Good deal

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Logan/Wheelersburg/Chillicothe

Post by Ironman92 »

bvmv4life wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:48 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:26 pm
bvmv4life wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:23 pm

I do the scorebook for Chilly....I'll buy the popcorn and water Saturday....
What time you want it and I’ll bring it to you on the house?

PM me what time you’ll be getting there and I’ll have your parking paid as well
Cool! I'll be there at 5:30 .....if u follow Junior High we play Jackson Wednesday at CMS to see who goes to the Championship Saturday morning....7th grade starts at 5
Main entrance off Huron St or off Rt 139

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

The Chillicothe and Logan game could have went either way . 1 - 2 point game most of the way . Logan I thought did not play well IMO . They have been on the road in CENTRAL DISTRICT all of Jan. Their schedule is by far way tougher than Wheelersburg . Not even close . Wheelersburg would get beat by Chillicothe at Chillicothe or Neutral site . Neither Wheelersburg or Chillicothe would waltz into Pick North and beat PN . Logan did that and did it convincingly ( 23 points ) Home court in these games is a game changer . If all played the same schedule the cream comes to the top . Only matchup that has a possibility is Chillicothe and Logan in 1st or second round of tourney . Holdren might be the best all around player but does not have the better supporting players . Chillicothe has the better big inside in Noel which makes a tough matchup. Logan has the better 1thru 5 . 3 really good teams that competes each and every night .

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Truth&fiction wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:36 pm The Chillicothe and Logan game could have went either way . 1 - 2 point game most of the way . Logan I thought did not play well IMO . They have been on the road in CENTRAL DISTRICT all of Jan. Their schedule is by far way tougher than Wheelersburg . Not even close . Wheelersburg would get beat by Chillicothe at Chillicothe or Neutral site . Neither Wheelersburg or Chillicothe would waltz into Pick North and beat PN . Logan did that and did it convincingly ( 23 points ) Home court in these games is a game changer . If all played the same schedule the cream comes to the top . Only matchup that has a possibility is Chillicothe and Logan in 1st or second round of tourney . Holdren might be the best all around player but does not have the better supporting players . Chillicothe has the better big inside in Noel which makes a tough matchup. Logan has the better 1thru 5 . 3 really good teams that competes each and every night .
Thanks for playing

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Truth&fiction wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:36 pm The Chillicothe and Logan game could have went either way . 1 - 2 point game most of the way . Logan I thought did not play well IMO . They have been on the road in CENTRAL DISTRICT all of Jan. Their schedule is by far way tougher than Wheelersburg . Not even close . Wheelersburg would get beat by Chillicothe at Chillicothe or Neutral site . Neither Wheelersburg or Chillicothe would waltz into Pick North and beat PN . Logan did that and did it convincingly ( 23 points ) Home court in these games is a game changer . If all played the same schedule the cream comes to the top . Only matchup that has a possibility is Chillicothe and Logan in 1st or second round of tourney . Holdren might be the best all around player but does not have the better supporting players . Chillicothe has the better big inside in Noel which makes a tough matchup. Logan has the better 1thru 5 . 3 really good teams that competes each and every night .
I agree

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

Chilly then logan then Burg

Burg better than I thought. Games would be close but I think Chilly is best team and Logan could be tied I’d be ok. As 4 Floyd’s rankings I would have 1. Burg 2. Logan 3. Chillicothe because all games count and Chillicothe has been upset early and other two no

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:17 pm
bvmv4life wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:01 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:07 pm Was trying to think of my “Elite 8”...but couldn’t get to #1, 2 or 3 and satisfied with it. To me these 3 teams are out in front of everyone else and while the Sheridan’s, Warren’s and others may prove otherwise...these are the 3

To me...I think Burg and Logan are darn near carbon copies. Each team has the super star and multiple other players that can score and get it done. If I had to bet a winner I’d take Logan for the fact that I think Myers is better at staying on the court. Logan has some losses and some great wins....Burg has good wins and no losses. I believe Logan would be undefeated with Burg’s schedule and Burg’s record similar with Logan’s schedules. I have no issue with either team being above or below the other....if ever a tie, I’d give it.

Chillicothe...IMO the toughest matchup in the district. Lost early to ZT and WCH but everyone knows they aren’t the same team. They have some losses and they count but right now I wouldn’t pick any team over them. Maughmer isn’t quite as good as the superstars but 6’7 and big Noel is the catch. Chillicothe has the guards to defend and handle and score when needed, not as Logan or Burg but no slouch. Logan and Chilly split and darn even.

I think these 3 are nearly impossible to rank.

Using whole season I guess I’d go:

1. Burg
2. Logan
3. Chillicothe

But I’d take Chilly in a neutral site head to head right now over the other two (not that I’d be right but still)
Lol did u say Maughmer isnt as good as the superstars? 20pts vs Logan,14pts vs Hillsboro and 22 pts last night...Maughmer or Jayvon as I call him took over the 2nd half vs Logan....he is as good as the "superstars" and a junior.....I'm sure you'll see Saturday......
My God it’s easy to hurt feelings on here. People just swoop in after reading anything that might be insulting. Yes, Maughmer is terrible and Jackson will win by eleventy billion Saturday.

