Games Cancelled 2/5/10

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Re: Games Cancelled 2/5/10

Post by TribeManiac10 »

pfloyd wrote:... interesting weather ... seems to be a rain event here in the Hocking Hills so far , looking at the radar all of Southern Ohio is getting rain - not snow - so far ...

Yes, Peebles and Manchester could have played this is VERY irritating.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

I don't understnd why any of the games in Scioto county are cancelled. It hasn't done anything but rain here all day with the temps hovering around 37 or 38 degrees and from the looks of the radar that's all we're going to get. Clay and East cancelled when they are 10 miles apart????

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:I don't understnd why any of the games in Scioto county are cancelled. It hasn't done anything but rain here all day with the temps hovering around 37 or 38 degrees and from the looks of the radar that's all we're going to get. Clay and East cancelled when they are 10 miles apart????

I agree.....

tossithigh
Freshman Team

Post by tossithigh »

The Logan @ Warren game is Tuesday, Feb 16. pfloyd has correct date, wrong day.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

gahs4ever wrote:It is 8:35 or what would still be the first half of most varsity games had they been played. The all-day rain is just now turning to snow and who knows how bad things will be in another hour and a half when the games will be ending plus the hour or more return trips for visitors.

I think they made the right call. It is far better to err on the side of caution than to put lives at risk in very questionable and possibly hazaedous road/weather conditions IMO.

Maybe in Gallia county, but here in Scioto county it is still 35 degrees and raining. I can see the games to the north being cancelled and postponed because those areas got hit with snow and freezing rain, but here it's only raining and that is all it has done all day and from what I just saw on the radar that's all we're going to get tonight.

TIGERS90
Varsity

Post by TIGERS90 »

Here in Ironton it's 9 am and the roads are still not covered...maybe half an inch of snow on the grass?

Return to “Boys Basketball”