All Conference

Re: Chesapeake vs. Ironton - Reg'l Championship - 3/20 @ 7:30PM

Post by wemufans »

May the best team win!

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Ironton and the "Four Freshmen" (wasn't that a music group from the 1950's & early 60's ?) ;-)

-----IRONTON BY 12-----

earp
S

Post by earp »

I hear the winner of this game gets the Bowling Green Region winner which will be either Plymouth or Lima Central Catholic!

Charge
Varsity

Post by Charge »

I will take peake in a close one.

Amen Corner
Varsity

Post by Amen Corner »

With Fletcher really coming on and Carter late in the season it is a huge plus for the bench :122245

If Ironton brings the defense, then Ironton wins. If not Chessy wins.

Go Fighting Tigers :!:

Schnellfritz
Varsity

Post by Schnellfritz »

Ironton by enough.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Here's Ironton's Freshmen Players Stats after 3 games at the Convo vs Nelsonville-York, Peebles and Eastern Brown:

Carter - 31 Points - 8 Steals
Fletcher - 25 Points - 35 Rebounds - 4 Blocked shots (2 Double Doubles)
Culbertson - 8 Points - 6 Rebounds (2 Games)

Fletcher didn't play in the first game between these two Teams, his inside play should help the Tigers out alot. He's been a rebounding machine at the Convo.

moose
Varsity

Post by moose »

57 - 54 on a last second three pointer

rico suave
Freshman Team

Post by rico suave »

winner of this game will be one and done in the state. this is a very weak region that has played to these teams advantages.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

rico suave wrote:winner of this game will be one and done in the state. this is a very weak region that has played to these teams advantages.

If the Region is "weak" as you put it (3 Ranked Teams in the AP Poll), Ironton and Chesapeaks Regular Season Schedules wasn't. The Only D3 Ranked Teams still in the Tournament are: # 4 Plymouth, #6 Cincinnati Taft, #9 Ironton

I guess we'll just have to play the Game and see........

I bet there's 192 D3 Boys Basketball Teams that would love to be in the position Ironton and Chesapeake is in right now............Anything can happen at this point in the Tournament and one of these Teams will have a chance to play in the FINAL FOUR. Whichever Team ends up making it to the Final Four I'll be Cheering them on.

GO TIGERS...........

chspanthers72
Riding the Bench

Post by chspanthers72 »

I do not believe this is the weakest region. I believe Canton is, but Kettering and Bowling Green are the toughest. As a Chesapeake fan I think we could care less about being one and done. This I believe is the sixth time we have made it this far. So making it to Columbus would be enough.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

not picking a winner...best of luck to two great teams......should be a dandy...

Championship
JV Team

Post by Championship »

with the emerging freshman coming on strong for ironton late in the season i can see ironton winning this game, simply because they werent really a big factor in the 1st meeting between the 2 early this season ... But at the same time I can also see Hintz from Peake giving the Itown guards fits with his quickness and stealing ability ... I believe it all comes down to who plays better defense in this one ... If peake can keep ironton out of the lane and clear the glass i like there chances, but I can't see that happening ... A crucial matchup in this game will be Kochendorfer(sp??) and Copley, I dont know if they will guard each other but I think you'll see these 2 take their teams on there back late in the game ... With all this being said I think Ironton is too deep and will come out and play better defense. Ironton by 7

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

tk421 wrote:
theassassin wrote:i heard today that ohio u and the ohsaa has entered into an agreement with marshall and instead of both teams traveling to athens the game will be held at henderson center in huntington instead. :shock:

Anyone know anything about this?

i guess it was close to happening... some final details not able to be worked out.

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

good luck to both teams... hate to see either lose. mark and ryan both do a good job with their teams.

Doubleduece
Waterboy

Post by Doubleduece »

In my opinion, these two teams and Peebles were most deserving of a final four berth. Their body of work was great, each continued to get better as the season progressed, and both are coached well.

These are PROGRAMS, not two teams having a once in a lifetime season.

If Peake is finally going to get to the Schott, they better take care of business this year. Because, the next three years everything goes thru Ironton.

Also, this is Cincinnati Taft's championship to lose. They are loaded and will be the favorite in each game played.

ovc fan
Varsity

Post by ovc fan »

with the emerging freshman coming on strong for ironton late in the season i can see ironton winning this game, simply because they werent really a big factor in the 1st meeting between the 2 early this season ... But at the same time I can also see Hintz from Peake giving the Itown guards fits with his quickness and stealing ability ... I believe it all comes down to who plays better defense in this one ... If peake can keep ironton out of the lane and clear the glass i like there chances, but I can't see that happening ... A crucial matchup in this game will be Kochendorfer(sp??) and Copley, I dont know if they will guard each other but I think you'll see these 2 take their teams on there back late in the game ... With all this being said I think Ironton is too deep and will come out and play better defense. Ironton by 7

I am no basketball guru....but, in the first meeting in regular season....Carter didnt play in the JV game but all the rest of the fab freshman did. And I hate to say this but the Peakes freshman ate them alive. Thats all i got to say about that. A big part of that first loss was due to Waginger. Who isnt there now. So, all I'm saying is its going to be a good game and I aint saying who is going to win but lighten up on the freshman talk. Peake has a 15 year old sophomore that was all state. So what? It all comes down to this game. Doesnt matter how old they are. Good luck to both teams and kids.

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

theassassin wrote:
tk421 wrote:
theassassin wrote:i heard today that ohio u and the ohsaa has entered into an agreement with marshall and instead of both teams traveling to athens the game will be held at henderson center in huntington instead. :shock:

Anyone know anything about this?

i guess it was close to happening... some final details not able to be worked out.

What final details and why not - because the venue was across the River in WV?
Much better to make two schools located 20 miles apart travel 200 miles round trip to play each other in OH. Or was this supposed idea a "joke" posting from the start, and I just got suckered into believing and responding?

ovc fan
Varsity

Post by ovc fan »

caglewis, you been had! lol. Not by me though. You've done a great job with your updates all year! Keep up the good work.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

What final details and why not - because the venue was across the River in WV?
Much better to make two schools located 20 miles apart travel 200 miles round trip to play each other in OH. Or was this supposed idea a "joke" posting from the start, and I just got suckered into believing and responding?
[/quote]

my guess is, this was never going to happen,Im sure OSHHA has to reserve the sites way a head of time,,,

would be nice for two local teams to play closer to home,but no way of knowing who will be playing each other week by week

Return to “Boys Basketball”