I’m done making threads. No one wants to add anything other than the people that always post.

Maughmer is one of the best players in the SE district. PERIOD...and I’ve complimented him in my posts numerous times this year. In my opinion he’s not as good as Holden or Myers and his year doesn’t matter because this thread is about this year...but no one wants to talk about the topic.
He is not as good as Myers or Holden. Don't worry about it 92.
btw hes not leading his team in scoring.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:43 am
Ironman92 wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:17 pm
bvmv4life wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:01 pm

Lol did u say Maughmer isnt as good as the superstars? 20pts vs Logan,14pts vs Hillsboro and 22 pts last night...Maughmer or Jayvon as I call him took over the 2nd half vs Logan....he is as good as the "superstars" and a junior.....I'm sure you'll see Saturday......
My God it’s easy to hurt feelings on here. People just swoop in after reading anything that might be insulting. Yes, Maughmer is terrible and Jackson will win by eleventy billion Saturday.

I’m done making threads. No one wants to add anything other than the people that always post.

Maughmer is one of the best players in the SE district. PERIOD...and I’ve complimented him in my posts numerous times this year. In my opinion he’s not as good as Holden or Myers and his year doesn’t matter because this thread is about this year...but no one wants to talk about the topic.
He is not as good as Myers or Holden. Don't worry about it 92.
btw hes not leading his team in scoring.
Oh we’re good. Maughmer is an excellent all-around player.

Ohio1234
JV Team

Post by Ohio1234 »

Although I have not seen Wheelersburg play, I have seen most of Chillicothe and also Logan both times they played Chillicothe. For me I would say that of course Logan and Chillicothe Have the tougher schedule, but I will also state that 18-0 no matter who you play is impressive. Chillicothe's Top Games Logan x2 (loss at logan 56-50 w at chilli 52-47) Canal Winchester (loss at Canal 70-67 on a last second deep three), Upper Arlington (loss a tough physical game 55-49), Granville (beat a very solid Grandville team 50-48 early), Jackson x2 beat Jackson 55-35 and still have one more to go), still have a Alexandria and warren left to play. For Logan you can't deny their schedule which is probably the toughest in SEohio. As far as talent is concerned Myer is a baller and can do a little bit of everything Holden I have not seen play but hear good things. For Chillicothe no one player out of our big three of Maughmer, Noel, Beard, is any better than the other all three can go off on any given night and the last game against meigs they all got in the action scoring 20+ a piece. For that reason I think that when clicking on allcylinders Chillicothe is the best team, the concern is that Chillicothe is not deep at all and if these three aren't scoring well it can be a long night all three are junior and all three are getting comfortable in their roles. I would be hard pressed to bet that many teams in the central district would like to play Chillicothe right now.

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

I've seen all three play. like many have said on here Logan and Burg are very similar. i think both are better than Chilli JMO. Basketball is all about matchups and who can dictate style of play.i think Logan and Burg are both very good at this. Chilli not as much. That's why i like both over Chilli. As for the Logan/Burg matchup i think both would win at home and a coin flip neutral decided by supporting cast shooting. that and a quater gets you some gum

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

TTT

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Chilly would beat Burg!

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Very interesting to think about these 3 teams. I may be a little biased, but I would take Logan as the best team. I don't think any of these other teams could waltz into Pick North and win (let alone by 23!). As well as play 6 of their 7 January games as true road games and only get edged out in one of them. Logan's only two other losses are to Gahanna and Davidson, who are two very very good teams in the Columbus area (D1).

I give Burg credit for going 18-0 to this point. That is impressive regardless of who you are. But, if you traded off their schedule and Logan's schedule, I don't know that they would be 12-3 like the Chiefs are. Just my opinion.

Chillicothe and Logan have split games, so it's hard to say which one is better. Both teams won on their home court.

It's so impossible for us to say which one is better without any bias, but it's definitely a fun conversation to have.

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:50 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:26 pm

What time you want it and I’ll bring it to you on the house?

PM me what time you’ll be getting there and I’ll have your parking paid as well
Cool! I'll be there at 5:30 .....if u follow Junior High we play Jackson Wednesday at CMS to see who goes to the Championship Saturday morning....7th grade starts at 5
My 8th grade plays at 11 cmon over....

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

bvmv4life wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:09 am
Ironman92 wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:50 pm

My 8th grade plays at 11 cmon over....
Lol I just left! I watched Jackson 7th grade win it all. I’ve already been to Gallia Academy for solo and ensemble band competition. I’ll be back around 2:30

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

End 1 Freshman

Chillicothe 15
Jackson 11

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Half

Jackson 23
Chillicothe 21

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Chillicothe 40
Jackson 37

End 3

Best freshman game I’ve seen
Last edited by Ironman92 on Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wooster
Waterboy

Post by Wooster »

I’d pay $20 to watch just 2 of these play each other. All 3, take my wallet.
Fundraiser ideas.

Return to “Boys Basketball”