DII - Logan sectional

Treyman3
Freshman Team

Re: DII - Logan sectional

Post by Treyman3 »

I’d take 2 wins over TriValley and John Glen over any 2 FU wins. In the past the MSL buckeye was a great league but with LE and BC down, it’s not quite the same

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Treyman3 wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:05 am Go ahead and hint. Sheridan didn’t avoid a matchup with FU. FU declined more than 1 option before the seedlings.
We'll agree to disagree.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

The win over John Glenn is really impressive for Sheridan, especially after losing the first matchup in a lopsided manner.

Bud07
Freshman Team

Post by Bud07 »

I agree this is a nice win for Sheridan, however FU Lost to Teays Valley in over time the first time and then beats them by 20. Then loses to Amanda by 3 after not playing for 14 days and the second time around beats them by 36. There is no doubt that FU went through a rough patch there, but they are rolling now. Tonight will 've a great test. I am excited to see this one.

Bball4
Waterboy

Post by Bball4 »

It is what it is. I don't feel FU was ducking anybody before seating. We have been averaging 3 games a week do to the weather. There was no where to put the game. You gave us a couple of dates that were declined and we gave you a couple that were declined. That is the issue about weather that no one can control. Yes it would have been nice to play before the seating but it didn't happen. It's time to move on and see where things fall tomorrow.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

So who is #1. Sheridan or Fairfield Union? Big difference from #1's path and #2

Resume is probably Sheridan. My opinion right now is Fairfield Union

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

pfloyd wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:15 am Through tonight's games ... I have to go with my eye tests on the top 3 teams in the Logan Sectional :

1. Fairfield Union
2. Warren Local
3. Sheridan

... this is NOT "dissing" Sheridan's record , it's looking at what each team brings to the table ... records are about opponents played and beaten , Sheridan doesn't play the competition that FU or Warren have played imo ...

VC and ATHENS most likely the 4 and 5. Who you thinking gets 6 and 7 PFloyd? LE deserve the 6? Or does NEW LEX? And take Stiverson out of the Equation. LOL.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I'd say Sheridan locked up the #1 with beating John Glenn. Sheridan's wins are far more impressive than Fairfield Union and Warren. John Glenn did beat Warren's best win Meadowbrook

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Treyman3 wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:05 am Go ahead and hint. Sheridan didn’t avoid a matchup with FU. FU declined more than 1 option before the seedlings.
Lol smh

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

Seeding is tomorrow correct?

Go Blue
Bigman83
Riding the Bench

Post by Bigman83 »

Whs95fan wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:03 am Seeding is tomorrow correct?
Yes

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Put me in the category as LOVING the fact we get FOUR teams out ... But, on the down side, it's gonna make for a very uneventful sectional tournament at Jim's Gym, IMO.

It's safe to say this is going to be a little bit of a snooze-fest. Top three seeds should roll, leaving the Logan sectional as a one-trick pony. The headliner, the marque match-up will undoubtedly be the RUBBER-MATCH between Athens and Vinton County.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

93Bulldog wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:31 am Put me in the category as LOVING the fact we get FOUR teams out ... But, on the down side, it's gonna make for a very uneventful sectional tournament at Jim's Gym, IMO.

It's safe to say this is going to be a little bit of a snooze-fest. Top three seeds should roll, leaving the Logan sectional as a one-trick pony. The headliner, the marque match-up will undoubtedly be the RUBBER-MATCH between Athens and Vinton County.
You might be right (more than likely), but I wouldn't skip out on the other 3 games either. One of those could end up being mighty interesting. Not saying it will happen, but there's definitely a chance.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

93Bulldog wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:31 am Put me in the category as LOVING the fact we get FOUR teams out ... But, on the down side, it's gonna make for a very uneventful sectional tournament at Jim's Gym, IMO.

Vinton will not fare well if that was/is the matchup. Said over a month ago that Athens would get on a run.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

VisionQuest wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:04 am
pfloyd wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:15 am Through tonight's games ... I have to go with my eye tests on the top 3 teams in the Logan Sectional :

1. Fairfield Union
2. Warren Local
3. Sheridan

... this is NOT "dissing" Sheridan's record , it's looking at what each team brings to the table ... records are about opponents played and beaten , Sheridan doesn't play the competition that FU or Warren have played imo ...

VC and ATHENS most likely the 4 and 5. Who you thinking gets 6 and 7 PFloyd? LE deserve the 6? Or does NEW LEX? And take Stiverson out of the Equation. LOL.
... LOL - you're killing me VQ ! LOL I am used to looking at the BIG picture when it comes to evaluating a TEAM - the bench, the coaching staff ALWAYS comes into play ALWAYS ... I don't know how many times I say to myself "great move" in seeing a coaching decision executed by the TEAM on the floor ... BUT I will try to take the coaching out of the decision :

New Lex ON PAPER have a solid combination of inside/outside in Seth Russell in the paint (I'm a Seth Russell fan) ... at 6-2 or 6-3 the kid is very good getting his shot and can step to shoot the three ball as well , he works his butt off in the paint vs bigger players but has the width/strength to cause all kinds of problems down low for the opposition ... New Lex has lefty PG Mark Pickrell - in the game vs Sheridan he dropped 24 points, 2 triples, extremely quick with the ball ... Russell & Pickrell ARE IT for New Lex offensively - scoring 44 out of 51 points vs Sheridan ...

