Soc 1 Rivalries

Lightle04
SE

Re: Soc 1 Rivalries

Post by Lightle04 »

I am farly familier with the kids and staff at western and this is the first i have heard on this my sons go to school there and they haven't heard anything on this topic i hope its not true but spreading this kind of here say is realy hard on a kids rep.i mean the crosscountry coach is HARROP and flint is still running that there at a run tonight.

bystander
Riding the Bench

Post by bystander »

claw and stiff

you guys gotta be kidding me----osborne is more than team player---there was so much more he could have done as an individual---you must have not been at the same games as everyone else. Many, many, many times he would pass the ball when most in the stands wanted him to shoot (except a few moms that is)---WHY? because he tried to run the plays set up by the coach and involve the team. Maybe you should get the perspective from Coach Fitch as to how much team he actually is. He certainly got yelled at more from the fans last year for not shooting than he did for not passing. If you were at all the games last year then can you reply as to how many times a play was executed for him?

He works the hardest, hustles the most, and wants to win more than anyone else out there and you scrutinize for that??

Stiff---if he played more with the flow of the team then they'd all be at turtle pace.
If you guys have been around as much as I think then you know there is usually a player who leads---there has to be---if they all played of the same caliber then Eastern and every team out there would be in a heep of trouble.

BY THE WAY HE LED THE TEAM WITH HELTON IN ASSISTS LAST YEAR !!!!! If thats not "team" then what is? What should he do pass everytime and not shoot at all??? Then how would the eagles stack up??

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Bottom line. Osborne is a very good player and a good defender(never said he wasn't). He was in a position last season where he did have to "try to do to much" or at least probably felt like it because most everyone around him had no significant varsity experience and was not ready for ball at the varsity level. I'm sure he heard all kinds of goofy comments from the stands to shoot eveytime he touched the ball. I even heard Fitch telling him to shoot, but he would pass up wide open 15 footers to drive into 3 defenders(as everyone was keying on him because of inconsistant help from his teamates). Still, if this years team is to be competitive, Osborne will need to "lead" and tuneout the stands and tune into what the team needs to get done.

Lets move on from the Osborne discussion. This is a team game. I think if the eagles play together they will give Western all they want this season, even though on paper Western has more talent.

bystander
Riding the Bench

Post by bystander »

Nest--lets hope the "team" tunes in also.

agreed to move on with topic

the_claw
Waterboy

Post by the_claw »

Eaglesnest wrote:Bottom line. Osborne is a very good player and a good defender(never said he wasn't). He was in a position last season where he did have to "try to do to much" or at least probably felt like it because most everyone around him had no significant varsity experience and was not ready for ball at the varsity level. I'm sure he heard all kinds of goofy comments from the stands to shoot eveytime he touched the ball. I even heard Fitch telling him to shoot, but he would pass up wide open 15 footers to drive into 3 defenders(as everyone was keying on him because of inconsistant help from his teamates). Still, if this years team is to be competitive, Osborne will need to "lead" and tuneout the stands and tune into what the team needs to get done.

Lets move on from the Osborne discussion. This is a team game. I think if the eagles play together they will give Western all they want this season, even though on paper Western has more talent.

Sorry I know this is a team game and all but I just want to say that I think Osborne is a terrific player and I'm looking foward to watching the Eagles play this year. When this team plays as hard as they can and hustles they can play with just about anybody.

CoachFitch
Riding the Bench

Post by CoachFitch »

Last edited by CoachFitch on Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Coach, I have already moved on from this debate and meant nothing offensive about Osborne or your team.

Team ball is where it is at! I will keep saying it....IF the eagles play together as a team they will be the type of team that NOBODY will enjoy playing! Best of luck!

Go Eagles!

Return to “Boys Basketball”