Possible POY in TVC

Sniper_Fan
Waterboy

Re: Possible POY in TVC

Post by Sniper_Fan »

Allthewayup11 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:24 pm

Yeah, I will stay out of that topic when it comes about, but will be a heck of a column for Dear Abby! LOL. So the coach picks his own players for ALL-TVC? I don't think I ever paid attention to that, I only assumed it was all the other coaches playing against a team in that conference that would be part of picking players from a team? As I assume he would pick from others teams. That's like Lebron and Steph Curry picking their own teams, LOL.
Each coach nominates their POY candidate and the other coaches vote. All league is strictly chosen by the individual coaches and the others just rubber stamp.

So, it is the Athens coach that will pick his POY nominee, and will select his 3 all league players. Will be VERY VERY interesting. Chances of one of the parents, err, "posters" on here being extremely butthurt is 100%. Hahahaha

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

This award basically goes to a senior every year unless it’s D1 athlete. I hope Speakman gets it

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Allthewayup11 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:02 pm Not down playing at all. The kid isn't flashy, struggles at the free throw line or at least he did when I watched him, and doesn't shoot the 3 very well. My only point to my "agreeing with you" was his heart and hustle and the change of his position were the contributing factors to his success and it appeared that was the momentum changer when the kid got moved up top. Butcher came down low as a starter and opened up a ton of transition opportunities. The Defense also got more solid up top and down low. Making that defense stifling. Right players right fit.

Bulldog93, do you have any stats on turnovers for the Dogs? Just curious.

Also, Vision, I just mentioned above that almost anyone of the Athens kids will be contenders for POY next year. How is that not supportive. You are turning a mole hill into a mountain. As far as the other post, its an opinion post right? Didn't join this group to establish wars, as I thought this was an open forum. I don't talk about coaches, I don't talk negatively about kids, (my comment might lend to some skillsets they could work on is not negative) I don't talk about refs. Seriously, this is a public forum.

I have agreed with comments, disagreed with others, but dang Vision, it's gonna be ok. LOL Night will come, the clock will change, the sun will come up and some days it will rain or snow. Guess what, they will keep playing basketball and we area all armchair quarterbacks and Basketball General Managers and scouts in our minds when we wanna be. Bulldog93 for President! LOL
You claim you don't see all the games and still make blanket statements about the players. I have access to Channel 15 to watch games and the Athens Messenger to read Stat lines. I also make it to quite a few games. So yes I will point out your Absurd statements, there is another unbiased party in this in 93Bulldog who announces every game and has access to all the Statistics. So I will take his word for it. Again I have watched these kids for several years. Tell me again how a player who 93Bulldog says is near the top in every category and leads in a few, does not understand the Game. I'm sorry but this is Laughable and I can't let you make those statements if they are utterly and absurdly false.

therealNY
Freshman Team

Post by therealNY »

93Bulldog can't be trusted. He's an alum of The Plains!

If you ain't first, you're last!
Allthewayup11
Freshman Team

Post by Allthewayup11 »

VisionQuest wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:57 pm
Allthewayup11 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:02 pm Not down playing at all. The kid isn't flashy, struggles at the free throw line or at least he did when I watched him, and doesn't shoot the 3 very well. My only point to my "agreeing with you" was his heart and hustle and the change of his position were the contributing factors to his success and it appeared that was the momentum changer when the kid got moved up top. Butcher came down low as a starter and opened up a ton of transition opportunities. The Defense also got more solid up top and down low. Making that defense stifling. Right players right fit.

Also, Vision, I just mentioned above that almost anyone of the Athens kids will be contenders for POY next year. How is that not supportive. You are turning a mole hill into a mountain. As far as the other post, its an opinion post right? Didn't join this group to establish wars, as I thought this was an open forum. I don't talk about coaches, I don't talk negatively about kids, (my comment might lend to some skillsets they could work on is not negative) I don't talk about refs. Seriously, this is a public forum.