Logan Elm is a TEAM ... a young, physically immature TEAM but a SOLID TEAM ... 1 senior (Cody Anderson), 1 jr ( Evan Huffman), 1 sophomore (Jared Harrington), 3 freshmen - (Isaac Ward, Jason Sailor, Jeremy Wietelmann) ... LE goes 8 deep with Gabe Chalfin, Luke Watson more youngin's ... vs Athens 5 of the 8 scored with freshman Ward dropping 6 triples, freshman Wietelmann dropping 2 triples, junior Huffman dropping 3 triples ... inside scoring/size coming from Anderson/Watson 10 points combined vs a BIG Athens club playing a matchup zone ... defensively LE has had to learn on the job - they have NOW gone through a complete varsity season vs size, strength - they NOW know what it means to use your body playing man to man defense / they KNOW how NOT to use their hands but move their feet ... LE has won 3 games in a row now playing solid at the defensive end bringing into the equations the "hold your opponent to under 50 points" defensive philosophy of Holbert/Stiverson/Dropsey ...

Big Man ... advantage LE with 2 BIGS (at least vs NL "big" ... Anderson/Watson over Russell
Perimeter scoring ... LE Wietelmann/Ward/Huffman over Pickrell NL
Defense ... Logan Elm the TEAM , just as quick as Pickrell at all of the perimeter positions ... better fundamentals at ALL positions

Logan Elm IS #6
New Lexington #7

IF you throw in the Stiverson/Holbert/Dropsey factor :

Logan Elm IS #6
+
+
+
New Lexington #7

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

pfloyd wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:44 am

1. Fairfield Union
2. Warren Local
3. Sheridan

... LOL - you're killing me VQ ! LOL I am used to looking at the BIG picture when it comes to evaluating a TEAM - the bench, the coaching staff ALWAYS comes into play ALWAYS ... I don't know how many times I say to myself "great move" in seeing a coaching decision executed by the TEAM on the floor ... BUT I will try to take the coaching out of the decision :

New Lex ON PAPER have a solid combination of inside/outside in Seth Russell in the paint (I'm a Seth Russell fan) ... at 6-2 or 6-3 the kid is very good getting his shot and can step to shoot the three ball as well , he works his butt off in the paint vs bigger players but has the width/strength to cause all kinds of problems down low for the opposition ... New Lex has lefty PG Mark Pickrell - in the game vs Sheridan he dropped 24 points, 2 triples, extremely quick with the ball ... Russell & Pickrell ARE IT for New Lex offensively - scoring 44 out of 51 points vs Sheridan ...

Logan Elm is a TEAM ... a young, physically immature TEAM but a SOLID TEAM ... 1 senior (Cody Anderson), 1 jr ( Evan Huffman), 1 sophomore (Jared Harrington), 3 freshmen - (Isaac Ward, Jason Sailor, Jeremy Wietelmann) ... LE goes 8 deep with Gabe Chalfin, Luke Watson more youngin's ... vs Athens 5 of the 8 scored with freshman Ward dropping 6 triples, freshman Wietelmann dropping 2 triples, junior Huffman dropping 3 triples ... inside scoring/size coming from Anderson/Watson 10 points combined vs a BIG Athens club playing a matchup zone ... defensively LE has had to learn on the job - they have NOW gone through a complete varsity season vs size, strength - they NOW know what it means to use your body playing man to man defense / they KNOW how NOT to use their hands but move their feet ... LE has won 3 games in a row now playing solid at the defensive end bringing into the equations the "hold your opponent to under 50 points" defensive philosophy of Holbert/Stiverson/Dropsey ...

Big Man ... advantage LE with 2 BIGS (at least vs NL "big" ... Anderson/Watson over Russell
Defense ... Logan Elm the TEAM , just as quick as Pickrell at all of the perimeter positions ... better fundamentals at ALL positions

Logan Elm IS #6
New Lexington #7

Logan Elm IS #6
+
+
+
New Lexington #7

Thanks for the Perspective!!!

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

pfloyd wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:44 am

1. Fairfield Union
2. Warren Local
3. Sheridan

Logan Elm IS #6
New Lexington #7

Logan Elm IS #6
+
+
+
New Lexington #7

Great rundown, and a big win for the Braves last night against Hamilton Township, a team with some athleticism and length.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Alrighty then ! I’m here at Fairfield Union for FU vs the U which will be an awesome game tonight ... I told the folks in power about the discussion on SEOPs as to the rescheduling of the FU @ Sheridan game ... as soon as opened my mouth with rescheduling of the postponed game I was greeted by 2 large gentlemen , whisked to a back room where a phone was lying on the table ... on either side was a space marked Hillary C. One marked the Donald ... I asked about those spaces , was told they were distroyed and/or erased memory cards ... that left the phone in the middle - the gentlemen said scroll through the texts ... hmmmmm the texts were concerning dates to reschedule the postponed FU / Sheridan game ! I looked to see which side proposed dates ... here was my conclusion from the phone evidence Sheridan folks DID propose “A” date - ONE - while the FU folks propose FIVE dates ! ... THAT should be the end of the discussion as to who wanted this one played before the seeding meetings ... the part about the 2 large gentlemen was real ... the part about Hillary’s & the Donald’s phones not real ... the part about texts as to who wanted to schedule who made a complimentary offer - real ... the seeding is over , the game was not played before the seeding deadline ... BUT now at least I have the story as well knowing who REALLY knew what they were posting about ...

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

They both had an open date on the 30th. Sheridan said no.

TravisHill22
Freshman Team

Post by TravisHill22 »

VisionQuest wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:54 pm
TravisHill22 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:55 pm LE will be the 6 seed
Think they will get it over New Lex?
Yes i do

Return to “Boys Basketball”