Waterford 14-2 @ Fort Frye 15-2

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Marietta is horrible and only lost to South by 7.Federal Hocking is so good that that lost to South by 30 plus does that make Marietta 20 points better then Federal Hocking no.You can not compare scores in basketball.TVC Hocking is a Joke.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

Who said, "Federal Hocking is definitely better than Fort Frye," on this thread?

Nobody that I have seen.

Yes yes, the Eastern District is amazing. They have made many runs to the state championship game and final four, just like North Adams. Thank you sir, for reminding us about how terrible our league is every year. You are an original thinker, and the first one to ever make such claims.

Jeez man, I'm glad you came along. I was almost thinking Fed Hock has a good team this year. I'm relieved that you set me straight. We wouldn't want anyone to be excited about their team. Wheew....thank you.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Just being realistic.You think Southeast is going to the FINAL 4 in D3?

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

EasternDspy wrote:Just being realistic.You think Southeast is going to the FINAL 4 in D3?

It's as likely as Fort Frye going. I don't care about Waterford's motivation. Any team Waterford beats twice by double-digits, will not be making the Final Four in D3.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I am not a FF fan

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I actually live in Macksburg

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

EasternDspy wrote:I actually live in Macksburg

Ok. However, I read the SE District Challenge thread, and you listed FF as a team more likely to get to the final four than Wheelersburg.

I would take South Point, Fairland, Chesapeake, and Wheelersburg all straight up over FF.

Let's put it this way. I was told by someone who should know, that Fairland was just as athletic as Fed Hock but much taller. Fairland won at FH by 14 to 16. South Point beat Fairland twice, and Fairland split with Peake.

I won't take FH over FF straight up, because I am bias and fear I can't make an accurate assessment of them.

However, no way Waterford ever....ever beats any of the teams I have talked about by double-digits TWICE. I don't care if they have a Rocky-esque chip on their shoulder, they absolutely would not beat Fairland anywhere by double digits.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I said Garaway,Tusky Valley,Martins Ferry,St Clairsville, Or Fort Frye will make it to the final 4 before any team out of the southeast.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

EasternDspy wrote:I said Garaway,Tusky Valley,Martins Ferry,St Clairsville, Or Fort Frye will make it to the final 4 before any team out of the southeast.

"you listed FF as a team more likely to get to the final four than Wheelersburg"

I think those say pretty much the same thing. Maybe FF is not your top choice, but they are listed as a team more likely to make it than any SE district team. I disagree, but know nothing of the other teams listed.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I am just saying the team that wins the New Philly district will win the regional over teams like South Point,North Adams,Adena,WBURG,Huntington and Fairland.Garaway is 6th state lead by Tyler Gerber and 6-7 freshman Paul Honingford.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

Ok. I have no idea about any of those teams, except Fort Frye. I'll take your word for it.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye will probably get beat by Tusky Vally first game at New Philly anyway.TV beat them last year and returns 4 starters.Kane and Glasser are very good players.Tusky Valley will have a tough Sectional games Vs Martins Ferry though.MF is lead by Sharp shooting Sabatino and good guard Derek Edwards.

NEW Philly District
Union Local 10-9 vs Fort Frye 15-4
vs
Martins Ferry 15-4 vs TV 10-7 play in a d2 and d1 league. PAC 7

Garaway 16-3
vs
St Clairsville former D2 school playing in the OVAC title game 15-4

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

EasternDspy wrote:Fort Frye will probably get beat by Tusky Vally first game at New Philly anyway.TV beat them last year and returns 4 starters.Kane and Glasser are very good players.Tusky Valley will have a tough Sectional games Vs Martins Ferry though.MF is lead by Sharp shooting Sabatino and good guard Derek Edwards.

NEW Philly District
Union Local 10-9 vs Fort Frye 15-4
vs
Martins Ferry 15-4 vs TV 10-7 play in a d2 and d1 league. PAC 7

Garaway 16-3
vs
St Clairsville former D2 school playing in the OVAC title game 15-4

If you know so much about these Eastern District teams, why are you wasting your (and our) time posting on Waterford/Fort Frye/Federal Hocking threads?

Orestes- thanks for taking care of the lite work. Buenos Dias.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

GW - That would be "Gracias". :razz:

We have a Puddlehead potstirrer who just joined, and wants to infect SEOPREPS. Best just to ignore the malcontent....... ;-)

Doing someone else's Dirty Work....
g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

SD- Why would I say thanks twice? LOL

Good Day means I'm done. LOL

See ya, on this thread and poster.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

GW - You have a PM.

Prodigy
Freshman Team

Post by Prodigy »

I have watched both Fed Hock and Fort Frye play. Either team is very deep, Jarrod Arnold an score, no doubt but he doesnt play any defense. Kory Williams would be guarded by Tyler Stevens and wouldnt get much penetration as Stevens is one of the best on the ball defenders in the area. If these two teams met up, it would be a low scoring game. Thompson would be able to handle Vales in the post, they would kind of cancel each other out. Arnold and Smith are both offensive threats, more so Arnold than Smith, but both dont play much D. McCune would be defended my Mason Lang, another great on the ball defender. That leaves the other 2 starters, Brandt Thieman and Jared Gandee, in which Theiman is about 4 inches taller and can jump, i think Thieman would have his way with Gandee. If these two teams hooked up, i would say Fort Frye wins something like 45-40

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Now I will truly date myself. Potato, potatoe, I say tomatoe.......

Good grief, these comparisons remind me of he said, she said, debates when I was a kid :lol: :lol:

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

Prodigy wrote:I have watched both Fed Hock and Fort Frye play. Either team is very deep, Jarrod Arnold an score, no doubt but he doesnt play any defense. Kory Williams would be guarded by Tyler Stevens and wouldnt get much penetration as Stevens is one of the best on the ball defenders in the area. If these two teams met up, it would be a low scoring game. Thompson would be able to handle Vales in the post, they would kind of cancel each other out. Arnold and Smith are both offensive threats, more so Arnold than Smith, but both dont play much D. McCune would be defended my Mason Lang, another great on the ball defender. That leaves the other 2 starters, Brandt Thieman and Jared Gandee, in which Theiman is about 4 inches taller and can jump, i think Thieman would have his way with Gandee. If these two teams hooked up, i would say Fort Frye wins something like 45-40

throwitdown
Freshman Team

Post by throwitdown »

Prodigy, you do make some sense, thats kind of how i feel in breaking down a fort frye-fed hock matchup. However, fed hock is a much hotter team right now headed into the tourneys than is fort frye. Tusky Valley is very good too. Fort Frye will have a tough time with them.

Return to “Boys Basketball”