ALL-TIME SVAC TEAM

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

I figured you old Gallia county guys would appreciate that and not be offended by my words as it was all in fun.

Mike is a super guy. I know him from way back, although i have not spoken with him in a while.

P.huck
Waterboy

Re: ALL-TIME SVAC TEAM

Post by P.huck »

The first team would be the 1980 Southern team and the second team would the 1982 Southern team.....they almost won it all. How can you deny them?

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

P.huck wrote:The first team would be the 1980 Southern team and the second team would the 1982 Southern team.....they almost won it all. How can you deny them?

Yes I have heard they did. Don't they have a banner or two that says "Almost Champions?" Thats what old "Dog" says anyway. :lol:

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

The good thing about the early 90's teams at HT was they were a TEAM. You could see them at all times on the Crown City courts. 90% of their team would be there. I remember all the times that fairland would bring their team to Crown City and would would play all day. Ramey, Hughes, Galloways, and all of them. Not to mention the older graduates of HT like Billy Swain, Petro, Mark and Dale Sheets, Tim Brumfield, Steve Jarrell and Jay Jarrell, Mike Waugh, Randy Green, Bill and Baisel Baily, Scott Rankin, Barnes boys, Mike Rossiter, Randy James, and etc.... Those older guys made us work hard to beat them. Now kids dont even hang outside their schools only when its time to party.

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

But I have been told some coaches can get todays players to run through brick walls. :lol:

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

U dont have a clue...Prolly one of those x-players that got cut from a team that only had 8 players on it. Just upset at coaches who gets proud of their players for working hard. You just wish it was you. You are one of those guys that come back to alumni games with something to prove. But the truth is that NOBODY cares!!!!

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

futurebkstar wrote:U dont have a clue...Prolly one of those x-players that got cut from a team that only had 8 players on it. Just upset at coaches who gets proud of their players for working hard. You just wish it was you. You are one of those guys that come back to alumni games with something to prove. But the truth is that NOBODY cares!!!!

I do have a clue. I don't participate in alumni games. I leave that to you fella's that are reliving whatever you feel like you missed in high school. As for what I posted, YOU must care cause you responded. :lol: No go get them kids ramming their heads into the bricks will ya. :mrgreen:

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

We dont have any close walls in our new schools. Its surrounded by bleachers. I hope that will work for you. The reason you dont play is because alumni means you have had to play in the first place. So you really dont have nothing to RELIVE!!! Thats cool, just stay a fan.

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

I don't have anything to relive, because I am very content with my life now. It is ok that you are not, and feel you have to relive the past. Really, it's ok. My coach always told us, "in 5 years if high school sports are still the highlight of your life you probably haven't done much." I always remembered that, and tried to keep high school memories where they belong. As memories. Obviously you have not moved on. Now about those brick walls... :lol:

theassassin
All State

Re:

Post by theassassin »

Tubby wrote:gatorbaitneedstolearnhowtopunctuatehissentencesmaybeifhespentasmuchtimestudyingashedidplayingballhewou
ldknowwhataperiodorcommawas

this thread came outta nowhwere...... 2 yrs old, almost to the day.

i see some things havent changed... just waiting on gatorbait to chime in.

hey tubby i nominate the above post of yours for the hall of fame... great one. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Boys Basketball”