Waverly / Oak Hill game still on?

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Re: Waverly / Oak Hill game still on?

Post by biggdowgg »

if Portsmouth had not got cancled today, we would have been playing Norhwest today,Marrietta Monday AT Marietta, back home Tuesday to play Ironton.....

going to be a lot of teams playing a lot of games next week I think

G&B from huddle
JV Team

Post by G&B from huddle »

Is it that much worse in Oak Hill than it is in Waverly?
I mean US 23 is decent in Pike County. I haven't ventured out to SR 32 yet but I would imagine its in ok shape. I mean the the only deciding I guess would be SR 93 which in all honesty I wouldn't drive if snow and ice covered. Maybe Jackson County got it worse than Pike County although IDK how it is out in the county I'm just speaking of how it is in Waverly.

Jump23
Freshman Team

Post by Jump23 »

32 and all 2 lane highways towards oak hill are in good shape. i think somebody jumped the gun canceling the game at 10:30 This morning.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Any chance of getting together and somehow playing this game tonight? lol It is only 2 still plenty of time.

Jump23
Freshman Team

Post by Jump23 »

Heard this game might be played tuesday?? Just a rumor!

jacksonoaks
Freshman Team

Post by jacksonoaks »

thats a lie.
The Oaks play away tuesday at Northwest and the Friday at Valley
This game will most likely be Saturday

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

If Oak Hill didn't have a league game scheduled Tuesday Waverly would have checked with Huntington to reschedule that game and play Oak Hill Tuesday (tomorrow). The most likely date will be Saturday.

Who does Oak Hill play Friday and where?

Bucknut27
Varsity

Post by Bucknut27 »

tigers2010onhuddle wrote:If Oak Hill didn't have a league game scheduled Tuesday Waverly would have checked with Huntington to reschedule that game and play Oak Hill Tuesday (tomorrow). The most likely date will be Saturday.

Who does Oak Hill play Friday and where?

Friday @ Valley.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

OAK HILL SCHEDULE THIS WEEK
Tuesday at Northwest
Friday at Valley
Saturday at Waverly ???

WAVERLY SCHEDULE THIS WEEK
Tuesday vs Huntington
Friday at South Webster
Saturday vs Oak Hill ???

With the game being scheduled for Saturday (if it is) Oak Hills schedule will be allot tougher. On the road for three league games at tough places to play.
The fatigue factor effects Waverly more as they rotate less players.

Will be an interesting week of basketball before Sunday's tournament draw and go a long way in determining the SOCII championship.

Ace
Freshman Team

Post by Ace »

tigers2010onhuddle wrote:Wednesday is out. They are looking at next Saturday (before the Sunday draw) or the following Monday.

Waverly wants to get this game in before the draw but next Saturday would put the Tigers playing Tuesday (home vs Huntington), on the road Friday at South Webster and then the very next night against Oak Hill. Two huge games on back to back nights. Not good for a team rotating 7 players.

Where did you hear this or are you just giving your expert opinion? I was told that the game has been scheduled for Wednesday after the Huntington game.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

I was told Wednesday was out. That would be best for Waverly but again, I was told that wasn't an option. That could have changed since I talked to the AD on Saturday though.
Travis and Norm were to work it out so I haven't heard anything since Saturday.

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

Per the Oak Hill school website, the game will be made up at Waverly on Saturday, Feb. 20

Leaving Minford
Freshman Team

Post by Leaving Minford »

Doesn't make a whole lot of sense because the Oak Hill girls sectional is that night.

Oak Hill will lose money from their presale from tournament game because most will go watch the boys game instead of the girls dismantle Portsmouth or Wellston

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

The 20th is what Travis and Norm discussed. Waverly's AD is to talk to Norm in the morning to finalize the date.

G&B from huddle
JV Team

Post by G&B from huddle »

It is set
Oak Hill at Waverly
Saturday, February 20th

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Is Oak Hill playing this Saturday? If not, they should play it then considering tonight's games were cancelled. As far as I know neither team has played since last Tuesday so I don't think back to back nights would hurt either one. Next Week Waverly is at Chillicothe on Tuesday, at Northwest on Friday and would then host Oak Hill on Saturday. I say make them up as soon as you can, when you can.

Return to “Boys Basketball”