As promised.., Setting Vinton County's Record Straight

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: As promised.., Setting Vinton County's Record Straight

Post by Ironman92 »

They are rural (FU, Unioto,) but they are alsoon the outskirts of two very large cities for southern Ohio.....often when those type of schools programs get something good going the kids will make the move to that program.

How is Greenfield McClain rural?....it's not exactly Chillicothe I know...just wondering

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Gallia Academy like many schools listed have MANY kids from rural areas.....but also have a decent size city which gives a big number of it's population like Waverly, Jackson and others.

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

gahs4ever wrote:Just because Im bored and to amplify the city/county populations mentioned:

Chillicothe/Ross 21,847/75,972

Jackson/Jackson 6,184/32,641

Gallipolis/Gallia 4,180/31,069

Waverly/Pike 4,433/27,695

McArthur/Vinton 1,888/12,806
gahs4ever, Would be interested to see how many public high schools are in these counties. I believe Ross has 8 and Pike 4, but I am probably wrong.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

hitchbone64 wrote:
gahs4ever wrote:Just because Im bored and to amplify the city/county populations mentioned:

gahs4ever, Would be interested to see how many public high schools are in these counties. I believe Ross has 8 and Pike 4, but I am probably wrong.

Vinton country is between a rock and a hard place because if they were to gain any significant population at all and still only have one high school then it would bump them up to DI where they'd have to compete with the biggest dogs in the state (much as Logan does now) and it would be an enormous hurdle to jump to be competitive at that level.

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

hitchbone64 wrote:

Jackson County has 3 public schools : Jackson, Wellston, and Oak Hill.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Washington County: Marietta, Belpre, Waterford, Warren, Fort Frye, and Frontier

Perry County: New Lexington, Crooksville, Sheridan, and Miller

Athens County: Athens, Alexander, Trimble, Nelsonville-York, and Federal Hocking

Meigs: Meigs, Eastern, and Southern

Fairfield: Lancaster, Berne Union, Fairfield Union, Bloom Carroll, Amanda Clearcreek, Fisher Catholic, Liberty Union, Millersport, Pickerington North and Central

Pickaway: Circleville, Logan Elm, Teays Valley, and Westfall.

Vinton: Vinton County

Hocking: Logan

Run Bubba Run
Freshman Team

Post by Run Bubba Run »

Hawkeye,

Wellston first played in the TVC in basketball in the 82-83 season. Prior to that we played them a total of 35 times and had a 19-16 record against them. I also have us 9-8 vs Athens when they were in the SEOAL.

Also, we were 9-2 vs Meigs before they entered the TVC from the SEOAL.

I agree with you on Warren (2-2), Gallia (5-7), Logan (4-5), Marietta (0-1), Jackson (15-22) and Chillicothe (0-2).

A total figure according to my records would show 63 wins vs 65 losses for a .492 winning %.

Under Combs, the record vs the SEOAL is 20-16 for a .556 winning %.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

RBR, I got my information from your information, maybe I read it wrong. However, I did forget that Meigs was once in the SEOAL. So there you have it folks, take it from the retired gentleman who travels the highways and byways in search of this kind of information. The informational Guru of Vinton County Athletics has spoken; the Vikings have a lifetime record against the SEOAL 63 - 65! Put that in your reference bank all you Vinton County bashers.

Run Bubba Run
Freshman Team

Post by Run Bubba Run »

Hawkeye,

I will double check my figures when I get a little more time, but I am pretty certain of those figures.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Blackjack wrote:Coach Combs has done a good job but all the credit for the success of the Vikings Basketball program should go to the judge. He has the best biddie basketball program around. Without the judge, VC basketball would finish in the middle of the TVC at best year end year out.
I am not sure about that, the Judge and his many volunteers do a wonderful job of getting kids playing. However, Vinton County has been blessed with some very wonderful athletes over the years. And most certainly, we are blessed to have an individual that is the caliber of Coach Combs. Furthermore, there is a small fraction of Vinton Countians that believe our youth league is terrible. There are individuals who think we do not take it serious enough, there are those who think we should only concentrate on the best of the best players, and have more rigorious youth practices. Forgetting that these are children under the age of 12. But Robert Grillo does a wonderful job of remaining inclusive of all area youth, keeping it fun, and you cannot argue with 325 to 375 young basketball players a year he has. We as Vinton Countians cannot always see the forest from the trees. In time, these kids will preform a self-imposed attrition during their basketball careers. Then as varsity players, they will be the best of the best athletes.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Ah.....Grillo.....GREAT guy! Though a bit of a cherry-picker. Often, some of us get on here and gripe about the referees. IN the past 3 or 4 years one of the best jobs of reffing a difficult game was when Judge Grillo came out of the stands to make the calls during some intense jr high girls games at VC.

Wonder where he is from?

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

He is from the third ring of Saturn near the nebula moon. He has been hanging out with Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Well, he is out there.

Kenny Bixx Jr.
Waterboy

Post by Kenny Bixx Jr. »

the only successful sport in vc is basketball the rest of the school is a joke. cant win in football, no wins in baseball, girls basketball and softball is a joke, but i here we have a nice runnin team, but is that a sport. they need to sign combs to a lifetime contract he is the toy surprise in a box of cracker jacks. maybe we can get combs to coach all sports and we can win a all sports banner and take it from them bulldogs.

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

Maybe with the proper amount of Blatz, you could coach Football and Baseball.

Kenny Bixx Jr.
Waterboy

Post by Kenny Bixx Jr. »

throw in a carton marlboro reds and two cases of nati lite and a bottle of george dickel and i will be the a d , heck i couldnt do a worse job.

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

Kenny Bixx Jr. wrote:throw in a carton marlboro reds and two cases of nati lite and a bottle of george dickel and i will be the a d , heck i couldnt do a worse job.
Kenny don't set your goals so low. Why not aim for the White House?

Let me be the 1st to say-

Kenny Bixx Jr. for President!

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

G W McLintock wrote:
Kenny Bixx Jr. wrote:throw in a carton marlboro reds and two cases of nati lite and a bottle of george dickel and i will be the a d , heck i couldnt do a worse job.
Kenny don't set your goals so low. Why not aim for the White House?

Let me be the 1st to say-

Kenny Bixx Jr. for President!
Couldnt do any worse than the last 2 bozos or the current bozo in office.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Hey Facebook Fans, the Vinton County Boys' Basketball Program has a Facebook Page, this is the official Facebook page of all things Vikings Boys' Basketball. Check here often for news, updates, announcements, and in the future podcasts. This will be your number one source for anything Vikings Basketball. And you can find it and "Like" it here; http://www.facebook.com/pages/Vinton-Co ... 72?sk=info

Vladd
Freshman Team

Post by Vladd »

Thanks Hawkeye for the information. Looking forward to another successful Basketball Season

Return to “Boys Basketball”