Western 60 @ Eastern 70 OT

OSU Alumni 2000
Riding the Bench

Re: Western 60 @ Eastern 70 OT

Post by OSU Alumni 2000 »

Congrats to Eastern. That was a big victory for us.

Pringles105
Freshman Team

Post by Pringles105 »

Osbourne had 36

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Eaglesnest wrote:Ubelievable game by Osborne. Must have had around 30 pts.? He put on a clinic..outside, inside, and at the FT line! He definately deserves to start geting some more POY chatter!

Congrats Eagles. You don't always play smart, but nobody could ever question your HEART! Enjoy it tonight and get ready for the next one!

Osborne played awesome,he is definitely deserving of POY talk.After last night's game.... I would have him slightly in front of Shanks....but along way to go,we'll see what happens.The Eagles played hard all night and really had to fight for that win as Western would not go away,Smithson stepped up and carried the Indians late with some clutch shots.I thought Eastern done a decent job on Shanks when he touched the ball he was quickly surronded by 2-3 defenders.Penwel did'nt shoot the ball well,I thought that was a big plus for the Eagles as he had been lighting it up the previous 2 games.Eastern needs to build off this huge win and go to Notre Dame Friday and bring the same effort.I'm sure the Titans will be up for that one.
GO EAGLES!

-varsity-
JV Team

Post by -varsity- »

shocked about the score..but congrats to eastern

soc1fan
Waterboy

Post by soc1fan »

osborne and shanks can not come close to kris tibbs from symmes valley he is by far the best player in the soc1

Sideliner008
Riding the Bench

Post by Sideliner008 »

Upset about the loss....I hope western can come out of it..I do feel the at end of the game there was a bad call well really no call at all but what can you do...Osbourne had a really good game last night....I just would like to see Shanks step up...Bobbie and Chris I feel have and i just really am not impressed with him....Nice game Eastern but i think at our place it will be a whole differnet ball game.

bystander
Riding the Bench

Post by bystander »

Congrats Eagles---lets keep up the pace to have a great year in SOC---I feel confident you can play with any other team out there. Osborne had awesome night last night---way to step up!!! Fans really appreciate your hard work as well as all the boys.

So much overall improvement from last year. Keep up the good work.

C.O.T.C.
Waterboy

Post by C.O.T.C. »

soc1fan wrote:osborne and shanks can not come close to kris tibbs from symmes valley he is by far the best player in the soc1

Tibbs only had like 13 points when he went up against western and he got 8 of those in the fourth quarter when western took 4 of their starters out with 1min 30 secs. left! so he must not be ready for the title of soc's best player yet now is he!

C.O.T.C.
Waterboy

Post by C.O.T.C. »

Eastern did earn their victory against western... i will give them that! but i do not think that they will stand a chance when they face western in at their home battlegrounds. last year was the same way eastern put on a great but unfortunantly lost to the indians at eastern and then went to western and stood absoulutly no chance \

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

C.O.T.C. wrote:Eastern did earn their victory against western... i will give them that! but i do not think that they will stand a chance when they face western in at their home battlegrounds. last year was the same way eastern put on a great but unfortunantly lost to the indians at eastern and then went to western and stood absoulutly no chance \

This is not last year........Eagles are much improved,and the Indians are'nt as strong as they were last year either......that being said,I think it will be another really close game when the Eagles travel to Latham.......Not a big difference in the talent of these 2 teams,pretty even in my opinion.

the toro loco
Riding the Bench

Post by the toro loco »

I don't know what kind of call wasn't called,but,whatever it was we deserved it after the Holiday classic no calls that we didn't get.Anyway The Eagles played a really good game,congrats to Bryan who finished with 36,and a shout out to the Refs,thanks for not Cheating Eastern for once ha....

time out
Waterboy

Post by time out »

Eastern played a good game and deserve to win.Call or no call Western had a change to win,but why do you have your center dribble the ball into the defence, when you have two good ball handlers and passers.

soc1fan
Waterboy

Post by soc1fan »

tibbs had 18 with western playing a box and 1 on him for western starters they did not come out of game because it was only a 4 point lead with 1:20 left and sv had to foul to stop clock,shanks got 4 of his 12 at end of game from foul line.also tibbs had high score of game.I think you need to watch game before you make comments.box and 1 and still has high score and also had 21 rebounds and 5 blocked shots and is only a jr. he will be back.

Return to “Boys Basketball”