Wheelersburg vs harvest prep

4thgoal
SEOPS

Re: Wheelersburg vs harvest prep

Post by 4thgoal »

Burg will have to play their best game of the year to stay in this one. Tall task indeed, but as the old saying goes, "that's why you play the game!" Burg will have to limit possessions and shoot a high % from behind the arc.

I saw this going around on social media last night. Great piece on Lou Horvath!

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=lo ... ORM=VRDGAR

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

This game will be determined by Harvest Preps’ attitude. If HP comes into the game thinking Wheelersburg can’t compete with them then it will be close and maybe Burg wins. If Harvest Preps comes into the game knowing they have to play a great game against a very good team with a Division I basketball player then this game won’t be close (15+). In my opinion, Harvest Prep’s attitude determines the outcome.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Harvest Prep defeated Bishop Ready 64-48 in the District Finals. I know using the transitive property in sports is dangerous but allow me to try somewhat.

Bishop Ready went to Marietta and was defeated by River in a close game. So I figure River and Ready are comparable.

Hiland defeated River twice (River was 24-2) including the District Finals.

I think Burg is as good as Ready. I think.

Therefore using all that dubious above I believe Wheelersburg has a chance.

So you’re telling me there’s a chance...,.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Vito Corleone
Freshman Team

Post by Vito Corleone »

All year long I've heard that Burg has athletes. Not so much as "basketball players" but athletes. They are going to need more than just athletes to be in striking distance of pulling off an upset. They played very well at the end of the regular season, but I haven't been impressed by what they have done in the tournament. If they play like they did against Piketon..season over and possible butt whooping. If they play like they did against Oak Hill and Waverly, they may have a chance

Making offers you can't refuse
Pickoff42
Waterboy

Post by Pickoff42 »

Some of the things posted on here....
I've been on this forum for years, and I know now why I have posted so little. This might be one of the most absurd posts I have ever read.

I am fairly certain that most of the posters on this topic are adults. ADULTS. Bashing high school kids sports teams. And I have no idea still to this day why people are so hung up with the Burg and the supposed "transfers."

I have lived in this area for many many years. I did not grow up in Wheelersburg. I have learned that people move into the Wheelersburg School District because it is a good district and they have good sports teams. They care about their sports teams and their players, and players are taught a certain work ethic and it is instilled in them from the time they start in grade school. The thing I cannot understand about this whole topic, the "recruiting," and all of that nonsense is- why in the crap do you guys care what happens at Wheelersburg? IT IS HAPPENING EVERYWHERE!!!

Oak Hill was a horrible boys basketball team until Norm Persin decided to not drive to Chesapeake everyday and stay home and coach The Oaks. The Oaks had been to one, count them, 1, District final before Norm came along. They have since won a state championship, and three or four other district and Regional titles. Same with Oak Hills girls teams. Rumor (of course, we live on rumor on here, don't we? LOL) has it that the Oak Hill girls coach at one point had girls living at his house with his family so they could play girls basketball at Oak Hill. Or was it that he rented a trailer for them to live in? I can't remember - too many rumors. LOL.

Matt Miller recruiting? Lol. What is this, college? What did he do, go to 8th grade games with his Wheelersburg jacket on and sit there with a clipboard watching kids and asking them if they wanted to come to the burg as freshman?

The Burg has lost many athletes in each sport to neighboring community schools. Kids and families move in, they move out. It's their choice because there is open enrollment. Everybody does it.

What is the likelihood of Wheelersburg winning the state championship in basketball this year? Probably slim but who knows. It's one game at a time. Every school has a chance.

Again, someone please explain this to me-why does everyone care so much about what Wheelersburg does? Have they been caught "recruiting?" Are you all adults who just are so obsessed with what Wheelersburg does that you have nothing better to do? Why don't you focus on your own school you root for and back them as hard as Wheelersburg backs their sports teams?
Last edited by Pickoff42 on Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

Pickoff42
Waterboy

Post by Pickoff42 »

Oh, One thing I forgot.....

WE ARE.....THE BURG!!!!

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Basketball 30 and Sweet Lou again at Convo. Urban, your still my No 1 poster here, and I got a question for you on AA, what if you never admit there is a problem, then what. But good Luck to Wheelersburg, I believe the continuous pressure and just pure athletic ability will be to overwhelming as game goes along. It’s like a hurricane warning, until it’s upon you,you have no inclination of the true impact that it will cause. By the way Sweet video on Sweet Lou and his career. He’s the best there is.

Pickoff42
Waterboy

Post by Pickoff42 »

Everyone must have a problem then Prime Time. And the "AA" reference used by Urban? Classy. Very classy. Especially to those who have/have had that issue.

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

Wow , if you looked up jealous in the dictionary it might link to this thread , lots of haters been waiting a looooong time to get in some jabs at Da Burg . Sad , and pathetic .

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

ManitouDan2 wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:05 pm Wow , if you looked up jealous in the dictionary it might link to this thread , lots of haters been waiting a looooong time to get in some jabs at Da Burg . Sad , and pathetic .
Remember they just had to sit though the burg winning a state championship in football. It was a long football season for the haters :lol:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

ManitouDan2 wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:05 pm Wow , if you looked up jealous in the dictionary it might link to this thread , lots of haters been waiting a looooong time to get in some jabs at Da Burg . Sad , and pathetic .
About all the jabs are coming from people who support teams that are already out.
Last edited by noreply66 on Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

You had people coming on here at half time of the burg playoff games they were down in and jumping on, “burg looks way to slow, can’t compete with the big boys, same old burg can’t compete with teams up north, overrated”. Funny they didn’t post much in those games in the second half. So they have been waiting awhile for this chance.

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

noreply66 wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:26 pm
About all the jabs are coming from people who support teams that are ready out.
touche

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

JTEK wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:34 pm You had people coming on here at half time of the burg playoff games they were down in and jumping on, “burg looks way to slow, can’t compete with the big boys, same old burg can’t compete with teams up north, overrated”. Funny they didn’t post much in those games in the second half. So they have been waiting awhile for this chance.
Some people can't take another team winning a lot. Look what they are doing to Ironton theses days. Ironton might be down but they are not down as far has these guys teams when Ironton was up. Most people that are true football fan don't rub a down fall in.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

JTEK wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:22 pm
Remember they just had to sit though the burg winning a state championship in football. It was a long football season for the haters :lol:

And to make things even worse for the haters is that everytime, EVERYTIME they get on here what is one of the first things they see??? Burg players and staff gathered around the football state championship trophy and it has to just eat at some of them.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Burg fans............lol

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:54 pm Burg fans............lol
Haters...........lol

gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

noreply66 wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:43 pm
JTEK wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:34 pm You had people coming on here at half time of the burg playoff games they were down in and jumping on, “burg looks way to slow, can’t compete with the big boys, same old burg can’t compete with teams up north, overrated”. Funny they didn’t post much in those games in the second half. So they have been waiting awhile for this chance.
Some people can't take another team winning a lot. Look what they are doing to Ironton theses days. Ironton might be down but they are not down as far has these guys teams when Ironton was up. Most people that are true football fan don't rub a down fall in.
I agree 💯 , I'm for any team in southern Ohio when my team is Done.

You can't handle the truth
CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

JTEK wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:02 pm
CavalierAlum05 wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:54 pm Burg fans............lol
Haters...........lol
Because people are stating their opinions doesn't make one a hater.
I think you are going to get blown out this game, yes. That makes one a hater?

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

No!

Return to “Boys Basketball”