Possible POY in TVC

thebarlowbandit
All State

Re: Possible POY in TVC

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Dundas wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:21 am
VisionQuest wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:22 am
JustusLeague wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:13 am

Is there an age maximum for POY? Just curious.
I think it should be 18. But that's me.

What a pathetic excuse for a human being. Continuing to pick on a kid for his age.... I hope Naylan goes off for 40 against you next week. Maxfield is a great player but he's not had the numbers that the 19 year old and Speakman has had, who is 18 btw. Imo, the co poy should be Speakman and Yates.
Interesting how this person bemoans how the Athens kids get treated, but in the same breath he trashes other kids. The jealous is deep in this one.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

morehead state wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:27 am Three Div 1 college assistant coaches were at the Alexander vs Athens game . It is safe to say they were there to scout Maxfield.
3 huh? Mind sharing with us where these three DI coaches were from?

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

morehead state wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:27 am Three Div 1 college assistant coaches were at the Alexander vs Athens game . It is safe to say they were there to scout Maxfield.
I'm not one to say anything bad about a kid, and I'm not going to. But, I doubt there were three D1 coaches there.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

VisionQuest wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:22 am
JustusLeague wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:13 am
VisionQuest wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:11 pm Alright I am done. I have said my Peace. No more about Maxfield. The TVC-Ohio regular season has ended and The Defense Rests.
Is there an age maximum for POY? Just curious.
I think it should be 18. But that's me.
Asking if there is an age maximum seemed like a joke, at least I think. But, the worse part about that is that you actually said, you think that nobody over 18 should be able to win POY. That statement is ridiculous.

Sniper_Fan
Waterboy

Post by Sniper_Fan »

VisionQuest wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:48 pm I want everyone to look at the performance Maxfield just put up against Alex!!! Enough said!!! 23 points and carried the team on his back without Hynes in the lineup. Really don't know what else he has to do. Played great D with a charge or 2 that helped turn momentum of this game. Made his Free Throws. What more can he do?? Please someone tell me. Athens 9 in a Row now with this 71-60 win over a great defensive team.
Holy Cow, We Get It! We Get it! Your kid is a good player. We all agree. Geez.

And because your kid is a good player, that means back in the day you were a good player, too.

Next topic??

Sniper_Fan
Waterboy

Post by Sniper_Fan »

I spoke to two of them, and just to correct you Morehead, one was D2

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

3 college coaches scouting Maxfield? Great for him, hope he gets a full ride and gets a place he wants to go.

If I hear there are 3 college coaches at the Athens/Alex game I would’ve assumed it was to watch the 6’9 sophomore that has the 7’2 Dad.

Sniper_Fan
Waterboy

Post by Sniper_Fan »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:35 am
3 college coaches scouting Maxfield? Great for him, hope he gets a full ride and gets a place he wants to go.

If I hear there are 3 college coaches at the Athens/Alex game I would’ve assumed it was to watch the 6’9 sophomore that has the 7’2 Dad.
One of the coaches I talked to said that he actually played against the sophmore's dad in college and that he was on their radar and they were keeping their eye on him, but they were really interested in the Athens kid.

They said it was hard to judge kids around here considering level of competition, and wondered if the kid might consider tranferring to Columbus for his senior year like the Watson kid to get more exposure.

bburner
Freshman Team

Post by bburner »

93Bulldog wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:08 pm What doesn't show up in those stats is his hustle, steals, charges taken ... he's been great all year in that area.

Too bad player of the year is never measured or judged by those things though.
Agreed. I never see any posts about rebounding either. I bet the coach's pay attention

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

It is coming up on the Easter season. So I had a talk with my Priest in Confessional. He said lay off those old men who sit around in their Fruit of the Looms and take everything so personal and ask yourself WWJD. And being the good Catholic I am and not wanting anyone to Stroke out over what I write on SEOPREPS. I have decided to take a Sabbatical until after the Throwdown Showdown between VC AND THE BULLDOGS next week in the Sectional. Peace Out and Carpe Diem!!!

Sniper_Fan
Waterboy

Post by Sniper_Fan »

VisionQuest wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:29 pm It is coming up on the Easter season. So I had a talk with my Priest in Confessional. He said lay off those old men who sit around in their Fruit of the Looms and take everything so personal and ask yourself WWJD. And being the good Catholic I am and not wanting anyone to Stroke out over what I write on SEOPREPS. I have decided to take a Sabbatical until after the Throwdown Showdown between VC AND THE BULLDOGS next week in the Sectional. Peace Out and Carpe Diem!!!
The average level of intelligence will drastically improve this week. Bless you, Father.

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

Eight Pages.

Count them, Eight.

#DaddyLobbying

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

Sniper_Fan wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:36 pm
VisionQuest wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:29 pm It is coming up on the Easter season. So I had a talk with my Priest in Confessional. He said lay off those old men who sit around in their Fruit of the Looms and take everything so personal and ask yourself WWJD. And being the good Catholic I am and not wanting anyone to Stroke out over what I write on SEOPREPS. I have decided to take a Sabbatical until after the Throwdown Showdown between VC AND THE BULLDOGS next week in the Sectional. Peace Out and Carpe Diem!!!
The average level of intelligence will drastically improve this week. Bless you, Father.
Thank goodness.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I was getting ready to join your thoughts on the POY

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Let's just it to a river valley player

bburner
Freshman Team

Post by bburner »

I'm just glad coach's pick it & not us. Lol

i83
Freshman Team

Post by i83 »

Let's give to the best player in vc Vs athens tournament game

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

I've seen most of the players mentioned and I have seen the Athens players and the only one that really impressed me as POY was Cozard. H e has been out for some reason for a number of games . I have been a Yates supporter this year for I thought he was the front runner. I'm torn between 2 players now but looking at the position that he plays I think Speakman is a real possibility .Playing the PG position he does so much for VC. Which ever one from VC gets it will be of Comb's choice . He see them every day . Both good players . I really do not get people calling good players great players all the time .

Allthewayup11
Freshman Team

Post by Allthewayup11 »

Sniper_Fan wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:00 am
I spoke to two of them, and just to correct you Morehead, one was D2
Was a great game to hear on the radio. Was a good test for Athens as Alexander has played Vinton and Athens extremely tough this year. Sounded extremely physical and I'm glad no injuries for both teams going into post season. Anyone have any stats on Yates and Speakman in the Wellston game? Also, any words if Athens will be making up the game against Morgan. I haven't seen anything about it.

Also, anyone have any idea what were the three colleges at the game scouting? Were they OH schools? I wish more of them would come down and check out the talent in Southeast OH.

morehead state
Waterboy

Post by morehead state »

Not a stretch to say number 1 the Athens point guard might be some of the glue during the 9 game winning streak, Sure did not play much during his career due to injuries. His coach at the prestigious All Ohio Basketball was there to see his hs game . His brother plays FCS1 College football. The OU Bobcats play a team from his conference. Yates boy is one of my favorites along with Maxfield and Hynes for POY. I like the football mentality. Another div 1 coach be in Logan Friday.

Return to “Boys Basketball”