JV Team

Re: Alex @ Athens 2/16

Post by Reds Fan »

Athens has been on a role, the dogs by 15

ARod74
Waterboy

Post by ARod74 »

athens has too many threats to score. athens by 20.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Alex is a team of Scrappers. I like Mecums play and the Kearns boy can Shoot. Kam Riley a 3pt threat also. Stone Markins is coming back from an Injury-will he be the X-Factor? I don't see Athens rolling as they are coming off a week long break and haven't seen good man to man for awhile now. Should be a good one.

spartans_fan
Varsity

Post by spartans_fan »

VisionQuest wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:48 am Alex is a team of Scrappers. I like Mecums play and the Kearns boy can Shoot. Kam Riley a 3pt threat also. Stone Markins is coming back from an Injury-will he be the X-Factor? I don't see Athens rolling as they are coming off a week long break and haven't seen good man to man for awhile now. Should be a good one.
I agree. Athens is capable of doing some things that Alexander does not handle very well, but not sure they will do it. I really think this will be a five point game one way or the other. Athens seems to have found some continuity over the past three or four weeks. How much has Athens trailed in their current winning streak? Just wondering if the good vibration continues if they fall behind.

It should be a good one.

Go Alex.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

spartans_fan wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:09 pm
VisionQuest wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:48 am Alex is a team of Scrappers. I like Mecums play and the Kearns boy can Shoot. Kam Riley a 3pt threat also. Stone Markins is coming back from an Injury-will he be the X-Factor? I don't see Athens rolling as they are coming off a week long break and haven't seen good man to man for awhile now. Should be a good one.
I agree. Athens is capable of doing some things that Alexander does not handle very well, but not sure they will do it. I really think this will be a five point game one way or the other. Athens seems to have found some continuity over the past three or four weeks. How much has Athens trailed in their current winning streak? Just wondering if the good vibration continues if they fall behind.

It should be a good one.

Go Alex.
If they haven't been blowing teams out lately then they are neck and neck it seems. Jackson went ahead by a couple late in that game and Athens surged back. Against VC they were ahead double digits and held off a 4th quarter rally by VC to win by 2

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

It should be a good one.

Go Alex.
Elaborate a little? Like a full court press?

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

With 4 of the top 5 players in the TVC, this game will not be close at the end. Athens big!

bburner
Freshman Team

Post by bburner »

Alex is at a big disadvantage without Terry - especially against a bigger Bulldog team. Athens by 10

Bigman83
Riding the Bench

Post by Bigman83 »

With Terry out, i think Athens takes this one. Terry plays into this game as a rim protector and a big mismatch on the offensive end. Athens should be able to get into the lane easily. Watching Alexander, they aren't bad defensively once they're first setup, but after a couple ball reversals or dribble penetration/kickouts, they get shifted easily and that opens up driving lanes. Athens by 10-15

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Athens big man may be out too. Illness. So that's a wash inside.

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

Alex wins by better coaching and better teamwork.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

vcgrad wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:12 pm Alex wins by better coaching and better teamwork.
So coaching & teamwork were good enough to win at Vinton, but not good enough to beat Alex at home?

therealNY
Freshman Team

Post by therealNY »

vcgrad wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:12 pm Alex wins by better coaching and better teamwork.
you obviously haven't seen good coaching..........

If you ain't first, you're last!
VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

93Bulldog wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:50 pm Athens big man may be out too. Illness. So that's a wash inside.
Hate to hear that. Which big man? We have 3.

spartans_fan
Varsity

Post by spartans_fan »

Not sure which one, but Hynes is the only one that scares me inside. The other "bigs" like to play outside. The do provide size and length, but not the same threat that Hynes is in the post.

See you all tonight!

Go Alex.

spartans_fan
Varsity

Post by spartans_fan »

VisionQuest wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:08 pm

It should be a good one.

Go Alex.
Elaborate a little? Like a full court press?
I am not going to give away the secret sauce... but there are teams that Alexander competes with that, record wise, are better than we are. There are other teams we should beat, but the matchup and styles are not a good fit for what Alexander does well. I think Athens can do those things, but they did not do them at the Alley in the first match up.

Good luck to everyone tonight.

Go Alex.

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

NOPE--- we gave the game away at Mcarthur. We lost--but it will all be settled on 2/23---see you then.

therealNY
Freshman Team

Post by therealNY »

vcgrad wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:13 pm NOPE--- we gave the game away at Mcarthur. We lost--but it will all be settled on 2/23---see you then.
No, I MORE TALENTED team beat you then, and they will beat you again........

If you ain't first, you're last!
hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

therealNY wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:23 pm
vcgrad wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:13 pm NOPE--- we gave the game away at Mcarthur. We lost--but it will all be settled on 2/23---see you then.
No, I MORE TALENTED team beat you then, and they will beat you again........
Im sure one day they will I just don't see it happening this year.

bburner
Freshman Team

Post by bburner »

Athens up 16 - 5 Q1

Return to “Boys Basketball”