Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #2

Hoopie74
SEOP

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #2

Post by Hoopie74 »

pfloyd wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:09 pm Western over Portsmouth tonight ? makes the Eastern Pike 53-45 win over Western even a better W ...
It was a great game. Well played by both teams. 14 and 23 for Western and #2 and 32 for Portsmouth stood out for me.Both played great team ball .It could have gone either way as the final score showed. #2 for Portsmouth was 5 for 5 from the foul line the last 90 seconds.#23 for Western played a great 4th quarter ,he jumps and boxes out very good for his size. Glad I took the time to go.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Hoopie74 wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:21 pm
pfloyd wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:09 pm Western over Portsmouth tonight ? makes the Eastern Pike 53-45 win over Western even a better W ...
It was a great game. Well played by both teams. 14 and 23 for Western and #2 and 32 for Portsmouth stood out for me.Both played great team ball .It could have gone either way as the final score showed. #2 for Portsmouth was 5 for 5 from the foul line the last 90 seconds.#23 for Western played a great 4th quarter ,he jumps and boxes out very good for his size. Glad I took the time to go.
In my opinion when westerns #11 started denying the ball to #2 the game changed.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Hoopie74 wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:24 pm
Hoopie74 wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:21 pm
In my opinion when westerns #11 started denying the ball to #2 the game changed.
... denying #2 Fraulini the ball AND making #3 Latimore for PHS go to his right the whole game has to be the recipe vs a good , young Trojan team ...

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

I believe by tournament time both teams will be potent. A couple of bench players believing in themselves for both teams will be needed additions.

Chaw
Freshman Team

Post by Chaw »

Vik wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:54 pm I like where my Blue Devils are but wish my Waterford kids were a few spots higher
I completely agree with you about Waterford....they are about twenty spots better than 35th on the list.... they're only loss came from Alexander at their place and Waterford was missing their starting point gaurd and another starter due to sickness.... would've been a totally different ballgame with them... They won't lose a TVC game all year...my prediction....and are greatly underestimated..

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Chaw wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:53 am
Vik wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:54 pm I like where my Blue Devils are but wish my Waterford kids were a few spots higher
I completely agree with you about Waterford....they are about twenty spots better than 35th on the list.... they're only loss came from Alexander at their place and Waterford was missing their starting point gaurd and another starter due to sickness.... would've been a totally different ballgame with them... They won't lose a TVC game all year...my prediction....and are greatly underestimated..
Who were the two players missing?
I'm not sure it would have changed the outcome, maybe the score.
I watched that game from start to finish, it was 32-4 at halftime. It was a complete mismatch.
But I agree, they may not lose a league game all year, but this is far and away the weakest I have ever seen the TVC-Hocking.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

93Bulldog wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:16 am
Chaw wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:53 am
Who were the two players missing?
I'm not sure it would have changed the outcome, maybe the score.
I watched that game from start to finish, it was 32-4 at halftime. It was a complete mismatch.
But I agree, they may not lose a league game all year, but this is far and away the weakest I have ever seen the TVC-Hocking.
Agree, that side of the TVC is very, very down.

D4 in general is wayyyyyyy down in SE Ohio this year.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
southpaw
Waterboy

Post by southpaw »

Eastern Pike may have lost a player but I would see them finishing better than 4th in the SOC 2. EP beat a very good Fairland team whom beat South Webster by double digits and SW won against Waverly. I realize the SOC 2 is a stronger league for sure but saying that EP would be 4th at best is a bold statement in my opinion. I wish all the teams the best of luck, really fun time of year!

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

southpaw wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:22 pm Eastern Pike may have lost a player but I would see them finishing better than 4th in the SOC 2. EP beat a very good Fairland team whom beat South Webster by double digits and SW won against Waverly. I realize the SOC 2 is a stronger league for sure but saying that EP would be 4th at best is a bold statement in my opinion. I wish all the teams the best of luck, really fun time of year!
Where do you see them finishing in the SOC-2 ? They will have a chance in the Pike Co. Tournament to see if they are better than Waverly. Oak Hill already beat them at Pike Eastern. Do you really think they can beat Wheelersburg?

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

I think Eastern would finish 4th or 5th. Here is why. No depth. Wheelersburg is better. Oak hill already beat them. They are about the same as Waverly Webster. But with no depth, on any given night when one of their stars gets in foul trouble, Minford Valley or West could beat them. If they had any depth they would be 2nd or 3rd. One starter quitting certainly didn’t help them.

southpaw
Waterboy

Post by southpaw »

I think they would be in the top 4 mix as long as they stayed healthy. Burg would be a tough game for them, as well as Waverly, very competitive league. I don’t see the Oak Hill loss as an accurate measuring stick of where they would finish.

