NICKNEVADA
All Conference

HUNT ROSS VS PIKETON THOUGHTS?

Post by NICKNEVADA »

PIKETON 68-65

Sports 101
Varsity

Post by Sports 101 »

Piketon cant let kellough get hot in the first quarter like they did last time. last time these teams played the streaks out scored the huntsmen every quarter but the 1st. they need to slow it down and dont let the kellough boys leak out on fast breaks!

Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

This should be a good one. My heart says the Streaks come out on top, but my head says...

Better get there early, as seating will be at a premium. I'll have my reserved seat, though. Hope the Piketon fans get into it from the start.

someoverkill
JV Team

Post by someoverkill »

I believe Piketon wins over Ross, by 10 points

OSU BUCKS FAN
Freshman Team

Post by OSU BUCKS FAN »

one word "BARNBURNER"!!!!!

justacommontator
Waterboy

Post by justacommontator »

Huntington by 15.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

It's just Huntington, there's no other Huntington in the state, so they are just Huntington. There are 2 Southeasterns, so I guess you could use Southeastern Ross.

I'll take Huntington by 8. Too much guard play and Cottrill and Trusty will have big games overall on the inside. Should be a fun ballgame though.

panthermama
Waterboy

Post by panthermama »

No, but there is a Huntington St. Joe, and Huntington, WV school that people talk about on here. I believe they are different school, maybe not, but the Ross helps me know if it is the SVC school or not.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

panthermama wrote:No, but there is a Huntington St. Joe, and Huntington, WV school that people talk about on here. I believe they are different school, maybe not, but the Ross helps me know if it is the SVC school or not.

Exactly. I always refer to them as Huntington Ross because of Huntington, WV and Huntington St Joe, WV. Lots of the local teams down here play both of those WV schools, so if we just say Huntington it could cause some confusion. It is done with any disrespect, just so there is no confusion on which Huntington it is.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
Onthefence
Freshman Team

Post by Onthefence »

Sometime I have the same problem when people refer to their school as "BURG". Where I am located I don't know if it's Wheelersburg or Mechanicsburg. I depends on where you live. Just got to know who and where they are talking about. The clarification sometimes helps..

Out of Bounds
Varsity

Post by Out of Bounds »

Should be a better game with the Streaks @ home. I don't think you try to press HHS. They're guards are too good. Piketon has played various defenses all year. So hopefully they keep changing up the defenses (different zone looks and in and out of man to man) and sit down guard and try to keep HHS on they're heals a little. Piketon has a deeper bench....so I say be physical and take it to them. Don't let HHS get into a rythem. Sounds easy huh? It should come down to the wire. I wish I could be there.

sportsnut614
Waterboy

Post by sportsnut614 »

Huntington wins 61-45. Josh Kellough stepped up his game in the 2nd half and the defense kicked it up a notch. I thought Piketons coach give up on his team early in the fourth qtr.

Army
S

Post by Army »

sportsnut614 wrote:Huntington wins 61-45. Josh Kellough stepped up his game in the 2nd half and the defense kicked it up a notch. I thought Piketons coach give up on his team early in the fourth qtr.

Good Job Huntington-Ross :!:

Sports 101
Varsity

Post by Sports 101 »

Only down 10 or so and puts in the back ups, i would have waited until 1:30 or under. but i think the huntsmen just made some good half time adjustments and out played my streaks down the stretch, but im sure coach lisath will have his kids ready for mifflin!

Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.

Return to “Boys Basketball”