OFFICIAL 2016 POST SEASON THREAD - CONVO

TVC
Varsity

Re: OFFICIAL 2016 DISTRICT TOURNAMENT THREAD

Post by TVC »

Go up town between games. Have a beer or two or ten. Enjoy the views and wish you were 18 again. Then return and watch the final two games while peeing often.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

GalliaGrad78 wrote:Good deal, maybe. But, what if you would like to watch all 4 games? Are you gonna go sit in the car for 2 hours? Providing they don't clear the parking lots, or maybe just pay to park again as well? I would rather pay more up front to see all 4 games without the break. But hey, that's just me.
They would certainly sell me a lot more food that way as well!! lol
Head on down to Larry's Dawghouse and grab a couple footlong hotdogs and some of the best shakes in town. Or head up the hill to Bdubs and have some wings and a couple beers.
If the weather is nice, take a walk around campus and enjoy the half naked 20 year Olds... er I mean the great views on campus.

You could drive up to the ridges and walk around for a while. You have plenty of options :mrgreen:

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
bball30
Freshman Team

Post by bball30 »

Good choices. And it appears perfectly obvious that the team with the better free throw defense is clearly at an advantage this time of the year. That according to an analysis of the posts on the other threads.

PTownhoops
Riding the Bench

Post by PTownhoops »

Steak sandwich and a FISH BOWL.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

hahaha FISH BOWL? You comin to Atown to watch hoops or get plastered?

lol

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

:roll:
93Bulldog wrote:hahaha FISH BOWL? You comin to Atown to watch hoops or get plastered?

lol
Why not do both? :mrgreen:

It is Athens after all!

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
PTownhoops
Riding the Bench

Post by PTownhoops »

Bulldog, Can only eat/drink for about 1 1/2 hour with the half hour walk. Students are on Spring break so it won't be that crowded. Been doing the steak sammys and fish bowl's for 35 yrs.

Have to drink to watch some of those teams play. Basketball in S/E Ohio not what it use to be.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

MyOpinion wrote:Without question the Southeast District runs the best district tournament in the state. Over the years I have watched district games in the Eastern District, Central District, Northeast District and Southwest District. There is no comparison when it comes to venue, price and location. I would say the Southeast District is a little spoiled with their tournaments.
Yeah, I agree.

The "Convo" is an incredible icon that kids grow up aspiring to play at, titles on the line and always a great atmosphere. As much as I grew up idolizing the Fairgrounds Coliseum in the same regards, in the waning years of them hosting part of the statewide tournament I found that a) it was too expensive for me to casually take in the games, b) it was too expensive for me to consider coming out & supporting kids that I knew, c) the overall feel of the building and atmosphere sucked (I was there at Watterson/Cols. Brookhaven, one of the last games they hosted and there was no energy or excitement during warm-ups or the game itself), d) the people that put it on - from the ticket takers to the PA guy - at least to me, saw it as something as they had to do as opposed to something they loved to do (which I've found the latter enthusiasm to be true @ the Convo). e) Getting there coming off I-71, finding a spot, walking there, having to wait outside because the entrance is too small, walking back, and trying to get out probably accounted for an hour or two out of my day alone, and accounted for a bunch of dismay. Whereas at the Convo, I can easily get there, park in the garage by the Baker Center, get out pretty easily, and best of all get to wait in line INSIDE(!).

The Convo, the people there that dedicate their free time there for the kids, and the overall experience > those districts you mentioned.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Nice to see a lot of Athens people in Reynoldsburg last night for the dunk show
Pickerington central 54
Walnut ridge 31

Watson 22 points

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Raider6309 wrote:Nice to see a lot of Athens people in Reynoldsburg last night for the dunk show
Pickerington central 54
Walnut ridge 31

Watson 22 points
Walnut Ridge beat Pick Central earlier in the season, that's a solid win for them.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Walnut ridge just didn't have the guards to compete in D1. Ma'lik Harrison is a freak athlete.just be a great target for Burrow at WR

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

CHAMPIONSHIP SATURDAY STARTS WITH A DOOZY!

TRIMBLE vs WATERFORD AT NOON.

Game can be heard live on wxtq.com

sportsfan2015
Freshman Team

Post by sportsfan2015 »

Radio for the Fairland game ?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

REGIONAL SCHEDULE & RECORDS ARE UPDATED ...

http://trivalleyconference.com/Convo.html

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Raider6309 wrote:Walnut ridge just didn't have the guards to compete in D1. Ma'lik Harrison is a freak athlete.just be a great target for Burrow at WR
Ma'lik Harrison is a freak of nature! I'm hoping they switch him to TE at OSU, he'll be unstoppable.

Look at these highlights of him on the basketball floor if you get a second. Dunk city!

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4043114/hig ... /259642378

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Re: OFFICIAL 2016 POST SEASON THREAD - CONVO

Post by Raider6309 »

Those were pretty good. He had a monster dunk vs Pick central but he couldn't guard Ibi

Rodeo1
Varsity

Post by Rodeo1 »

Lynchburg Clay 53- Chesapeake 48 .Final in ot. Way to play Mustangs out of the SHAC. Elite 8. Survive and advance.

Rodeo1
Varsity

Post by Rodeo1 »

Congrats Lynchburg Clay. The dream season continues. Way to close out at the convo tonight. We in southeast Ohio are with you as are the rest of the SHAC. Here in Peebles Ohio we have Mustang Pride. I too am making a trip to Columbus to cheer you on.

Rodeo1
Varsity

Post by Rodeo1 »

Congrats to Wilmington. Advancing to the final 4.

Rodeo1
Varsity

Post by Rodeo1 »

Has anyone heard the summit country day vs roger bacon regional final score yet out of the dayton regional bracket.

Return to “Boys Basketball”