SOC1/SOC2 Predictions

DirtyBalls1
Waterboy

Re: SOC1/SOC2 Predictions

Post by DirtyBalls1 »

Valley's Wolford, Linne, Rolfe and Howard were all in double digits last night I believe. This team is showing serious swagger right now. Go injuns!

RoundBall1
Waterboy

Post by RoundBall1 »

I'll still take the Injuns, as DirtyBalls likes to call em, in a sweep of the SOC 2. Showdown vs. Minford this Friday, may the best team win.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Wolford had 6 points last night. Linne and Howard added 12 each and Rolfe led with 18 (dropping his average to 21.0 per game).

asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

[quote="IWacthFromTheStands"]SOC 1 is going to have Clay come out on top again this year. They have too many good players on that team not to succeed. They have King at point guard who can outscore anyone in the league easily and he's also a PG that can see the court very well. Watching King play a few games last year was amazing especially his game at Clay versus Eastern. Hinze adds some height and can shoot the ball well along with Gilliland who can rebound very well and score at will if needed inside or outside. Fun team to watch and I plan on watching a lot of their games this year.[/quodo you still feel the same way?

Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

asb wrote:
IWacthFromTheStands wrote:SOC 1 is going to have Clay come out on top again this year. They have too many good players on that team not to succeed. They have King at point guard who can outscore anyone in the league easily and he's also a PG that can see the court very well. Watching King play a few games last year was amazing especially his game at Clay versus Eastern. Hinze adds some height and can shoot the ball well along with Gilliland who can rebound very well and score at will if needed inside or outside. Fun team to watch and I plan on watching a lot of their games this year.[/quodo you still feel the same way?
tou do realize that half way through conference schedule Clay has 2 losses and East is undefeated in conference.

TheSportsGuy
Freshman Team

Post by TheSportsGuy »

I believe Clay has 3 league losses (Eastern, East, ND). Going to be tough for them now, but they are good enough to play a factor in who wins the league.

ND vs. Eastern tonight will also cause some separation near the top. East is in the driver seat, and has done a nice job putting themselves in position to win it. There is a lot of basketball left though.

I think the current league standings look like this (corrections appreciated) :

1. East 6-0
2. Eastern 5-1
2. Notre Dame 5-1
4. Clay 3-3
5. Western 2-4
5. Green 2-4
5. Symmes Valley 2-4
6. New Boston 0-6

TripleDouble
JV Team

Post by TripleDouble »

Just Curious, I know east beat both Clay and Eastern at East. Was there win against ND at ND or at East?

Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

TripleDouble wrote:Just Curious, I know east beat both Clay and Eastern at East. Was there win against ND at ND or at East?
At ND. 2nd game of year. Don't really understand why you would play a league game so early. You would think you would want to play a bunch of games first to get the bugs worked out. But both teams were in same situation.

asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

Mailman wrote:
asb wrote:
IWacthFromTheStands wrote:SOC 1 is going to have Clay come out on top again this year. They have too many good players on that team not to succeed. They have King at point guard who can outscore anyone in the league easily and he's also a PG that can see the court very well. Watching King play a few games last year was amazing especially his game at Clay versus Eastern. Hinze adds some height and can shoot the ball well along with Gilliland who can rebound very well and score at will if needed inside or outside. Fun team to watch and I plan on watching a lot of their games this year.[/quodo you still feel the same way?
tou do realize that half way

through conference schedule Clay has 2 lossesand East is undefeated in conference.[/

Thats why i asked lol

asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

Mailman wrote:
TripleDouble wrote:Just Curious, I know east beat both Clay and Eastern at East. Was there win against ND at ND or at East?
At ND. 2nd game of year. Don't really understand why you would play a league game so early. You would think you would want to play a bunch of games first to get the bugs worked out. But both
at ND by 15....ND had already played a couple games before that (Portsmouth and Greenup/South point)...that was East first game. ND is a very good team and will cause alot of teams issues. I love their coach. I like ND tonight in a tight one.

asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

What may come back to hurt East is they lost 8-12 points per game , 6-8 rebounds per game,a couple block shots per game and alot of hustle when Eaton quit. Someone will need to consistently deliver for East to play how they started the season. Remember they didn't lose until he quit(he was a starter) I believe theyre are picking the pieces up now. Time will tell

Blue33
Freshman Team

Post by Blue33 »

But you have #12 that has settled into the scheme and has plenty of "hustle" to take up the slack.

Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

asb wrote:
Mailman wrote:
At ND. 2nd game of year. Don't really understand why you would play a league game so early. You would think you would want to play a bunch of games first to get the bugs worked out. But both
at ND by 15....ND had already played a couple games before that (Portsmouth and Greenup/South point)...that was East first game. ND is a very good team and will cause alot of teams issues. I love their coach. I like ND tonight in a tight one.
Just some info, It was 2nd game. Portsmouth was a scrimmage.
Played Point on 11/28, East on 12/4, St Joe on 12/5, Greenup on 12/10.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

With Burg's win over Minford what is the current standing in the SOC II? Should be a nice run for the league championship.

RoundBall1
Waterboy

Post by RoundBall1 »

Not sure of the rest, but I know Valley/Minford both are at 1 with only one conference loss, and Wheelersburg only has 2.

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

burg seems to be playing good ball right now put themselves right in the mix as one of the top teams in soc.

GO EAGLES
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Burg I believe has 2 conference losses. Minford and Valley have 1 each.

Not sure if Valley and Burg play again, but I know Valley and Minford square off in a couple weeks and that game could very well determine the winner.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Bleeding Red wrote:Burg I believe has 2 conference losses. Minford and Valley have 1 each.

Not sure if Valley and Burg play again, but I know Valley and Minford square off in a couple weeks and that game could very well determine the winner.
burg plays at valley on feb 8th

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
JustPlayBasketball12
Riding the Bench

Post by JustPlayBasketball12 »

Valley will win SOC II, they play very well at home.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

JustPlayBasketball12 wrote:Valley will win SOC II, they play very well at home.
Yes they do. I think Burg has a chance to pull what would be the upset and the Minford game should be a dandy. Minford will have just as many fans as Valley and the 10 minute drive doesnt really give either team home field advantage when they play each other.

Return to “Boys Basketball”