Portsmouth at Northwest....11/30

u_kno_me
Freshman Team

Portsmouth at Northwest....11/30

Post by u_kno_me »

How will this game be? Portsmouth is coming off a win in OT against a tough minford team. Northwest coming off a loss to a very good piketon team...

bucknut 23
Varsity

Post by bucknut 23 »

Portsmouth by 15

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

I'll take Northwest.

Northwest has battled hard against some very good competition so far, so I just see them getting over the hump here.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Dont see Portsmouth losing in this game. Northwest might want to whatch out for Williams of Portsmouth. I believe he is number 24. You can't stop him. You can only hope to contain him. Portsmouth by 20.

trojan7
JV Team

Post by trojan7 »

Hopefully Portsmouth can avoid foul trouble early and your right FalconFan Anthony Williams is a TREMENDOUS player and has a very good future ahead of him if he continues to improve....Good Luck Trojans!!!

Out of Bounds
Varsity

Post by Out of Bounds »

If Portsmouth loses this game everybody has over estimated the talent of the Trojans. I saw NW play and if PHS doesn't pound it inside they won't be taking advantage of the mismatches the have. I think NW can be pressed too. They're back court isn't the strongest. Piketon didn't press till late and I think that was the difference of the game.

u_kno_me
Freshman Team

Post by u_kno_me »

Yes williams is a very good player and Portsmouth has a lot of talent..but so does Northwest they have spriggs and leslie those two could EXPLODE at any minute. But Northwest needs to take care of the ball and I believe that they could very well win this game by more than 10..

REDMEN FAN
Freshman Team

Post by REDMEN FAN »

Portsmouth

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

its early in the season, so I think ALL teams will strugle for a few weeks, until they get basketball ready, hard to get a grip on how good anyone is going to be this early.

but one thing mentioned, is YES, we have to work on foul trouble.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Hopefully our Trojans will push their record to 2-0.

NICKNEVADA
All Conference

Post by NICKNEVADA »

PHS 77-61

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

Post by JIMMY THE GREEK »

Should be a good game...don't underestimate Northwest.

u_kno_me
Freshman Team

Post by u_kno_me »

Yeah, this should be a pretty good game! NW need to not turn the ball over

u_kno_me
Freshman Team

Post by u_kno_me »

Yeah, this should be a pretty good game! NW need to not turn the ball over

Ptown Playmaker
Varsity

Post by Ptown Playmaker »

GO TROJANS!!!

jumpman
Freshman Team

Post by jumpman »

Northwest 69
Portsmouth 59

Good win for the Mohawks. Anyone have any stats?

u_kno_me
Freshman Team

Post by u_kno_me »

Yes, very good win for NW also this was a very physical game! That spriggs kid could not get his shot to fall tonight but the other players stepped up a lot. Northwest is a lot better than everyone is saying.

I think leslie had 21 pts, crabtree had 15 pts, and spriggs had a double double with 12 pts and 10 rebs. Not offical so don't hold me to those.

Williams for Portsmouth did not do much at all, but that little point guard ptown has is pretty good. Sorry don't know his name.

GO MOHAWKS!!!!!!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

point gaurd fro the trojans is Corey Reevesm he finished with 29 points.

congrats on the win to the Mowhawks, look forward to seeing you all come to P town later on.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Congratulations to the Mohawks on the win. Hank Leslie had a very good game for Northwest in the paint.

In fairness to Anthony Williams, he had been battling sickness this week and did not look at full strength at all. Nevertheless, the Mohawks deserved to win the game. They simply played better than we did.

Cory Reeves had a very good night scoring for Portsmouth, but overall the Trojans had a tough night shooting wise against the Mohawks' zone defense, and turnovers also cost PHS.

The Trojans will get better, and there's plenty of basketball ahead of us to do so.

GO TROJANS!!!

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Congrats to the Mohawks on a big win.

Return to “Boys Basketball”