Jackson @ Ironton tripple header 12/16

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Re: Jackson @ Ironton tripple header 12/16

Post by biggdowgg »

thanks zap,,,,guess caglewis, is fast a sleep AGAIN.....

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

Congrats to the Ironton Fighting Tigers!
Obviously I flunked yet again at paying attention and keeping promises/commitments. My mind is going - going - - heck, already long gone!
I'm sorry - no, wait - I'm glad - which is it?

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Congrats to Ironton on the win and good luck.

BuckeyeCAV
Varsity

Post by BuckeyeCAV »

OHbuckeye1 wrote:Freshmen

Ironton.....6-16-16-22=60
Jackson....4--5--4--11=24

JV

Ironton.....8-8-13-12=41
Jackson....4-2--9---4=19

Varsity

Ironton.....19-17-17-16=69
Jackson....--7--6-14-12=39

Ouch..................... :!: :shock:

I wonder if Larry has any second thoughts?

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

Nice win by the Tigers.......glad to see and talk with TrojanDave and see all the Trojan scouts and coaches in the stands taking notes.........

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Tigertownturkey: It's always good to talk to you..........and your friends.........the Conley gym wasn't quite as hot as it used to be.......probably saving the HEAT for the Trojans on Jan.9th..........:-D

The Tigers have another good ball club.......very deep, and from what is coming up in the lower grades, looks like a long run of good hoops in Ironton..........

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I wonder if ArmyCav has any useful thoughts?

BuckeyeCAV
Varsity

Post by BuckeyeCAV »

It's BuckeyeCAV

My thoughts is......looks like a long..long...long...season for your team this year. ;-)

Poor old Larry. I think he bit off more than he could chew. I wish him and the kids the best. Oh, I can't wait to watch our game with your team. Will you be there?

nickle back
Freshman Team

Post by nickle back »

I completely agree. To compete he is going to have to join The Wellstons, Oak hills, Chillicothes, and Logen Elms in the off season and start recruiting hard.
Is he willing to sell his soul? I doubt it but Who knows. If you want to win in the S.E.O.L. and Southeast district you better be willing to bend the rules like the others.

BuckeyeCAV
Varsity

Post by BuckeyeCAV »

How about that.....there is one SVC fan nickleback talking down about Chillicothe. :lol:

Hey...will jackson have a new resignation thread come spring? :-D

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

BuckeyeCav,

You say that you wish Coach Jordan and the kids at Jackson the best, but then you immediately insult them. Obviously you hope that they don't do well so save "I wish them the best" stuff. We know you well enough by now to know that you don't mean it.

BuckeyeCAV
Varsity

Post by BuckeyeCAV »

Are you complaining about something again? :roll:

What did Regulator share with you. Keep positive, even when your team is down. Support them and quit worrying about what others say. When they make constructive critism...you complain? Instead, why don't you see the positive.

Let me ask you TWO serious questions. I bet you won't answer though. Did you play Basketball at JHS? Did you play Football at JHS? Just curious?

Let's see if you are a stand up guy and will answer the questions posed? As for your team, embrace them in this down year. Quit worrying and complaining. :-D

One would think you are out there on the court or field. When someone takes another viewpoint it seems you cannot handle it. Are you a Fan? Are you an Adult?

I think Regulator put it in stone for what he discussed earlier on here.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

I AM supporting Jackson no matter what. You are the one who insinuated that Coach Jordan would be out of a job after basketball season. You said this immediately after you said "I wish him and the kids the best". Everyone knows that it wasn't a genuine comment anyway since it was made among a host of other comments such as "Coach Jordan bit off more than he can chew" and "I can't wait to watch our game with your team".

Regulator and I came to an agreement earlier in case you didn't read it. I'm not on here being negative about Jackson. You are! That's why I take issue with just about everything you say.

And I will answer your questions since I have answered them multiple times in the past anyway. No, I did not play football or basketball. I played baseball in high school. I don't get on here and claim to be a football or basketball expert. I try to talk about sports and support my team, but it's nearly impossible to get anything out of this forum because of all the trash you post. Stop making underhanded comments about Jackson and I won't direct any of my posts toward you.

nickle back
Freshman Team

Post by nickle back »

How am I putting down Chillicothe? Just stating the obvious. If you want to compete in the Southeast District, you better be willing to bend the rules and take your chances. I commend the coaches that are getting away with it. It is a must in order to win today.

I go to 3-4 SVC games a year and witnessed a Dandy last week but make no mistake I support the Cavs baby. Jumped on the Humpty-Sugar Ray bandwagon last season and enjoyed the ride.

BuckeyeCAV
Varsity

Post by BuckeyeCAV »

ironman02 wrote:I AM supporting Jackson no matter what. You are the one who insinuated that Coach Jordan would be out of a job after basketball season. You said this immediately after you said "I wish him and the kids the best". Everyone knows that it wasn't a genuine comment anyway since it was made among a host of other comments such as "Coach Jordan bit off more than he can chew" and "I can't wait to watch our game with your team".

