Prayers for a GREAT Person. Any Updates on Pfloyd?

WIFAN-22
Varsity

Re: Prayers for a GREAT Person. Any Updates on Pfloyd?

Post by WIFAN-22 »

Keep up the winning attitude! Glad to hear things went well. Prayers for you.....

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... thanks skidaddy ... my understanding is that the treatments will make me somewhat tired BUT that can be dealt with ... soreness in the bones ( the Leukine is meant to build up the immune system by increasing white blood cells in the bone marrow) - again that can be dealt with ... irritation around the area where the shots are administered (thighs) is pretty much the common complaint from those taking this treatment - again that can be dealt with ... as far as watching hoops goes => I WILL BE watching/doing recaps of hoops in the post season ... as I said I go to The James to give myself my first treatment tomorrow morning - I have parent/teacher conferences tomorrow evening that I plan to be in attendance for sooooooooo Friday night's hoops at the Purple Palace is exactly where I will be and what I will be doing ... battles to be dealt with and won ... the cancer is gone for now, the treatment is to keep me cancer free ... as I92 posted "winning" it's not AN option it IS the ONLY option ... I have too much to do, to many games to watch in the next 3 weeks to let my treatments control my life ... basketball games from the Cheap Seats it's what I love to do, it is what I will be doing - "winning" ...

Schnellfritz
Varsity

Post by Schnellfritz »

Keep up the positive attitude, Pfloyd. We are still thinking about you, praying for you. You should be in your groove this next month with all of the tournament action going on. Geesh, what are you going to do after basketball? I guess you could take in a baseball game, track meet, then summer basketball with the AAU boys. If you get bored then get on here and we'll keep you busy with something. Take care and see you soon.

Focused
SEOPS

Post by Focused »

Pfloyd ~ A few years ago you gave kind, helpful words to/for my family and I.
Today I give to you the promise of my prayers going up for you, and that God will continue to strengthen, encourage, and heal you, and trusting that you will soon be able to do those things you desire..

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... thank you Focused ... I started giving myself injections of Leukine - the drug I am taking for adjuvant/preventive treatment - yesterday under the supervision of my oncologist team at OSU Medical Ctr/The James Cancer Hospital ...it went well ! only 167 more shots to go in the next year !!! LOL ... the game has definitely "tipped off" ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Floyd ... I have yet to drive to the new Logan High School solo (I've always had a buddy with me who knew where he was going) ... Accoring to mapquest; is the new school on 328 ... Or Trimmer st?

Do I take the 93 exit (to Logan/McArthur) ... Or the Logan/Breeman exit?

bryanc45
JV Team

Post by bryanc45 »

Take care pfloyd

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

...93dog ... take the Rt. 328 exit off of Rt 33 ... go left across Rt. 33 past the golf course you'll see the high school on the left as go around that first corner on Rt 328 CAN'T miss it ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

yea, your late Floyd ... Already left - took the wrong exit darn it!

Sure are some nice houses off the 93 exit - left of the park.

lol

Schnellfritz
Varsity

Post by Schnellfritz »

pfloyd wrote:... thank you Focused ... I started giving myself injections of Leukine - the drug I am taking for adjuvant/preventive treatment - yesterday under the supervision of my oncologist team at OSU Medical Ctr/The James Cancer Hospital ...it went well ! only 167 more shots to go in the next year !!! LOL ... the game has definitely "tipped off" ...

Remember to get a "treat" to eat after taking a shot. You know, like ice cream, piece of candy, cake, or a great basketball game. Yea, that's the ticket. Take the shots right before a game at the convo and you won't notice it so much....... Trying to help.

Return to “Boys Basketball”