Pa Trojan
JV Team

Post by Pa Trojan »

Trojans travel a few miles to face County Opponent Portsmouth West on Sat, Trojans need to bounce back... Go Trojans

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

About time to head down Rt 33 ... A'town vs Alexander ... a couple of Christmas hot dogs/a water ... I have my own twizzlers thank you ... everyone enjoy the holiday weekend opening night games ! be safe out there ...

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Chillicothe on the road is smashing Ironton

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

The young Peebles Indians are beginning to gel under the junior leadership of Weston Browning.The youngsters are learning great team ball from coach Arey. They may be a force by tournament. Tonight was a night where they played a great team game against a great White oak team.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... hope everyone got out to see their favorite TEAM last night ! I was going over the game results from last night - a lot of games where teams "showed me" something - the committee of one IS watching :

Nelsonville York losing to Vinton County by 1 ... the Buckeyes coming off of a 3 point loss to a physical Athens team Tuesday night ... NY is making a positive impression even being on the losing end this week ... as O&B corrected me on the location for this one it turned Vinton County RED ! being IN Buchtel last night the 1 point W was a BIG win for VC as this same NY team only lost to Elite 8 Athens by 3 Tuesday night at home ... both VC & NY have my attention and moving in the right direction ...

Athens/Alexander ... the Bulldogs of Coach Cozart showed they can control games with their D ... I NEED to see Athens vs a quality team - Logan/Warren/Lancaster (LHS has 6-8 size in the paint of the OCC variety - can score/can rebound)/Marietta/Jackson - the opportunities are coming up along with the ALEX rematch ... Alexander showed me that I NEED to see them AGAIN - in the 2 games I have watched the Spartans play they have offensively disappeared in the 2nd half ... in both games I have seen them play the size advantage they SHOULD have inside hasn't materialized - scoring or rebounding wise ...

Portsmouth Clay over Symmes Valley ... the win over Symmes Valley isn't in itself a BIG win BUT for the Panthers after going through a 2 win 2017-18 season - Clay has doubled up on their W's (4-5) have beaten the teams that they should (ND/Symmes Valley/Northwest/Manchester) played a good Paint Valley team within 9 points to open the season ... have been within 9-14 points vs the better/best teams on their schedule this season (New Boston/North Adams/Western) ... the committee will be watching to see WHO the Clay Panthers knock off who "on paper" they shouldn't beat - THAT "W" IS COMING ...

New Boston losing in 3 OTs AT Eastern Pike ... the Tigers are trying to get respect ... got to GET the "W" when you are in position to GET the "W" ... the committee will be watching outcomes of the upcoming games vs Peebles & Western both in the Den at NB ...

Unioto over Paint Valley AT PV ... the U is coming ! there was NEVER a doubt really as Coach Hoops & his staff develop TEAMS as well as anyone ... the pieces that were "pieces" to begin the season have now figures out how they best fit together to become a TEAM - Isaac Little (22 points last night), Cade McKee 18 points/10 rbs/5 assts ... NOW the committee can give them the serious looks they have earned - Adena tonight will be a huge barometer game for the Shermans - the committee will be looking at the outcome/napkins stats for this one ...

Piketon over Southeastern ... the Red Streaks hammered an on again off again good basketball team in Southeastern by 20 points ... the committee
is looking for consistency from the Coach Legg's Streaks (12 point L to Adena/6 point W vs Unioto/ -2 point L to Huntington/+20 point W over Southeastern) - Jekyll & Hyde basketball puts at around .500 ... Zane Trace tonight at the Oven ? which Piketon team shows up tonight ?????

Chillicothe over Ironton AT Ironton ... BIG road win for the Cavs of Coach Huffer ... since the Cavs tossed the new & improved offensive scheme reverting back to getting the ball in the hands of Jayvon Maughmer where HE is comfortable getting the ball, and where the rest of the offense is geared to attacking the paint/rim - the Cavs have gone on the road to get Ws at McClain and Ironton while playing the #1 ranked Logan Purple tough in losing -6 points AT Logan ... Chillicothe comes home tonight to play Jackson at the Hat - going to be a fun game tonight in Chilli ...

Peebles over Whiteoak BIG last night ! +23 points ? Peebles is getting a lot of press on SEOPs as finding TEAM ... the 23 point win avenging the 12/7 loss to Whiteoak MAKES the committee take notice ... 3 straight W's ... should be 4 in a row vs Felicity tonight ...
Last edited by pfloyd on Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

pfloyd wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:23 am ... hope everyone got out to see their favorite TEAM last night ! I was going over the game results from last night - a lot of games where teams "showed me" something - the committee of one IS watching :

Nelsonville York losing to Vinton County by 1 IN McArthur ... the Buckeyes coming off of a 3 point loss to a physical Athens team Tuesday night ... NY is making a positive impression even being on the losing end this week ...