I have agreed with comments, disagreed with others, but dang Vision, it's gonna be ok. LOL Night will come, the clock will change, the sun will come up and some days it will rain or snow. Guess what, they will keep playing basketball and we area all armchair quarterbacks and Basketball General Managers and scouts in our minds when we wanna be. Bulldog93 for President! LOL
You claim you don't see all the games and still make blanket statements about the players. I have access to Channel 15 to watch games and the Athens Messenger to read Stat lines. I also make it to quite a few games. So yes I will point out your Absurd statements, there is another unbiased party in this in 93Bulldog who announces every game and has access to all the Statistics. So I will take his word for it. Again I have watched these kids for several years. Tell me again how a player who 93Bulldog says is near the top in every category and leads in a few, does not understand the Game. I'm sorry but this is Laughable and I can't let you make those statements if they are utterly and absurdly false.
OK, Vision, I apologize for rattling your cage. You are right in every facet. I'm absurd and biased.

Bulldog93, do you have any numbers on turnovers for the Athens Bulldogs by player this year? I'm just curious, if the only one constructive generalization I made was off base that was obviously taken negatively. If so, I will submit to Vision's cry for help! LOL

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Allthewayup11 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:14 pm
VisionQuest wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:57 pm

OK, Vision, I apologize for rattling your cage. You are right in every facet. I'm absurd and biased.

Bulldog93, do you have any numbers on turnovers for the Athens Bulldogs by player this year? I'm just curious, if the only one constructive generalization I made was off base that was obviously taken negatively. If so, I will submit to Vision's cry for help! LOL
Since you seem to be analyzing this Athens team. And supposedly watch very closely. What skill set does Maxfield need to work on in the upcoming offseason? I know you watch him because you pointed out all his best attributes and even knew he had 15 Charge Fouls and would probably have 40 if the Coach didn't want him to risk injury.. So with your Expertise in Basketball critiquing and since you analyzed all his teammates and listed the flaws in their Skillsets on this Forum, please do us the honor and tell us what he should work on, maybe this info can get back to him and he can work on it in the Offseason.

Sniper_Fan
Waterboy

Post by Sniper_Fan »

Vision Quest - Breathe. Relax. Go outside and take a walk. Read a book. Meditate. Look at the clouds. Listen to soothing music. Take a warm bath.

We ALL agree - your kid is really good at basketball and better than all of the other ones.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

therealNY wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:59 pm 93Bulldog can't be trusted. He's an alum of The Plains!
Hey I went to The Plains

Allthewayup11
Freshman Team

Post by Allthewayup11 »

I am glad I am off work today, gees... I am no expert, and don't claim to be. No one is trying to hurt your feelings.

If you read what I said he needs to work on Free throws, three pointers and to dd to that some of his baseline shots selections like driving into a crowd of 6'4 or taller athletes versus taking the pull up shot. Every kid always has things to work on, no one is the exception. The team gels well and are riding a high right now, and it will prove itself out for all of them versus Vinton county. His movement to the top was the one most noted in what I have seen recently and have heard on the radio multiple times.

Again, my commentary was around hustle and heart was as to why I had noted him for POY, not necessarily his skill sets. The team seems to feed off him and his intangibles was my point. Not all great players have to be the best at putting up numbers, and leading categories versus being a competitor at a little bit of everything. This was why I said he should be considered.

PS... it not hard to note that the kid has around 15 charges because the radio commentators say it on the radio as they seem to be keeping a running talley. I'm assume you don't know what they are saying on the radio if your there. I can only assume, being moved to the top, he really hasn't been in a position to take as many nor with this team being without Cozart would you risk a replacement getting injured before tournament time.

