for in game situations is very very good. I think he could coach any sport and be successful. Sees competitive play very well.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

wobycat wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:00 pm Prater from Burg. He will end up being one of the greats. His pulse for in game situations is very very good. I think he could coach any sport and be successful. Sees competitive play very well.
I agree. I’m not a basketball guy but I enjoy watching his teams play and I can honestly say the burgs had teams in the past that I just didn’t enjoy watching because of the ways some of the kids acted on the court. Great hire

OVC
JV Team

Post by OVC »

I’ve always liked Barnes at Ironton. He’s had a lot of success at South Point, St Joe and now his second stent at Ironton. Also, staying in the OVC, you cannot doubt what Speed has done at Fairland. South Points coach is also solid. Vanderhoof always seems to get the best out of his kids and Coal Grove is competitive (even if their record doesn’t reflect it).

Contemplating all life choices and loyalties…
bc181700
Freshman Team

Post by bc181700 »

Deleted my long response... to sum it up with:
Show me a coach that kids WANT to play for... blood, sweat and tears included, and that's a great coach.

Records matter, but the imprint left is worth a lot more. There just isn't a HOF for that, unfortunately.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Very impressive what coach prater and his staff has done with this pirate team. The team is young and he has them in contention for not only winning the SOC but being the number 1 in the RPI.

But last night might have been his best coaching performance of his career. Ironton in all aspects was whipping burg in physicality and overall play. In addition to that the body language of his players wasn’t good and players were forcing shots and not playing through each other. In all likelihood, Ironton looked to run away with it but he motivated those kids to play better and came away with an impressive win.

He’s done a great job.

DUNK1
Freshman Team

Post by DUNK1 »

^^^ but he’s no Howie. Nuff said.

Return to “Boys Basketball”