Athens/Alexander ... the Bulldogs of Coach Cozart showed they can control games with their D ... I NEED to see Athens vs a quality team - Logan/Warren/Lancaster (LHS has 6-8 size in the paint of the OCC variety - can score/can rebound)/Marietta/Jackson - the opportunities are coming up along with the ALEX rematch ... Alexander showed me that I NEED to see them AGAIN - in the 2 games I have watched the Spartans play they have offensively disappeared in the 2nd half ... in both games I have seen them play the size advantage they SHOULD have inside hasn't materialized - scoring or rebounding wise ...

Portsmouth Clay over Symmes Valley ... the win over Symmes Valley isn't in itself a BIG win BUT for the Panthers after going through a 2 win 2017-18 season - Clay has doubled up on their W's (4-5) have beaten the teams that they should (ND/Symmes Valley/Northwest/Manchester) played a good Paint Valley team within 9 points to open the season ... have been within 9-14 points vs the better/best teams on their schedule this season (New Boston/North Adams/Western) ... the committee will be watching to see WHO the Clay Panthers knock off who "on paper" they shouldn't beat - THAT "W" IS COMING ...

New Boston losing in 3 OTs AT Eastern Pike ... the Tigers are trying to get respect ... got to GET the "W" when you are in position to GET the "W" ... the committee will be watching outcomes of the upcoming games vs Peebles & Western both in the Den at NB ...

Unioto over Paint Valley AT PV ... the U is coming ! there was NEVER a doubt really as Coach Hoops & his staff develop TEAMS as well as anyone ... the pieces that were "pieces" to begin the season have now figures out how they best fit together to become a TEAM - Isaac Little (22 points last night), Cade McKee 18 points/10 rbs/5 assts ... NOW the committee can give them the serious looks they have earned - Adena tonight will be a huge barometer game for the Shermans - the committee will be looking at the outcome/napkins stats for this one ...

Piketon over Southeastern ... the Red Streaks hammered an on again off again good basketball team in Southeastern by 20 points ... the committee
is looking for consistency from the Coach Legg's Streaks (12 point L to Adena/6 point W vs Unioto/ -2 point L to Huntington/+20 point W over Southeastern) - Jekyll & Hyde basketball puts at around .500 ... Zane Trace tonight at the Oven ? which Piketon team shows up tonight ?????

Chillicothe over Ironton AT Ironton ... BIG road win for the Cavs of Coach Huffer ... since the Cavs tossed the new & improved offensive scheme reverting back to getting the ball in the hands of Jayvon Maughmer where HE is comfortable getting the ball, and where the rest of the offense is geared to attacking the paint/rim - the Cavs have gone on the road to get Ws at McClain and Ironton while playing the #1 ranked Logan Purple tough in losing -6 points AT Logan ... Chillicothe comes home tonight to play Jackson at the Hat - going to be a fun game tonight in Chilli ...

Peebles over Whiteoak BIG last night ! +23 points ? Peebles is getting a lot of press on SEOPs as finding TEAM ... the 23 point win avenging the 12/7 loss to Whiteoak MAKES the committee take notice ... 3 straight W's ... should be 4 in a row vs Felicity tonight ...
NY was at home, but I agree they are making strides.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Orange and Brown wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:31 am
pfloyd wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:23 am ... hope everyone got out to see their favorite TEAM last night ! I was going over the game results from last night - a lot of games where teams "showed me" something - the committee of one IS watching :

Nelsonville York losing to Vinton County by 1 IN McArthur ... the Buckeyes coming off of a 3 point loss to a physical Athens team Tuesday night ... NY is making a positive impression even being on the losing end this week ...

NY was at home, but I agree they are making strides.
... thanks Orange and Brown ... the way I had it written on my Big Board had this one in McArthur ... I'll fix it ...

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

After being in South Webster last year — back in the FAC this year.

I know you have seen 3 of the top 4. Greenfield is in the exact same class this year as Chillicothe, Jackson and CH.

WCH 47 Chillicothe 41. @ WCH
Greenfield 50 Jackson 48. @ Greenfield
Jackson 62 WCH 55 OT. @ Jackson
Chillicothe 60 Greenfield 51. @ Greenfield *
WCH 54 Greenfield 47 @ WCH.

Tonight Jackson at Chillicothe

Jackson 3-1
WCH 3-1
Chillicothe 2-1
Greenfield 2-2.

Top 4 here all deserve consideration.

I will be in WCH tonight for the Miami Trace rivalry.

Ironman will have us covered from The Hat.

Where will you be? And I apologize if you have already stated as I simply responded without reading much detail from above

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

And Greenfield was 5-2 before last night. Not sure if they played last night. I think you have them at 4-2.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk

Return to “Boys Basketball”