WILL THE WHEELS FALL OFF FOR WILLERSBURHG 🚨🚨🚨

Elijah Craig
Freshman Team

Re: WILL THE WHEELS FALL OFF FOR WILLERSBURHG 🚨🚨🚨

Post by Elijah Craig »

greygoose wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:21 pm
The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:29 pm Burhg won’t make it much it farther against some real talent. They better hope they dodge the OVc
Honestly I don’t think there’s any pressure on burg come playoff time. My true belief is that South Webster has the most pressure by a wide margin as any team in the area and for sure SOC. With the talent they have bringing in Norm, playing big schools in season and taking on DIV come playoff time honestly if they don’t make it to at least elite 8 I would think the season was a failure.
that’s a great take. i agree with that. Burg is playing with house money!

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

packers80 wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:40 pm
The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:29 pm Burhg won’t make it much it farther against some real talent. They better hope they dodge the OVc
So, the Jeeps aren't real talent?
Clearly the Jeeps are real talent. That’s why they beat Wheelersburg on Wobys homecoming night. Minford is down this year they don’t count anymore.
First round exit for Wheesleburg

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:44 am
Clearly the Jeeps are real talent. That’s why they beat Wheelersburg on Wobys homecoming night. Minford is down this year they don’t count anymore.
I see you forgot that Burg beat SW by 10.

As for first round exit, put your money where your mouth is. How much you want to bet on that?

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

RBH23 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:23 am

As for first round exit, put your money where your mouth is. How much you want to bet on that?
You can’t afford to gamble with ole Swank.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:36 am

Sure I can. Message me privately how much you want to wager, and let’s do it.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

You don’t believe that

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Honestly I don’t think there’s any pressure on burg come playoff time. My true belief is that South Webster has the most pressure by a wide margin as any team in the area and for sure SOC. With the talent they have bringing in Norm, playing big schools in season and taking on DIV come playoff time honestly if they don’t make it to at least elite 8 I would think the season was a failure.
Yep…Jeeps definitely will have pressure come tourney time to get to Regionals, but they are peaking at right time. Roberts, when dialed in, can carry the Jeeps to State. Berlin Hiland will likely be standing in their way though in Regional Finals should they make it that far.

Only other team I can think of with close to those expectations are Minford in D3, and that’s just based on everybody in area knowing about this group since they were 3rd graders. They need to get Convo monkey off their back this year, and have the talent to win a District Championship.

Burg has gotten to this point a year earlier than I expected. The addition of Lattimore definitely has a lot to do with it. But also, their sophomores are playing at a high level every night, and Prater is putting himself in the conversation as one of the best coaches in area.

There’s been a lot of sniping this season between the schools on here. But I think you’re seeing 3 teams close in terms of talent that have provided us fans with some great conference games all season. Pretty crazy to think of the amount of basketball talent between 3 separate schools located no further than 10 miles away from each other.*

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

art_vandelay wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:42 pm
Yep…Jeeps definitely will have pressure come tourney time to get to Regionals, but they are peaking at right time. Roberts, when dialed in, can carry the Jeeps to State. Berlin Hiland will likely be standing in their way though in Regional Finals should they make it that far.

Only other team I can think of with close to those expectations are Minford in D3, and that’s just based on everybody in area knowing about this group since they were 3rd graders. They need to get Convo monkey off their back this year, and have the talent to win a District Championship.

Burg has gotten to this point a year earlier than I expected. The addition of Lattimore definitely has a lot to do with it. But also, their sophomores are playing at a high level every night, and Prater is putting himself in the conversation as one of the best coaches in area.

There’s been a lot of sniping this season between the schools on here. But I think you’re seeing 3 teams close in terms of talent that have provided us fans with some great conference games all season. Pretty crazy to think of the amount of basketball talent between 3 separate schools located no further than 10 miles away from each other.*
Well said. Definitely three talented schools this year.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

RBH23 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:49 pm

Well said. Definitely three talented schools this year.
Yes, very well said.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... good stuff as always art_vandelay ... I post on another thread that had South Webster not lost the 2 games without Coach Persin courtside, they would be clearly either #1 or #2 in my rankings, imo they have as talented a group of players 1-7 as ANY in SEO regardless of division, they have HIM in Roberts who can carry the team, they have Sommer who IS the MVP on that team imo, Timothy is excellent - one I feel will play an even bigger role in the post season for the Jeeps as will Barnard off the bench for SW ... Wheelersburg - the super-sophs of Rucker/McGraw/Bivens/Adkins/Evans - outstanding ... the glue, the MVP not only for the Burg team but maybe in all of SEO is Devon Lattimore - gives the TEAM what they need at the moment, in the particular game - makes the sophomores as good as they are and/or want to be ... I totally agree about Coach Prater - he IS one of the best in SEO ... Minford losing the depth that they had last season with the graduation of Hannah/Crank - Rhodes is excellent! but they have little offense off the bench ... Montgomery/Kayser/Shoemaker/Rhodes/Pica - excellent ... they have struggled with any one of the starters getting into foul trouble ... will be interesting to see how the Falcons do in the post season this year - will be watching the matchups for sure for Minford ...

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

RBH23 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:42 am

I ain’t got time to wait around for your taxes to come in 😂

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I never understood the “pressure” comments. Every team wants to get as far as they can.

Webster just by playing in d4 with a really good 6’ 7 player has the best chance of going the farthest. But they are definitely beatable.

And Burg and minford are good. But so are several ovc teams. You also have a senior heavy northwest team lurking. I don’t think any team in our area is heads above everyone else.

I can see burg webster and minford making a run but I can easily see them get upset especially in a one and done situation.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

D3 will be an absolute war. Some banger sectional finals. To even make the Convo, you will have earned it.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:40 pm

So you are all talk and no substance. About what I expected.

As for taxes, given your use of “ain’t” in a sentence, I see to whom my tax money goes.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

RBH23 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:58 pm

As for taxes, given your use of “ain’t” in a sentence, I see to whom my tax money goes.
Ain’t is most certainly in the dictionary and an informal contraction of “am not”. Also part of the Appalachian lexicon. Which I forgot you snob nosed willersburgh people aren’t part of Appalachia. Too high falutin’ for me. Look that word up, Toby.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:23 pm
RBH23 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:58 pm

Ain’t is most certainly in the dictionary and an informal contraction of “am not”. Also part of the Appalachian lexicon. Which I forgot you snob nosed willersburgh people aren’t part of Appalachia. Too high falutin’ for me. Look that word up, Toby.
And this is why Wheelersburg is the only 5-star rated school district in southeastern Ohio. 🤦‍♂️

Elijah Craig
Freshman Team

Post by Elijah Craig »

good take. Roberts is a special player and he has some pieces to go with him to carry the jeeps to at least a regional. Coach person job is to get them to the final four.

Minford has issues, i believe. they need to figure out who they are and who’s driving the bus. JMO

Burg is playing with house money. it is a year early and DL is as advertised. without him, burg loses 4-6 more games. he’s the MVP. i’m not ready to crown prater, not yet. he wins, motivates, let’s see how far he can get this team.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Is Prater just like Ryan Day? Born on third base?

Elijah Craig
Freshman Team

Post by Elijah Craig »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:59 pm Is Prater just like Ryan Day? Born on third base?
out of curiosity, who would you take for your coach

Prater or Fenton?

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Elijah Craig wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:21 pm
The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:59 pm Is Prater just like Ryan Day? Born on third base?
out of curiosity, who would you take for your coach

Prater or Fenton?
Prater squalls too much for me. He can’t even win on home coming night either.

Return to “Boys Basketball”