40%
2. Vinton County
60%

Total votes: 77

The Flash
Varsity

Re: (4) Vinton County vs (5) Athens

Post by The Flash »

I’ve noticed every team Athens loses to is lucky!

Sportsfanallnitelong
JV Team

Post by Sportsfanallnitelong »

VisionQuest....I don’t even know you and you make me sick. To read your posts throughout tells me your nothing but a cry baby and a very sore loser!! Not even going to get into it.....you thought your Athens team was good winning like 9 games in a row against a average to weak TVC league. Really?!!! Lol

Old man
The Flash
Varsity

Post by The Flash »

The only unfair advantage was that Athens played a team that was better than them

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Sportsfanallnitelong wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:30 am VisionQuest....I don’t even know you and you make me sick. To read your posts throughout tells me your nothing but a cry baby and a very sore loser!! Not even going to get into it.....you thought your Athens team was good winning like 9 games in a row against a average to weak TVC league. Really?!!! Lol
You are a "freshman starter" and I am a Varsity Backup. So that tells me all I need to know. You don't know squat. Get back on the Sidelines.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Now that sounded like a little kid...my daddy is bigger than yours.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

I don't think you realize the label under your username doesn't reflect your knowledge, it only reflects the amount of posts you've made.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

mhs95_06 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:00 am Athens down 8 late really had some good offensive possessions to get back even. I thought their strategy that worked out, of fouling on purpose on their 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th fouls, targeting mostly Speakman and not even going for steals and just whacking was bad, but they got away with it with the great offense and got it tied and had 2 FTs under 10 sec.
That was a great game plan. We were struggling to get back in the game. Neither team shot free throws well at all. But that gym was loud. Athens had a million students and VC had a bunch of fans.

But Speakman took over in OT. I've been saying all year he's probably TVC POTY

buckfan2016
Waterboy

Post by buckfan2016 »

Congrats to Vinton County on the win. Go to the Convo and represent the TVC well like you always do.
As for Athens that now makes them 3-8 vs teams they played this year that were Div 2 or bigger. Vision quest gets on here and boasts when they beat Div 3 cellar teams like NY and Div 4 Federal Hocking. But 3-8 vs your own size schools tells me that beat up on the TVC Ohio does nothing for you. Maybe one day you will realize that being the big fish in a little pond doesn't help so much in the tournament. Oh Wait you didn't win the league either. V.C. Did!!!

Allthewayup11
Freshman Team

Post by Allthewayup11 »

Raider6309 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:38 am
mhs95_06 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:00 am Athens down 8 late really had some good offensive possessions to get back even. I thought their strategy that worked out, of fouling on purpose on their 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th fouls, targeting mostly Speakman and not even going for steals and just whacking was bad, but they got away with it with the great offense and got it tied and had 2 FTs under 10 sec.
That was a great game plan. We were struggling to get back in the game. Neither team shot free throws well at all. But that gym was loud. Athens had a million students and VC had a bunch of fans.

But Speakman took over in OT. I've been saying all year he's probably TVC POTY
Was a great game by both. Free throw battle cost Athens.

As far as Visions comments, sounds like he is focused on his boy which I can only assume is Chubb which he has mentioned this on multiple posts. But comparing him only due to Yates age is a bit far fetched and just placing blame on inability to add more to the game where Yates obviously did. Don’t deflect that he actually had a good game. Might have been better if he wasn’t taken off the floor twice due to turnovers.

So if he turns 18 and actually gets to play college ball, is that going to be a reason he isn’t a starter because of age or why an older player playing against him does better. I see freshman and sophomores excel every year versus older players. Please just leave the age issue alone and take it that Chubb had a good game in a high pressure situation.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Chieftain2009 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:35 am I don't think you realize the label under your username doesn't reflect your knowledge, it only reflects the amount of posts you've made.

Just look at me :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
SportsRule
Freshman Team

Post by SportsRule »

Great game!! Good luck Vikings

Amock0905
Freshman Team

Post by Amock0905 »

I’d assume his son is a senior that’s why he’s not gonna post anymore he wanted Athens to get up big so his son could come off the bench, guess he didn’t get to see his son play one more time

The 24 year drought is over! 🏈🏆
NYHSGradOldTimer
Waterboy

Post by NYHSGradOldTimer »

Have a great day
Last edited by NYHSGradOldTimer on Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

JustusLeague
Freshman Team

Post by JustusLeague »

Amock0905 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:22 am I’d assume his son is a senior that’s why he’s not gonna post anymore he wanted Athens to get up big so his son could come off the bench, guess he didn’t get to see his son play one more time
That's my guess. I'd say he will come back time to time to stir crap but def don't think its Chubb's dad, if so, poor kid.

NYHSGradOldTimer
Waterboy

Post by NYHSGradOldTimer »

:lol:

Amock0905
Freshman Team

Post by Amock0905 »

NYHSGradOldTimer wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:48 am Enough of the Daddyball crap. I'll give it to VC, they came angry and ready to play. As always, I was impressed by Chubb, Butcher and S altzman, and the rest of the team. VC shooting game was spot on and congrats to them. I hate to even say this but, some of those calls were $hit against Athens. Once again, Butcher can't turn around without getting fouled. Fouls weren't being called against VC in the same capacity. I have to say, my biggest shock was observing a grown man from VC holding a small child while screaming the f-word at teenagers on the court. WTH? Walking out of LHS I saw the VC Head Coach and said, Congratulations because that's what you do...That's called good sportsmanship. Also, nice to see some of the NYHS players there to support Athens. Until next year...keep it classy.
The foul call thing is irrelevant Vinton County had 8 against them and Athens had 5 when Athens started fouling with 2 min left Athens definitely had the edge in that category

The 24 year drought is over! 🏈🏆
Ski83
Riding the Bench

Post by Ski83 »

NYHSGradOldTimer wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:48 am Enough of the Daddyball crap. I'll give it to VC, they came angry and ready to play. As always, I was impressed by Chubb, Butcher and S altzman, and the rest of the team. VC shooting game was spot on and congrats to them. I hate to even say this but, some of those calls were $hit against Athens. Once again, Butcher can't turn around without getting fouled. Fouls weren't being called against VC in the same capacity. I have to say, my biggest shock was observing a grown man from VC holding a small child while screaming the f-word at teenagers on the court. WTH? Walking out of LHS I saw the VC Head Coach and said, Congratulations because that's what you do...That's called good sportsmanship. Also, nice to see some of the NYHS players there to support Athens. Until next year...keep it classy.
I was sitting near the guy with the kid. Heard him yelling at the refs and cheering on his team. Never once heard any foul language. He was definitely into the game.

moorelukas
Riding the Bench

Post by moorelukas »

hateraid wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:02 pm
Raider6309 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:47 pm Free throws lost the game for Athens. Pretty entertaining game

Pretty smart game plan at the end of regulation by Cozart
The announcers kept saying the same thing. VC had a bad night at the line too but nothing mentioned. VC just better. Vikings are used to these big games and it showed tonigjt.
Athens 9-20, 45%. Vinton County 18-31, 58%. Both teams bad, but Bulldogs worse.

PowerLifitingNut
Riding the Bench

Post by PowerLifitingNut »

MSDAAC wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:04 am
Yes, the daddyball era is officially over and I'm one person who is really glad to see it gone. Because of that, next year should be a really promising year. Go DAWGS!
Let's hope it isn't over. I know of a former daddyball coach, (aka The Cadillac), who was at the time he was coaching daddyball one of the best around. So daddyball is the best IMO. :mrgreen:

Return to “Boys Basketball”