They will need everyone of those starters to be healthy and on their game to beat Vinton again.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

therealNY wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:59 pm 93Bulldog can't be trusted. He's an alum of The Plains!
Even worse, Chauncey kid. Haha

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

Let me throw out some names of Jrs for next year since the Athens people have named all of their starters . Zach Bartrum , Ethan Boyer, Justin Perry , Dylan Mechum,Eli Griffith and Stone Markins ( If he is healthy) ( Forgive me if I miss spelled any) . All as good if not better than some mentioned . IMO At the beginning of the year I thought it would be between Yates and Cozard . Yates injury opened the door for for Speakman . With Cozards absence could that open the door for someone else from Athens , Maybe , But with Yates back and playing very well IT WILL BE TOUGH TO PICK ANYONE ELSE .

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Truth&fiction wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:51 pm Let me throw out some names of Jrs for next year since the Athens people have named all of their starters . Zach Bartrum , Ethan Boyer, Justin Perry , Dylan Mechum,Eli Griffith and Stone Markins ( If he is healthy) ( Forgive me if I miss spelled any) . All as good if not better than some mentioned . IMO At the beginning of the year I thought it would be between Yates and Cozard . Yates injury opened the door for for Speakman . With Cozards absence could that open the door for someone else from Athens , Maybe , But with Yates back and playing very well IT WILL BE TOUGH TO PICK ANYONE ELSE .
Lets all be honest here. Yates had it wrapped up before the season started. His injury allowed some others a glimmer of a chance. He got his 1,000 points recently so now he is probably a lock. Doesn't seem to matter what a player does on the offensive and defensive end combined as far as general consensus from the Public, everyone looks at PPG. In the pre-season A few had Mattox from Meigs, Speakman from VC-I actually had Cozart and Hynes from Athens in the pre-season and said I looked for them both to have breakout seasons.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Sniper_Fan wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:17 pm

Also, Vision, I just mentioned above that almost anyone of the Athens kids will be contenders for POY next year. How is that not supportive. You are turning a mole hill into a mountain.
Well, Alltheway, have you considered the POSSIBILITY that Vision Queen might actually have a kid on the Bulldog team that is mentioned in the thread?? Just throwing it our there. Hard to believe, I know.

And if you think this is fun, wait until the All-TVC team comes out when the Athens coach will select only 3 players. Hmm, let me grab some popcorn to watch this dumpster fire on here. Someone's Athens TVC POY nominee from Athens won't even make it to the all league team. LOL LOL
BOOM!!! +1

therealNY
Freshman Team

Post by therealNY »

I can't see anyone giving Chubb much competition next year. As much as I hate The Plains, the kid has talent and a very young junior.

bburner
Freshman Team

Post by bburner »

therealNY wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:59 pm I can't see anyone giving Chubb much competition next year. As much as I hate The Plains, the kid has talent and a very young junior.
Why wait? Let's go ahead & give it to him now. Then we won't have to have such a big thread next year.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

bburner wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:13 am
therealNY wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:59 pm I can't see anyone giving Chubb much competition next year. As much as I hate The Plains, the kid has talent and a very young junior.
Why wait? Let's go ahead & give it to him now. Then we won't have to have such a big thread next year.
hahaha next year will be a lot like this one.

A handful of worthy players next season I think.

therealNY
Freshman Team

Post by therealNY »

Good point. Let’s do it.

KaneBrown
Waterboy

Post by KaneBrown »

Barringer or the little Facemyer point guard from the Eastern Eagles.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Couple of great articles in The Athens Post recently highlighting the season Maxfield is having. Unbiased reporting about what he is doing on Both ends of the Court. Don't just take it from the Bulldog Faithful and read the Articles. Yates clearly was the Frontrunner before the season started. Maxfield has taken the reigns with his play and helping turn Athens season around. Maxfield POY in the TVC-Ohio.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

therealNY wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:10 am
Good point. Let’s do it.
Interesting side note on last years Co-POY's. Griffin Lutz and Tristan Bartoe. Someone correct me if I am wrong but Lutz who was recruited by Marietta College went one semester there and is now a student at OU. Bartoe recruited by Rio Grande now just a student there also, neither playing basketball at the Next Level. Derek Jones a player for VC who played in the shadows of Yates and Bartoe last year is on the Basketball Roster for Shawnee State.

Return to “Boys Basketball”