BRACKETS ARE UP

VisionQuest
All State

Re: BRACKETS ARE UP

Post by VisionQuest »

93Bulldog wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:29 pm Not sure LE can hold down the paint vs Warren. Huffman will be too much to handle, IMO.

Athens couldn't deal with him and the Dogs have 6'4, 6'3, 6'3 in the front court.
With that being said. LE made a game of it even with the size that Athens has. Granted they made 11 Threes in that game. Lately, LE has been on a Roll. Knocking off Hamilton TWP recently. I got LE in this one. The Underdogs will prevail.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:12 pm Potential District semi-final game between Wheelersburg and Portsmouth. Those two have had some classic battles over the years in the tourney
yes they have

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Amock0905 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:10 pm Thought this post was about the bracket?? 😂
Maybe one of the moderators can just change the title to Logan Elm vs. Warren.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

VisionQuest wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:12 pm
93Bulldog wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:29 pm Not sure LE can hold down the paint vs Warren. Huffman will be too much to handle, IMO.

Athens couldn't deal with him and the Dogs have 6'4, 6'3, 6'3 in the front court.
With that being said. LE made a game of it even with the size that Athens has. Granted they made 11 Threes in that game. Lately, LE has been on a Roll. Knocking off Hamilton TWP recently. I got LE in this one. The Underdogs will prevail.
Logan Elm is playing better right now and you can see those freshmen becoming more comfortable with the varsity game, getting the ball to the hole a little more, pulling up for an elbow, etc. Still reliant on the three, but the other parts of the game are coming.

The kids are playing hard and the coaching staff has done a great job with this team, but at the end of the day physical limitations are physical limitations. If a tall and athletic team plays well against LE, LE is going to be in trouble with its smaller lineup.

Should be a good atmosphere next Friday night in the Purple Palace. Two solid programs and coaching staffs getting together for another tournament showdown.
Last edited by bman on Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Amock0905
Freshman Team

Post by Amock0905 »

bman wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:17 pm
Amock0905 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:10 pm Thought this post was about the bracket?? 😂
Maybe one of the moderators can just change the title to Logan Elm vs. Warren.
Or let’s bash Athens! I for one am looking forward to round 3 of vc/Athens someone mentioned earlier maybe combs should just prepare for fairland, but I know combs and combs doesn’t take any opponent lightly. I’m gonna take vc by 5 in overtime the Vikings will be fired up and ready to play, id be in Logan on the 23rd at 6 because this game is gonna be good folks

The 24 year drought is over! 🏈🏆
thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

I’ll take Athens by that 5

seopcommenter
Riding the Bench
Location: i like to back my statemints up with historical factoids

Post by seopcommenter »

a tail as old as time ... the planes will destroy the vikings ships

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

I like the OVC’s chances in Fairland and Coal Grove to make the Regionals if not farther.

Waterboy
Freshman Team

Post by Waterboy »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:42 pm I like the OVC’s chances in Fairland and Coal Grove to make the Regionals if not farther.
I agree.

I’m a neutral fannnnn of every one in southern ohio
donaldtrump
Freshman Team

Post by donaldtrump »

I'm not so sold on Fairland anymore. For starters, every time they play a team who give them a game, a couple of there players start running their mouths...Everyone who's watched them play knows who their big talker is.... The fans from Fairland are spoiled from pounding everyone and start screaming and acting like darn fools when ever call doesn't go there way. This then just adds fire to players on the team one in particular to start his crap...As far as I'm concerned the trouble that occurred during the Fairland/Waverly game was caused by the Fairland fans and one bad actor player for Fairland who talked the whole game.... Even though most of what I read on preps puts the blame on Waverly.. I didn't see it that way. Not mentioning names but kid who I think is a really good kid actually swung at a Waverly kid while he was on the floor. He should've gotten a flagrant TF and not been allowed to play in next game. I've never seen this kid do that. He's a good kid. Fairland will not go as far this year in my opinion... Not because there a div. higher or because they lost Short kid, but because there getting to cocky now and think there better than they are. It will get them smoked!!!!! I put a lot of the Blame on there fans......

Omaha09
Waterboy

Post by Omaha09 »

donaldtrump wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:26 pm I'm not so sold on Fairland anymore. For starters, every time they play a team who give them a game, a couple of there players start running their mouths...Everyone who's watched them play knows who their big talker is.... The fans from Fairland are spoiled from pounding everyone and start screaming and acting like darn fools when ever call doesn't go there way. This then just adds fire to players on the team one in particular to start his crap...As far as I'm concerned the trouble that occurred during the Fairland/Waverly game was caused by the Fairland fans and one bad actor player for Fairland who talked the whole game.... Even though most of what I read on preps puts the blame on Waverly.. I didn't see it that way. Not mentioning names but kid who I think is a really good kid actually swung at a Waverly kid while he was on the floor. He should've gotten a flagrant TF and not been allowed to play in next game. I've never seen this kid do that. He's a good kid. Fairland will not go as far this year in my opinion... Not because there a div. higher or because they lost Short kid, but because there getting to cocky now and think there better than they are. It will get them smoked!!!!! I put a lot of the Blame on there fans......
This is blasphemy

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:42 pm I like the OVC’s chances in Fairland and Coal Grove to make the Regionals if not farther.
Got my vote on this................

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Fairland will have its hands full with Athens/VC winner. Wont be an easy 1st rd district win.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

93Bulldog wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:15 am Fairland will have its hands full with Athens/VC winner. Wont be an easy 1st rd district win.
😳

Not sure what information you base that on, but we shall see.

Allthewayup11
Freshman Team

Post by Allthewayup11 »

Im my humble opinion, I think Athens would give Warren a massive run now. Tail of two teams.

Allthewayup11
Freshman Team

Post by Allthewayup11 »

93Bulldog wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:15 am Fairland will have its hands full with Athens/VC winner. Wont be an easy 1st rd district win.
Agreed, other than the rivalry, I think a lot of people are looking past these two teams VC and Athens. They are both contenders if they hit on of those games on all cylinders as we have seen lately.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:31 am
😳

Not sure what information you base that on, but we shall see.
Athens had Fairland on the ropes last year. Dragons won on a last sec shot. First games at convo always tricky. VC/Athens get hot from outside first, but pressure on the favorite, things could be interesting. But make no mistake, Fairland an easy 10 point favorite against either.

letsgo
Waterboy

Post by letsgo »

Bold prediction: Fairland does NOT win a District Final.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

letsgo wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:13 am Bold prediction: Fairland does NOT win a District Final.
I think they will still, but things don’t seem to be flowing as well down on the river.

4out1in
Waterboy

Post by 4out1in »

Nice of the district board to put the brackets up on their website. Now if they wouldn't be last every year to get them to the ohsaa site, that would be great.

Return to “Boys Basketball”