Convo 3/1 Fairland (64) - (45) Vinton County

E High
All State

Re: Vinton County vs Fairland 3/1

Post by E High »

Fairland won't win by 20 . Both teams have been there and done that . VC is playing better and appear to be back from early season problems. d-2 is different then d-3 . VC has a punchers chance .

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Good luck to the Fairland Dragons...........

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

VC all the way!!!!! Do Vikings slay dragons?

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

When Fairland is playing their best, they are the best team in the SE district. Vinton County can win, but they better bring their A game to the Convo. The Dragons not only are talented, but they have big game experience, having played at the Scottenstein Center just last season......and they played arguably the toughest non-conference schedule of any D2 SE team.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Fairland played what, one more game than VC last year? Lol

They got big game experience too.

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

93Bulldog wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:22 pm Fairland played what, one more game than VC last year? Lol

They got big game experience too.
Shhh! You're not supposed to bring up facts here! Like, let's say, that Division 2 is much more difficult to navigate than Division 3 was last year.

If Fairland gets back to Columbus, they will have earned it, because from this game on, they will have a stiff test at every round.

Unbiased
Waterboy

Post by Unbiased »

I’d like to see a close game and I think the first half may be just that. However, I think that Fairland has VC outmatched at too many positions. I see Fairland running away with it by 12-15. Fairland 74-61.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

I think it may be more difficult for a SE team to win the D3 regional this year than will D2 be.......with undefeated Harvest Prep or Bishop Ready looming as a D3 regional representive from the Central District, those two might be pose a much more difficult challenge than what we'll see in D2. There won't be a Walnut Ridge or Eastmoor Academy that the D2 teams have to deal with, both of whom eliminated Unioto and Vinton County respectively. Zanesville, Union Local, or maybe someone else from the East District could be a problem, but I would favor a SE team against them.

JustusLeague
Freshman Team

Post by JustusLeague »

Unbiased wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:41 pm I’d like to see a close game and I think the first half may be just that. However, I think that Fairland has VC outmatched at too many positions. I see Fairland running away with it by 12-15. Fairland 74-61.
Agree. Coaching will be an interesting match-up as well.

mickylikeylicky
Waterboy

Post by mickylikeylicky »

Vinton County by 6 ,Fairland will choke they have no experience 72-70 Fairland

The Flash
Varsity

Post by The Flash »

mickylikeylicky wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:59 pm Vinton County by 6 ,Fairland will choke they have no experience 72-70 Fairland
No experience? All five starters are seniors that played in a state semifinal last year.

The Flash
Varsity

Post by The Flash »

And 72-70 Fairland doesn’t mean Vinton Co wins by 6 😂

Amock0905
Freshman Team

Post by Amock0905 »

vc also had a very tough non conference schedule with logan x2 chillicothe which is also d1! Vc matches up well on paper and nobody can say they are outmatched at all positions when vc arguably has one of the best point guards in SE Ohio and SG/SF being naylan yates and the underrated Nevan yates who can and has exploded this year for big games when not taken seriously

The 24 year drought is over! 🏈🏆
vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

We will be prepared--the question will can we get out to a lead? If so we have a great chance---If we get behind by 10 or more---bad news. You never know this time of year--ask Unioto a few years back---we had no chance it that game either!!! Vikings by 3. We have to take the ball to the hole not live and die by the 3, need to get them into foul trouble.

Allthewayup11
Freshman Team

Post by Allthewayup11 »

ovcfan12 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:09 pmThoughts?
Hopeful of a Vinton County win, but the big guys underneath will have to stay out of foul trouble. Fairland 74-66. If Speakman and Yates come out smokin hot, all bets are off. Good luck tVC!

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

going to be a good game. But it is tourney time and anything can happen. A few breaks that favor VC in this game and VC can be moving on

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

E High wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:50 am Fairland won't win by 20 . Both teams have been there and done that . VC is playing better and appear to be back from early season problems. d-2 is different then d-3 . VC has a punchers chance .
I'd take that bet.

That's not a knock on Vinton County or Combs, who's a fantastic coach. Fairland is just in a league of their own in SE Ohio. Damron is a big kid but he doesn't have the speed to keep Van Horn in front, that's going to be a problem.

Fairland is all seniors now and is just on another planet. They want that State title regardless of which division they're in.

I'm going with:

Fairland 74
Vinton C 50
Last edited by bbjunky81 on Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Resurgent_Thinker
Riding the Bench

Post by Resurgent_Thinker »

Fairland by 5

Reds Fan
JV Team

Post by Reds Fan »

It will be interesting to see how coach combs and his Vikings approach this game. IMO i would slow the game and make fairland run some offense. This will take Fairland out of their style of play which is the run and gun play style. It’s obvious that Van Horn will get his but if VC can limit the other guards to 8 points or so they have a good chance to win this game. VC has been in the underdog position before against unioto in the 2016 district semi and the vikes very well. I know it’s a different team but history could repeat its self. I’m gonna take Vc by 3

Vito Corleone
Freshman Team

Post by Vito Corleone »

Fairland is just in a different class. They win this one by 15. Maybe more

Making offers you can't refuse

Return to “Boys Basketball”