Riding the Bench

South Gallia beats Gallipolis in a barn burner 60-59 in OT

Post by Galliaguy »

Great game to watch and nice win for SG

Galliaguy
Riding the Bench

Re: South Gallia beats Gallipolis in a barn burner 60-59 in OT

Post by Galliaguy »

It was a great game to watch as a basketball fan and for SG to boost their confidence to what lies ahead of them.

PTownhoops
Riding the Bench

Post by PTownhoops »

Congrats to South Gallia and Coach Howell. Should help with confidence down the line.

JV Team

Post by 1906 »

great atmosphere

256pride
Riding the Bench

Post by 256pride »

Big win for the rebels but that loss is on the gallia coach! with 4 seconds left and the score tied @59 in ot the coach has to be telling his kids DONT FOUL ANYBODY! great game to watch

Rebels on 3
All State

Post by Rebels on 3 »

Major props to the administration and volunteers at last night's game. Everything ran very smoothly I thought. The gym was a little warm, but that's to be expected with over 600 people in there. I'm not sure of the exact number. It was an exciting game that's for sure.

Rebels on 3.....1-2-3 REBELS!!!!
The Inspector
Varsity

Post by The Inspector »

The wizard would have never had this happen to his squads! Some of his players would not have been allowed to foul. Just as they were not allowed to dribble or shoot it. They would have made 8 passes and lost 32-31

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

What ever happened to the fundamentals? The Blue Devils did not set a single pick in this ballgame. South Gallia set 2, which accounted for 2 open 3 point shots, which were both good.
Dis Osborne all you please, but at least his teams played fundamental basketball.

The Inspector
Varsity

Post by The Inspector »

Explain what kind of screen game and fundamentals that they did under Osborne that they dont do now if you dont mind?

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

I believe 5 of the coaches in this game played for Coach Osborne and even several of them had coached for him at one time or another.

Congrats to the Rebels on the win. Now the challenge to SG is to take this and build on it with a long tough season a head. Both teams played hard and can find positives. GA can find positives out of this game and take them and improve moving forward. Both teams still have over half the season left and lets be honest-Tournament time is what everyone remembers! It is always easy to point fingers at someone but all that does is make matters worse. Support the kids and let the coaches do their jobs!

Good Luck to Both SG and GA moving forward.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

I Believe GAHS is now 3-3 on the year and 2-2 inside the OVC. They are 0-0 in the SEOAL.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Osborne's teams would have been running plays, setting picks to get open shots, and would not have pushed the basketball with the lead and less than 2 minutes to play.
Just saying.
I am not a coach, just a casual observer.
No agenda.
Also, I think they would have took advantage (or at least attempted) of an obvious mismatch in the paint!

Rebelcat
All Conference

Post by Rebelcat »

GalliaGrad78 wrote:Osborne's teams would have been running plays, setting picks to get open shots, and would not have pushed the basketball with the lead and less than 2 minutes to play.
Just saying.
I am not a coach, just a casual observer.
No agenda.
Also, I think they would have took advantage (or at least attempted) of an obvious mismatch in the paint!
I know the mismatch you are speaking of. Lol. I would have just lobbed it in until SG adjusted. It was a huge mismatch but for whatever reason GA did not attack it. I really thought this was a tough matchup for SG in terms of size in the paint.

The Inspector
Varsity

Post by The Inspector »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

JV Team

Post by 1906 »

GAHS HAD PROBLEMS against the 1-3-1 gotta have the guard play to handle the pressure. wes had 18 so its not like he didn't touch the ball.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

I don't believe the mismatch was there when Wes was on the floor.

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

Good luck to both teams the rest of their season

Rebel Yell
Riding the Bench

Post by Rebel Yell »

It's just too bad GA had to play against kids who should be wearing their jerseys

Maybe someone will fix the train wreck in their athletic department

Until then we will gladly take their athletes !!!!

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Well i don't think the train wreck is as bad as everyone thinks. i think the biggest part of the train wreck is already fixed. Some of the biggest problems were coaches and athletic directors that were around for a ton of years. Sort of had a way of doing things. And that way is all the bad names that gallia gets for favoritism and politics. Some legit some not.

what most people don't see is a lot of it has stopped. But with stopping that so has the support of some boosters and influential people. Gallia is actually a more fair place to all athletes now then anytime i can remember. and my first dealings with playing with a port there bean in like 78 or 79.

This year for sports they have had just about as many transfer in as out. For a lot of years gallia had a bunch of kids transfer out. but no one cares when you are winning and also no one notices when you won't even schedule the other schools in the county. now that it happens it is more readily paid attention to.

I think the right approach is beginning to take effect for basketball. For football i have no idea where they are headed. We will no more next year not by wins or loses but by numbers. will he continue to get kids to come play who have never played before and can he get another big group of freshmen in the program. And how many of last years freshmen come back. then we will know.

The Inspector
Varsity

Post by The Inspector »

No 83...This place is a Train-Wreck...Like to see the people get behind Coach Riffe. But i doubt they will. A Cesspool of Politics,Perceptions,and Personal agendas....Until till you correct that,which I doubt ever happens, it will always be the same.

Return to “Boys Basketball”