Eastern Pike-2010-2011

eagles73Taylor
SE

Re: Eastern Pike-2010-2011

Post by eagles73Taylor »

You cant compare the SOC I to the SOC II and you cannot compare D IV to D III/II.

Year in and year out, Waverly plays on average a tougher group in the SOC II and DII.

Whos the best program, wont touch that. Eastern definately leads in the titles category, but what is the head to head the last 10 or so years?

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

eagles73 wrote:You cant compare the SOC I to the SOC II and you cannot compare D IV to D III/II.

Year in and year out, Waverly plays on average a tougher group in the SOC II and DII.

Whos the best program, wont touch that. Eastern definately leads in the titles category, but what is the head to head the last 10 or so years?
I understand what you are saying Eagles 73. But I do also think that you can compare schools relatively which means how do they do within their divisions against teams that are similar in size. Eastern Pike historically has done well in D4 with some occasional good wins against larger schools (D3 and D2). Waverly plays in a tougher division (SOC2), but is also a D2 school playing mainly smaller D3 schools. My point is relatively speaking, Waverly has had less success playing schools of similar size and even smaller schools than them in their conference.

I am not the one that started this, but my point is Waverly is no powerhouse in basketball when you look at their tourney success (schools of same size) and conference success (playing smaller D3 schools).

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

I stand by my statement why would he leave Western to go to Eastern.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

bengalfan76 wrote:I stand by my statement why would he leave Western to go to Eastern.
On this you and I agree Bengalfan76. I for one haven't heard anything about this except on here? I just took exception to the way you stated the above originally (implying that Eastern wasn't worthy of consideration for the kid?)

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Actually root for Eastern when Not playing Piketon

Im fond John Fond
Waterboy

Post by Im fond John Fond »

Why would you go to Waverly to play when its all last names there and Eastern is a bit under the radar and I think they will have a better season than Western so why wouldnt he move to Eastern and win the conference title. Shoot he might be movin for other reasons. Good point on the school sizes but you also got to consider that they both face schools around their size who have around the same amount of talent to choose from yeah Waverly does face better talent but they still have a big enough school to get a equal amount of talent while Eastern faces school that are smaller and they get to choose from their talent at about equal odds. So considering each school has faced mainly schools around their size Eastern has had a much better tradition when coming to wins and titles.

TheWiseOwl
Waterboy

Post by TheWiseOwl »

I could think of one reason why he wouldnt go to Waverly, he wouldnt get any playing time there

Sports_10
Waterboy

Post by Sports_10 »

Maybe, he left cause the coach.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

You are right and eastern lost 4 games a year ago and waverly is going to be great this year but they are going to have ther hands full in the big soc 2 Webster will be realy good again I think they either won or took second in the league last year and there only a d-4 lots of tallent to compete with . But as a waverly grad myself Gooooo Tigers!!!

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

Eastern has had their fair share of success throughout the years, but has never made it past the Regional Finals. They have plenty of Sectional and District titles to hang in the gym, but like so many have said, it is hard to compare the Pike County schools.

Mr.basketball72
Waterboy

Post by Mr.basketball72 »

Satterfield would be a starter this year at Waverly if he chose to go there. BUt anyways, I hear he did make the transfer. Western is in for a rough season this year. I do not see any team that they will be able to beat.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Aaron is a very good player and a good kid but there is no way he starts at Waverly or Piketon for that matter and as far as Western goes it might be a long year and they might surprise some teams as well that's why they play the games Satterfield would have helped them no doubt but Aaron is no Mcloud,or Mike White,Bobby smithson, or Vince shanks he's a good player but he's not a 10 win difference type player he is good but he made his choice and I hope it works out for him I wish he would have stayed but understand why he left.

Mr.basketball72
Waterboy

Who does Waverly have this year besides Martin, Kretzer, and Kelly. Exactly Satterfield would be a starter. And from what I seen last year Satterfield is the only reason Western even won any games. Look at the stats, every game Western won, Satterfield had more then the spread. You can't deny the facts.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Here is a basketball fact for you Aaron was a sophmore on a team that won 5 games they had a 6'7 center a 6'4 power forward and a point guard that was fast as lightning now stat man how many of Aaron points came from 3 point range I bet 95% why well stat man the deffenses we sucked in letting him float around the perimiter geting open looks he is a very good player but this year he would have been guarded just like South Webster was doing in the sectional game and they had held him to 3 maybe he would have got more in the second half of that game but that's the way teams would approch him this year

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Here is a basketball fact for you Aaron was a sophmore on a team that won 5 games they had a 6'7 center a 6'4 power forward and a point guard that was fast as lightning now stat man how many of Aaron points came from 3 point range I bet 95% why well stat man the deffenses we sucked in letting him float around the perimiter geting open looks he is a very good player but this year he would have been guarded just like South Webster was doing in the sectional game and they had held him to 3 maybe he would have got more in the second half of that game but that's the way teams would approch him this year

Mr.basketball72
Waterboy

Actually he probably only had 50% points from 3-point line. You must be blind. because he was one of the best players on the team as a SOPHMORE! Your an idiot.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Wow touchy aren't we he wasn't one of the best he was the best what I'm saying is he wasn't the only player he had other players on the team that had to be acounted forge nver drew anyones best deffender till tournament time I see just fine I think maybe you might not really know what your looking at is the thing he is a good player and would have been Westerns best player again this year

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

Is this a rumor about Satterfield or is he planning on transferring?

Are you guys just debating on speculation?

The Player
Riding the Bench

Post by The Player »

Aaron Satterfield is at eastern officially but he is a transfer so he has to sit out a year.

Green Dough
Waterboy

Post by Green Dough »

I didnt see him really fitting in with Eastern's game play this soon anyways.
I mean there are others that are familiar with the system at Eastern. There are jv players that would end up doing better this year. I just don't see him playing over the guys already here. I dont think he'll come nearly close to being able to score like he did at western. He shot anytime he wanted there. Not at Eastern. There is offense to be ran.
People like Blake Roberts and Zach Bobst are ahead of him. I don't see him doing anything special at eastern.

Return to “Boys Basketball”