Regulator and I came to an agreement earlier in case you didn't read it. I'm not on here being negative about Jackson. You are! That's why I take issue with just about everything you say.

And I will answer your questions since I have answered them multiple times in the past anyway. No, I did not play football or basketball. I played baseball in high school. I don't get on here and claim to be a football or basketball expert. I try to talk about sports and support my team, but it's nearly impossible to get anything out of this forum because of all the trash you post. Stop making underhanded comments about Jackson and I won't direct any of my posts toward you.

Larry is a great guy and very good friend of my wives family. Larry is a great coach. I just hope Jackson gives him a chance.

No you never shared with me what sports you played. As for you..playing sports, my hunch was correct. :-D

You complain everytime someone makes a wiff of a critical comment towards your team. But I noticed you free yourself up when talking DOWN about other teams. That's O.K. right? Quit trying to act like Saint 02. Get over yourself, quit trying to seek pity and like regulator mentioned....get behind those kids and the team instead of being negative. Be an adult for a change. Even in their present situation support them. If they lose...still support them. Maybe if you would of tried playing the sport in H.S. you would understand. :-D

As for Jackson, I find Larry's task very difficult for all the reasons Regulator applied on here. It's about the total stability package. Like Chillicothe, Logan, Marietta, Portsmouth, Gallipolis and Warren has at their respected schools. There are a few that has issues in our SEOAL. Three teams have left or are leaving. Without stability one will not make it in this SEOAL. Stability....a good word for you to memorize and imitate. Insted, of lecturing someone when you don't like their constructive criticism towards your team.

Good Luck!

grndma1
SEOPS HO

Post by grndma1 »

nickle back wrote:I completely agree. To compete he is going to have to join The Wellstons, Oak hills, Chillicothes, and Logen Elms in the off season and start recruiting hard.
Is he willing to sell his soul? I doubt it but Who knows. If you want to win in the S.E.O.L. and Southeast district you better be willing to bend the rules like the others.

Did you see what happened at Wellston for bending the rules?

nickle back
Freshman Team

Post by nickle back »

Grandma 1- I think they broke the rules.
The coaches I would mention have masters degrees in BENDING the rules. Derrow should of taken lessons.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

BuckeyeCAV wrote:
ironman02 wrote:I AM supporting Jackson no matter what. You are the one who insinuated that Coach Jordan would be out of a job after basketball season. You said this immediately after you said "I wish him and the kids the best". Everyone knows that it wasn't a genuine comment anyway since it was made among a host of other comments such as "Coach Jordan bit off more than he can chew" and "I can't wait to watch our game with your team".

Larry is a great guy and very good friend of my wives family. Larry is a great coach. I just hope Jackson gives him a chance.

No you never shared with me what sports you played. As for you..playing sports, my hunch was correct. :-D

You complain everytime someone makes a wiff of a critical comment towards your team. But I noticed you free yourself up when talking DOWN about other teams. That's O.K. right? Quit trying to act like Saint 02. Get over yourself, quit trying to seek pity and like regulator mentioned....get behind those kids and the team instead of being negative. Be an adult for a change. Even in their present situation support them. If they lose...still support them. Maybe if you would of tried playing the sport in H.S. you would understand. :-D

As for Jackson, I find Larry's task very difficult for all the reasons Regulator applied on here. It's about the total stability package. Like Chillicothe, Logan, Marietta, Portsmouth, Gallipolis and Warren has at their respected schools. There are a few that has issues in our SEOAL. Three teams have left or are leaving. Without stability one will not make it in this SEOAL. Stability....a good word for you to memorize and imitate. Insted, of lecturing someone when you don't like their constructive criticism towards your team.

Good Luck!

Stop lecturing me about supporting my team. Everyone on here, other than you, knows that I always support Jackson. I'm fine with constructive criticism. That's not what you do though and you know it. I can't believe you have the nerve to tell someone to be an adult after the way you act on here. I'm seriously done even acknowleding your posts.

On the sidelines
Riding the Bench

Post by On the sidelines »

BuckeyeCav It is obvious that you do not have all the facts, Especially when you are talking about stability. Jackson is a charter member of the SEOAL. And nickelback is right about having to recruit to compete in the southeast area in order to win there and definitly at the regional or state level. There is another coach in Jackson County that should be investigated by the OHSAA.

Kickinurz
Freshman Team

Post by Kickinurz »

Honestly this transfer thing has been going on for 2 decades outside the local area and these schools in Cinci.,Cleve.,and C-Bus. have been doing this for years. The only thing that kills me is that the same schools that complained about Chillicothe are doing the same thing. If its legal who cares , but don't complain then follow the leader. Win with your program not with part of everyone else's program.
Hey if my kid would want to transfer to be part of a winning program then I would move my kid ,but NEVER to another household. I would move along with my kid.

Return to “Boys Basketball”