Congratulations Ryan Davis New Meigs basketball coach

Rolling Rock
Waterboy

Congratulations Ryan Davis New Meigs basketball coach

Post by Rolling Rock »

Congratulations Ryan Davis on officially being named Head Basketball Coach at Meigs High School at tonight's board meeting

baseball16
All State

Re: Congratulations Ryan Davis New Meigs basketball coach

Post by baseball16 »

Rolling Rock wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 9:53 pm Congratulations Ryan Davis on officially being named Head Basketball Coach at Meigs High School at tonight's board meeting
Big News: Along with his 6'7 Son Meigs has become a contender!

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

Congrats to Coach Davis. It is good to have him back in southern Ohio. I love to see good coaches in the Southeast District leading their communities and schools. This is a "Home Run" hire for Meigs.

Coach Davis did a heck of a job this past season winning a share of their league. That was an outstanding accomplishment with the squad he had.

With that being said I did not see Meigs play this past year but I did see B-C and his son play. If Meigs gets solid guard play next winter, Meigs will be very good with the talent his son brings.

Best of Luck to Coach Davis and Meigs H.S. I'm looking forward to the watching you play next winter.
Last edited by ItsMyOpinion on Fri May 10, 2024 12:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Cypress
Riding the Bench

Post by Cypress »

ItsMyOpinion wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 10:37 am Congrats to Coach Davis. It is good to have him back in southern Ohio. I love to see good coaches in the Southeast District leading their communities and schools. This is a "Home Run" hire for Meigs.

Coach Davis did a heck of a job this past season winning a share of their league. That was an outstanding accomplishment with the squad he had.

With have being said I did not see Meigs play this past year but I did see B-C and his son play. If Meigs has some solid guards play next winter, Meigs will be very good with the talent his son brings.

Best of Luck to Coach Davis and Meigs H.S. I'm looking forward to the watching you play next winter.
Meigs returns a lot.
Would be a favorite to win the TVC and a Sectional next year without Davis and his son.
With them, they will be one heck of a force.

Hosey Caadwell
Waterboy

Post by Hosey Caadwell »

Looks like I will just have to go with plan B and take the Eastern job since Meigs crawfished their way out of our deal.

itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

Cypress wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 11:23 am
ItsMyOpinion wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 10:37 am Congrats to Coach Davis. It is good to have him back in southern Ohio. I love to see good coaches in the Southeast District leading their communities and schools. This is a "Home Run" hire for Meigs.

With have being said I did not see Meigs play this past year but I did see B-C and his son play. If Meigs has some solid guards play next winter, Meigs will be very good with the talent his son brings.

Meigs returns a lot.
Would be a favorite to win the TVC and a Sectional next year without Davis and his son.
With them, they will be one heck of a force.
Are they even going be sectionals next year with all the divisions?

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Is that the same guy that coached Chesapeake some years ago?

peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

Yes, has been at Bloom Carroll for past two years.

SoutheastHoopsWizard
Waterboy

Post by SoutheastHoopsWizard »

Congrats to Coach Davis and the Meiggs community!

MarauderMadness
JV Team

Post by MarauderMadness »

I predict three years. The first two while his son is helping the Marauders will be the honeymoon period. Year three will be the year where some of the Marauder mommies will get mad because Coach is too tough and t hen they will run him off. I ve seen it time after time in this community.

Fletchlives
JV Team

Post by Fletchlives »

MarauderMadness wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 1:19 pm I predict three years. The first two while his son is helping the Marauders will be the honeymoon period. Year three will be the year where some of the Marauder mommies will get mad because Coach is too tough and t hen they will run him off. I ve seen it time after time in this community.
Agreed. Coach hill built a strong program and then they send him down the round. Ans the coach before him had back to back winning seasons in school history and they ran him out. No loyalty in that district.

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Fletchlives wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 6:06 pm
MarauderMadness wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 1:19 pm I predict three years. The first two while his son is helping the Marauders will be the honeymoon period. Year three will be the year where some of the Marauder mommies will get mad because Coach is too tough and t hen they will run him off. I ve seen it time after time in this community.
Agreed. Coach hill built a strong program and then they send him down the round. Ans the coach before him had back to back winning seasons in school history and they ran him out. No loyalty in that district.
Hill left on his own fyi

Live Like A Champion!
ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

I'm not sure Meigs has ever hired a basketball coach of Coach Davis's status. He is one of few southeastern Ohio coaches that have a regional championship on his resume. And that was at a school that had never won a regional championship in their school's history. I believe his status as one of the better coaches in all SE Ohio is not in question.

Meigs does have a history of being hard on basketball coaches but landing Davis is kind of uncharted territory for the Meigs faithful. I anticipate the Meigs parents and community will embrace the arrival of Coach Davis and understand not every kid in southern Ohio gets the opportunity to be coached by a coach with Davis's status. I think this is a great opportunity for Coach Davis and the entire Meigs community. I'm looking forward to watching Meigs over the next few years.

Cypress
Riding the Bench

Post by Cypress »

Logangrad wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 12:50 pm
Fletchlives wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 6:06 pm
Hill left on his own fyi
Hill didn't leave on his own.

Several have said Davis is only coaching for 2 years.

Maybe that's why they hired him. As the parents get mad, they can continue the revolving door of coaches at Meigs.

High Fade
Waterboy

Post by High Fade »

Hill resigned. Texted former players as such.

Welcome Coach Davis. You will do well. Regardless of location or team there will always be keyboard warriors.

Cypress
Riding the Bench

Post by Cypress »

Resignation was his only option.

Return to “Boys Basketball”