Oak hill at galia academy foundation game 11-21-17

Oaktown
Freshman Team

Re: Oak hill at galia academy foundation game 11-21-17

Post by Oaktown »

I think Gallia Academy fans have a lot to look forward to this year. I saw a different game than the posters above. Loveday has made huge improvements from last season. He has a little bit more range and is not as afraid to get the ball down low. Last season he didn't act like he wanted the ball. This year he's calling for it. They have some talented guards and some good role players off the bench. Wiseman struggled to finish tonight,but I watched this kid in summer ball and that will not be the norm. Much improved defensively. Someone mentioned the Oaks making a 3 at half. This Oaks team is typically knocking down 3s left and right. Gallia Academy played tight D and the Oaks got very few open looks from beyond the arc. I wouldn't be surprised if this Gallia Academy team wins 18 games this year.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

My take on this game was. That oak hill is oak hill. But from the Gallia academy side I learned almost nothing. The Blue Devils ran that 4 high offense almost every possession of the first half and not one kid looked like they had practiced it. I mean when you throw the ball inside and get the Double team. Nothing happened no one cut to the basket. No one got in a position to shoot. It was a disaster. In the second half. When did you see that? I think they may have lined up in it one possession.
I am not worried about Gallia on the offensive end of the court. Because the spacing and the familiarity was not there they will have much better flow.

On the defensive side. For the defense they played the blue Devils played pretty sound. But once again that is not a defense they would of plated regular season. They did not press oak hill on one possession the entire game. And not that this team will be a fantastic pressing team. But they will pressure the ball a ton to speed up pace of play and to stop teams from doing to loveday what the oaks did tonight. On probably what 2/3 of the possessions they drug loveday 15 foot plus away from the basket. That is not how they want to defend. This team also did not play one possession of zone and even though they will play more man this year. If they let teams. Clear everything out and post up a better athlete underneath. They will have a long season. But they won’t play that way so no worries.

I understand part of that is because oak hill would of shrewd the press and of shot the 3 lights out over zone. But the blue Devils did not play there game tonight.

The Blue Devils want to play 11 kids and play fast. That is not what you saw tonight. That is why as a blue devil fan I can take very little from game tonight besides the fact they played a little better defense

Padrino_Azul ☠️
Waterboy

Post by Padrino_Azul ☠️ »

He may want to play 11 deep, but 8 solid players is what he has

Padrino_Azul ☠️
Waterboy

Post by Padrino_Azul ☠️ »

He may want to play 11 deep, but 8 solid players is what he has

Return to “Boys Basketball”